KCMP Fall 2015 Grow! - All LED - Coco/Perlite - Ebb & Flow

Hey KCMP sorry been gone for a min, had some things come up. But dang did I miss some of the show or what!! Those girls look amazing, with bud sights every freakin where. Great work my man, also love the pic at the mountain, that is some gorgeous stuff. Like cogreen said thank you for the explanation on the bennies, I will have to take a look at mammothP.
I was wondering how are you mixing up the foliar spray? And do you spray on just leaves or both bud sites and leaves ?

Hey thanks for the compliments! For the foliar spray I was simply cutting my reservoir water to 1/2 strength and assuring that the PH was a stable 5.

So far I am really loving the Mammoth P, but after a week the buildup in the reservoir looks like a scene out of Alien.

Have you thought of tying the bigger colas first then cutting? Any others that need support after that you could tend to as you seem fit. That's my game plan for my scrog may be a pain in the ass but imo it'll be worth it for the later stages of flowering, you know easier to tend and get to.

Ended up having to tie quite a few of the colas up today. They would just not stand up under their own weight. It also helped to open up the canopy in a really beneficial way. As soon as I started pulling the big colas up I realized that they were covering tons of budsites that were surprisingly well developed. I expect them to start swelling up over the next week now that they are exposed to air and light.

So far I am really loving the Mammoth P, but after a week the buildup in the reservoir looks like a scene out of Alien.

Your hydro grow is probably my top favorite to watch :thumb:

Question, what happened to the roots after mammoth p? Could you uh... share a photo with us fellow consumers of hydro additives :cheesygrinsmiley:
The roots shown in your res photos are beautiful, white, perfect!
I heard people that run sterile reservoirs get whities like you have, but adding benes to the res changes things??
I run aminoacid compounds in my res, but no benes. and if I don't drown them first, the roots stay pearly white.
I'm going to look up the Mammoth P to see more about this product.

V

Dude KCMP nice ass green leaves you got there, really pushing them girls to their limits. Oh and nice buds too haha! Dude awesome plants ! I would say you can at least go another 2-3 weeks right???

Should be about 2 weeks on the Blue God, 3 weeks on the Grape Stomper OG and Deadhead x Sourband, 4 weeks on the Amnesia Haze.

I am probably going to let the Blue God run an extra week so I can start the flush at the same time. That plant is primarily for my friends medical use and he likes a very sleepy medication.

The AH will just get a longer flush than the rest. Next round I will be only growing 1 strain in this system, and currently I think it will be the GS x OG. It looks absolutely fantastic and the buds are getting huge.

Your hydro grow is probably my top favorite to watch :thumb:

Question, what happened to the roots after mammoth p? Could you uh... share a photo with us fellow consumers of hydro additives :cheesygrinsmiley:
The roots shown in your res photos are beautiful, white, perfect!
I heard people that run sterile reservoirs get whities like you have, but adding benes to the res changes things??
I run aminoacid compounds in my res, but no benes. and if I don't drown them first, the roots stay pearly white.
I'm going to look up the Mammoth P to see more about this product.

V

Thanks for the compliments Vlad! :thanks:

I would take everything I say with a grain of salt, as this is my first hydro grow. I did do a lot of research first but the learning never ends and it is always possible everything I am doing is wrong. That being said the plants seem to disagree. ;)

I will try to get a good shot of the roots tomorrow, but they are not as pearly white as they were during veg when they were constantly breaking through the smartpots. I was not using the Mammoth P during veg so I attribute all of that great root growth to a good watering regimen and a healthy dose of Great White.

The current roots hanging out of the pot have a bit of brown sediment on them but it wipes off easily or if they are directly blasted with some water. I am not sure if it is some type of microbial living in there or just small amounts of coco sediment working its way through the pots.

The primary (manufacturer stated) goal of the Mammoth P is to increase phosphorus availability to the plants, which they always love during flower. I had issues with a P deficiency during my last grow and was drawn to the product after receiving a free sample. It is also made locally which is a nice plus.

