KCMP Fall 2015 Grow! - All LED - Coco/Perlite - Ebb & Flow

:party:Harvest Update!:party:
Went ahead and harvested all of the ladies on Saturday with the exception of the Amnesia Haze. I am very happy with this harvest and included a few photos. All in all it took about 20 hours to trim everything up with the help of a few friends and now I am sticking my nose into the dry tent every few hours as the smell slowly changes from fresh cut grass to ganja joy.

20160116_143645.jpg
20160116_120538.jpg

Dry Tent I am currently keeping the tent at 65 - 70% RH (I know its high but my last harvest was dry in 5 days which was way to fast which made two plants turn out less than optimal) and right at 68 degrees. I am hoping for a full 7 day dry and then the buds will be jarred before the Haze moves to the dry tent.
20160117_000100.jpg

Blue God
20160115_214949.jpg
20160116_021530.jpg

DeadHead OG x Sourband
20160116_120538.jpg

Grape Stomper OG Really love the bud structure on this one. Did an extremely close trim and found tons of tiny foxtails everywhere.
20160116_165635.jpg
20160116_202607.jpg
20160116_142932.jpg

Tons of huge GS OG Colas.....
20160117_000110.jpg

Not the best color... But here is a shot of the root growth through the bottom of the smartpots. I think I am going to fill the flood table with hydroton next round to let them continue to grow out.
20160118_165016.jpg

Got Trichs? I think I nailed the harvest window perfectly. About 5% clear, 90% milky, 5% amber.
20160116_024345.jpg
20160116_024255.jpg

I will end the thread with final weights in about two weeks once everything has been jarred. That being said, I am extremely optimistic that I am going to hit my goal of 1LB. Here are the current estimated yields. These are calculations based on wet weight assuming an average weight loss of 80%. These numbers are premium bud only. All popcorn and sugar leaf has gone to the trim bins for future hash science. I have around 400g of trim which (if I don't mess up) should return around 30 - 40 grams of BHO.

Blue God - 3.5 oz
Deadhead x Sourband - 4.6 oz
Grape Stomper OG - 6.5 oz

That puts me at a rough 14.6 oz with 1 plant to go. I am guessing that the Amnesia will yield just around 4oz which should get be over the 1lb barrier.

That being said..... If I go with 4 GS x OG next round I could be looking at a possible 26 oz yield.... something to think about.

Keep on growin!

Ran the first batch of trim for Hash tonight. Forgot to weight it. I will when I clean the tube out tomorrow, but I am guessing it was around 80g.

And like Magic....

IMG_20160120_212542.jpg

2.72 grams of nice looking amber shatter. Hoping to get around 13g overall based on the amount of trim I have. Way less that I expected but I have only done this once before and realized I was calculating return wrong.

Damn that is some pretty shatter! Great work KCMP ! Just wanted to give you a shout out again on this wonderful grow. I have your journal bookmarked for future grows. I want to run a ebb & flow like you did some day. I'm just hand watering coco as off noe. Also great root growth friend !

Thanks Camo! I will certainly keep following your grow as well. Let me know if you want any tips or info on the ebb and flow setup, its really rather simple.

I dont know what shatter is but I want sum :drool:

Shatter is a certain consistency of BHO extract. Unfortunately that first round went great, the others.... not so much.

The Deadhead may have dried a little too fast so I may end up running that for BHO if I can get a proper vac chamber setup.

Late...but wow! Came here after seeing your PoTM entry. Looks like you are leading currently. Well deserved!
Congrats on your harvest! Love your setup. I used to do ebb flow and loved it.:goodjob:

Late...but wow! Came here after seeing your PoTM entry. Looks like you are leading currently. Well deserved!
Congrats on your harvest! Love your setup. I used to do ebb flow and loved it.:goodjob:

Thanks Stage! Your opinion definitely means alot. Do you have a current grow thread going I was trying to find one a few days ago.

I really do hope I can snag that POTM title. It is definitely going to be a close race with alot of awesome entries but I could sure use that grow light. (I am just glad I did not enter last month :bravo:) I have a bank out on one of the Apollos and 2 UV diodes out on another unit so there is some maintenance to be done before next round.

On that note anyone have any suggestions on what strain I should grow? Looking to start with clones since I need to be harvested before May when i head out of town for work.

Currently I am looking at:

Grape Stomper OG - Again
Purple Dream
Blueberry (DJ Short)
God Bud

Anyone have any experience with those strains? Ideally I would like I hybrid with high yield and a 8 - 9 week flowering period. Probably on the sativa side even though my list is very indica heavy.

I have a personal love affaire is Dj Shorts Blueberry, it was one of the first strains I grew plus its a great indo smoke.... Irk if that helps ya but that's my 2 cents homie. You got my vote for POTM tho :thumb:

I have a personal love affaire is Dj Shorts Blueberry, it was one of the first strains I grew plus its a great indo smoke.... Irk if that helps ya but that's my 2 cents homie. You got my vote for POTM tho :thumb:

Thanks for the love! How did that strain end up yielding I am shooting for at least 18oz dry next round. If I win that light I am going to aim for 2lbs. I think I can hit it with a high yielding strain and more attention.

Thanks for the love! How did that strain end up yielding I am shooting for at least 18oz dry next round. If I win that light I am going to aim for 2lbs. I think I can hit it with a high yielding strain and more attention.

Yield was a tad below average but it was grown outside, the area that I'm located isn't exactly the best for the strain, and it was 5 years ago so I was a true noob and a jit but the smoke was epic and worth the loss we took on overall weight, I would love to grow it indoors again.

Thanks Stage! Your opinion definitely means alot. Do you have a current grow thread going I was trying to find one a few days ago.

I really do hope I can snag that POTM title. It is definitely going to be a close race with alot of awesome entries but I could sure use that grow light. (I am just glad I did not enter last month :bravo:) I have a bank out on one of the Apollos and 2 UV diodes out on another unit so there is some maintenance to be done before next round.

On that note anyone have any suggestions on what strain I should grow? Looking to start with clones since I need to be harvested before May when i head out of town for work.

Currently I am looking at:

Grape Stomper OG - Again
Purple Dream
Blueberry (DJ Short)
God Bud

Anyone have any experience with those strains? Ideally I would like I hybrid with high yield and a 8 - 9 week flowering period. Probably on the sativa side even though my list is very indica heavy.

Yo KCMP. Sorry to say but no I don't have anything going atm.
I'll be sure to send you an invite when I do get going again.
I haven't yet received the Mars II 1200 yet....but I am excited to see what I can do with it.
I see currently you are tied in votes with the legendary Cola Monster...a multi contest winner.
I haven't voted yet but when I do....wink.
I got the feeling you are gonna have one of your own Mars II soon.

Yeah KCMP had my vote brother! Just an awesome grow. And thank you for the future advice. When I do get to setting up the ebb & flow system I will pm you or come here to ask away lol

When do you plan on starting your next grow ?

Hoping to start the next round by the end of the week as soon as i can get some good clones.

Anyone in Colorado have any good genetics? Just harvested so happy to trade.

Back
Top Bottom