I love growing, but I have too much: what to do?

Has anyone run into this yet? I did my very first ever grow with two plants and had a reasonable harvest. About 7 and a half ounces. Right now my wife is abstaining and this is enough to last me probably a year. Having said that, I am hooked on the gardening and have already bought a bigger tent and bigger LED light to fit, but if I start another grow (which I am itching to do) I'm going to have way more than I need. I'll turn some into some strong oil (it takes a HUGE amount for edibles to work for me) and after that, I'm at a loss.

I am in a backwards state and I'm not going to sell it and I don't have any local relatives who use, so has anyone else had this problem?
Make a strong Tincture with 200 proof alchohol it will last indefinitely and stay just as potent for years and can fit several ounces of cannabis into a small bottle.

I have some heirloom pickling cucumber seeds I will try. I am into the Living organic soil thing, easy peasy... And I have several thousand worms making me some Magic Unicorn poop...
If you use those heirloom pickling cucumber seed, you will have to hand pollinate.
The type I had didn't need to be pollinated, could be picked from gherkin size to 8"x2" & seedless

I grow from seed every grow. Because of this I always find lesser pheno's that are not as good as others. These are for my friends. This way I can smoke what I want and need and still help others. I have 2 friends that know whats going on. They give it out to the people that want or need it.

If you live in high populated areas. There are lots of people that could be helped by what you grow. Look into donating the left overs to vets of seniors.

Don't you have friends that puff?

Dont tell them you're growing just tell them your wife quit and you bought too much the last time.

Wanna split a quarter pound with me?? a 1/4# is 5-hundy. Buy your wife something nice. Cash crops been sold for cash lots longer than you can even imagine. Hell they still stillin up corn for cash. Good stuff turn the lead in your pencil to hair on your chest. lol

Lottsa good ways to get rid of it. I never keep qty on hand. In my state qty gets you jail time ffs.

Those of you that share it, are you afraid that letting people know that you grow is a security risk? Even in a legal state, I would think if somebody you give it to happens to mention it to someone who is unsavory they might try robbing you or your plants? I'm not in a legal state, so there are other security issues as well.

Those of you that share it, are you afraid that letting people know that you grow is a security risk? Even in a legal state, I would think if somebody you give it to happens to mention it to someone who is unsavory they might try robbing you or your plants? I'm not in a legal state, so there are other security issues as well.
Yes. Something that could easily go very wrong under the most benign of circumstances. I have similar issues, but I’ve got a friend of a friend who lives far enough away. I would think the ideal solution would be a way to give it anonymously.

An easier solution... make tinctures ( they last FOREVER ), gummies, and edibles! Make CBD lotions. The world is yours, experiment!!!
Any ideas on how to make gummies? I know that I need some high proof alcohol, like Everclear, but I'm not sure where to find it in Canada. They highly regulate booze here. Any ideas? I also have a bunch of older flower that has to get used up before harvest.

I have the same excess weed from growing last summer so I finally got around to making brownies... they are awesome and freeze well and you can barter with them, etc. The wife almost passed out on a small piece, just a bit more than a 1" cube. Had to have the hurling bag on standby.... I will make the next batch less potent because these came out so delicious that we want to eat more! omg.

For butter I used a little under 20 grams of medium-power bud, decarbed and boiled in a couple quarts of water with 2 sticks of butter. I'll cut back to around 12grams with next batch.

I used a 6x9" glass pan and cut 20 brownies.... some a bit larger than others,

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Cocoa or Cacao powder (I used cacao)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons water
Cannabis butter – 1 stick (around 4 oz, 120 grams)
2 large eggs
1/3rd+ cup flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
Grease your brownie pan
Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt, water and cannabis butter to a mixing bowl.
Whisk to blend all the ingredients together.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating them as hard as you can with a whisk until the mixture is glossy.
Add flour to the bowl and whisk the entire mixture for about 3 minutes.
Bake the mix for about 20-30 minutes.
You can find out whether they are done by poking them with a toothpick inserted until it comes out clean.

Make a strong Tincture with 200 proof alchohol it will last indefinitely and stay just as potent for years and can fit several ounces of cannabis into a small bottle.
So I went to the state run liquor store (stupid, backwards state!) and they don't sell 190 proof, only 151. Anyone have a tincture recipe that will work with that?

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I give a lot away and make edibles. I have about 1oz last from 2 years ago which was just shy of a pound. Last years grow was slightly over a pound and its dwindling fast. I guess I smoke more then when I started lol

Sometimes I give my excess to homeless folks. The ones here panhandle for drug money, so i could give a dollar towards getting high on gawd knows what tainted street drug or hand out a few doobies that cost me .02 and they're VERY happy about it.
After a few cycles i start thinning out the lesser stuff and put it aside. There's one old rasta guy with a prosthetic leg who just looks so pained limping down the sidewalk but he sure feels a little better after i drive off and that's cool. Feels good cheering up those down and out.
I like your style bro
Imagine if the whole world could do the same.
Peace

Any ideas on how to make gummies? I know that I need some high proof alcohol, like Everclear, but I'm not sure where to find it in Canada. They highly regulate booze here. Any ideas? I also have a bunch of older flower that has to get used up before harvest.
The only place in Canada where it is sold is Alberta. It is not available in BC. You can buy it in Washington state. I also got 20 ounces on my last harvest. Have made a lot of cookies which I gave away. Made some cannabutter gel caps. I am well into my current grow and have 4-5 weeks to go. I expect this will be another bumper crop. I still have probably 10 ounces sitting in jars. Might just make some couchlock cookies to give the homeless people. It'll stop them from stealing.
Screenshot_2020-02-08 Everclear 190 Proof Grain Alcohol 750ml.png

The only place in Canada where it is sold is Alberta. It is not available in BC. You can buy it in Washington state. I also got 20 ounces on my last harvest. Have made a lot of cookies which I gave away. Made some cannabutter gel caps. I am well into my current grow and have 4-5 weeks to go. I expect this will be another bumper crop. I still have probably 10 ounces sitting in jars. Might just make some couchlock cookies to give the homeless people. It'll stop them from stealing.
Screenshot_2020-02-08 Everclear 190 Proof Grain Alcohol 750ml.png
Thanks. I found that I ould buy a bottle of Alcool here in Ontario. It's the equivalent. $100. That was surprising, but it will likely render 1L of tincture. Problem solved.

Maybe a cheaper route like dry ice hash or pressing flowers for rosin with a hair iron would be worth trying? You do have to be pretty careful if you plan to cook off the alcohol. I've used both everclear and isopropyl alcohol for distillation and woooweee it's intense under your tongue if you're not used to it! Think mouthwash x4! I Have also cooked off the alcohol and dabbed the remaining hash oil and gotten a nice buzz but using a hair iron for the same result is way faster and won't blow your house up LOL. Those alcohol vapors are no joke and if it ignites the flame is almost invisible.

Guess I just smoke too much or need to become a better gardener cause I've never had such a great problem. Too much bud?!? That's like too much fun or too much money lol or too much sex. Count your blessings friend
I’m with you on that one!

Back
Top Bottom