Of course it also has the benefit of driving bad microbes out, just like all bennie products. I stopped using the GW after a few weeks into flower as I have read that mycorrhizae goes dormant when exposed to high levels of phosphates that are very common in the AN nute line.

I am interested in the amino acid stuff you were alluding to. I will have to bounce over to your grow and do some digging to find out!

the plant makes its own amino acids... but supplementing them can help during flowering and stress.

benes in the hydro res seems worth an experiment! you mentioned product goop accumulating in some areas. the last time I had the nutrients gunk up, they stuck to the roots and then started killing my plant! depends on your system my friend. Gunk happened to me in DWC, but ebb and flow is different game, now I'm doing drippers so I can't have any gunk stuff.

I would be happy to have you over to my journal. It just so happens to be starting, I dialed in a new system and am getting roots propagation as I type this. I am flipping to flower next week. custom nutrient blend and 400 ppm, going up to 800 next week.

Vlad

Looking very nice! Almost the same set up as mine, i want to introduce a flood table too and probably do handfeeding as needed since i run a hot soil i can just run straight water for the most part. I just did some research on that mammoth p and seems like just what i need, i have been having red stems due to p issues so that might help these plants uptake it to the point where they need it. I will def be keeping my eye on this! Stay green my friend :goodjob:

Quick Update Week 8

I will try to get some better photos and post a full update as soon as I change out the res. Short news is, I have hit week 8 and will be switching to flush mode.

Behold the glistening forest.
20160103_161841.jpg

Harvest in two weeks. I am pretty excited. Anyone want to take a guess on the yield? The scrog net is 4'x4'.

Looking very nice! Almost the same set up as mine, i want to introduce a flood table too and probably do handfeeding as needed since i run a hot soil i can just run straight water for the most part. I just did some research on that mammoth p and seems like just what i need, i have been having red stems due to p issues so that might help these plants uptake it to the point where they need it. I will def be keeping my eye on this! Stay green my friend :goodjob:

Definitely check out the mammoth P. It is a pretty cool product and I plan to keep using it.

Wow! Very nice, are you thinking about doing any back-building techniques? Those buds are going to be so big either way, AN is the way to go when it comes to controlling your PH :goodjob:

I did a bit of backbuilding on a few of the colas. So far I have not noticed that much of a difference, but I think I waited too long to make the cuts. I will have to try again a little earlier on my next round and see how it goes.

Week 8 Update

Okay everyone it has been about 48 hours since the flush began and other than a little bit of nute burn the plants are looking fantastic. Already starting to see some fall colors and I will be flushing all of them for around 10 days and 15 for the Amnesia Haze.

Full Scrog
20160107_171844.jpg

Amnesia Haze
20160107_171759.jpg
20160107_171748.jpg
20160107_171734.jpg

Blue God
20160107_171706.jpg
20160107_171649.jpg
20160107_171622.jpg
20160107_171604.jpg

Deadhead OG x Sourband
20160107_171414.jpg
20160107_171514.jpg

Grape Stomper OG
20160107_171340.jpg
20160107_171549.jpg
20160107_171532.jpg

20160107_171500.jpg

First Harvest will be Blue God and Grape Stomper OG on the 16th!

Here is a shot with a coffee cup to show off just how much these buds have swelled up in the last few weeks. Think I am still on track for > LB dry.

IMG_20160109_125216.jpg

This lady (Grapestomper OG) will probably be entering POTM here soon. I want to let her color up as much as possible first and get some photos with a better quality camera.

Got a friend to lend me his camera for some harvest shots over the next few weeks. Finally go a few good shots for a POTM entry with the Grape Stomper.

Grape_Stomper_OG_Cola.jpeg
Grape_Stomper_OG.jpeg

Can't wait to chop this one down on Saturday. She is so frosty just looking at her makes my mouth water.

Back
Top Bottom