How will I tell when to harvest? I do not have a microscope just a 30x glass so I can'nt see the trichomes close enough. I really appreciate the help.
You'll be harvesting as late as possible when the weather changes as you mentioned below:
My plant may not make harvestable stage due to the weather
This is thing about outside growing. You need to match the flowering time to your Fall climate. If you'e anywhere it gets cold early you will need to find short flowering varieties, almost always indicas. Breeders will list outside harvest times by month, so see if you can find ones that are late September or early October. Those will give you the best chance.
Is there a PM (private message) on this site? I case you want to ask someone a question directly?
There is. It's the envelope on the top of the page next to the bell with notifications.

Just talked to my cousin and he told me to stop sweeting the cold, he lives further north, and his plants have another week, so he is starting his flush. He said he has gotten some of his best weed much later in the year than this and colder. I still have hope and I am feeling better about my plant. The PM looks to be mostly gone. Dam I feel good. I am glad I talked to him, I have to see about getting him on this site as he has been growing for many years, he started me out with this plant a seedling. Next year I get to germinate my own plants and hopefully replace the seedling he gave me; I have my seeds and plan to trade some for different strains. I got Sour Deisel 16 seeds. Sativa again I need to grow an Indica plant also. It is great to have people that know what they are doing and willing to share their knowledge, someday I too will be able to help. I have a resume in at HEIKA trying to get a job in the cannabis industry, I am 62 retired and looking to go back to work doing what I love, I've got a lot to learn I will start sweeping the floors if I have too.

Glad to hear the PM is handled, and given how young your flowers look I'd wait as long as possible weather-wise before harvest.
I need 2 or 3 more weeks I will try to get new pics of the PM or lack of it. I am feeling better about my grow.

PM pictures

E52BCF20-FD70-49CA-B618-61C506395537.jpeg

CBBBD625-CA79-4F5D-9DAF-CA1AF541620E.jpeg

I need 2 or 3 more weeks I will try to get new pics of the PM or lack of it. I am feeling better about my grow.
Please tell me what you think about the PM I think it looks pretty good, if not I have the Citric Acid ready to go after the showers.

See this is why I read every topic I can, never had to deal with PM before but now I know, pick up some citric acid next time I pick up more mason jars for the garden lol
Do you have a journal started. if not start one you get so much help. The people here are great and always willing to help with questions.

Feeding/Watering Day
Advance Nutrients 1 Gallon water PH 7.0
Base
Micro 12 ml
Grow 12 ml
Bloom 12 ml
Bloom
Bud Candy 6 ml
Big Bud 6 ml
Rhino Skin 6 ml
Superthieve 2 ml
We have a nice sunny day, and it is about time. PM is still dead, Ding Dong the witch is dead. I will still keep my eye on it and if it comes back I will bast it with citric acid but for now the bitch is dead. It dipped into the high 40's last night and I'm not too worried about the cold anymore after speaking with my cousin about it. I am still in the game.

I am thinking next year I have to change my nutrients. AN are easy but I think feeding every time I water, which is every other day accept when it rains is too much. AN told me to do it this way but hey they also sell the nutrients. If anyone has any ideas. I am all ears.

This is my first journal and I will do my best at it.

CE03E606-BEB3-4D11-958C-835FEDA69235.jpeg

D0125180-8A2F-4BDE-BAC0-0AF3A12E95BE.jpeg

2D1F0D26-F74E-4E4B-9494-F81A40FE0C9D.jpeg

62C199C6-F01D-4C19-822C-11449A619C46.jpeg

0AFDC71C-AE85-49DA-9FCB-04D11EF99DA4.jpeg
If using bigbud it would be good to use overdrive for your last 2 weeks of flowering before you flush. Your plants look heathy so not gonna be a big deal but
I have mildew/mold and started vinegar and water spray and if that is not bad enough it rained all morning. I cannot have my plant go bad I have too much invested Time, Heart and soul I love this plant.
Well, it dipped into the 40's last night and I am not looking forward to looking at my plant. It is getting too cold and the dam rain. I will try and get some pictures of the mildew today, hopefully the vinegar will have put the mildew on hold. Can someone tell me if this is the right start for a journal.
Hey kieth one thing to help with the mold/ bud rot being in the mid north east. Im from ontario canada so we get alot of rain this time of year and u can use a tent as cover i used a beer tent this week because we have had around 20mm of water in last couple days.

I would do this on days of excessive rain or rain for multiple days in a row.

Over the past 2 years i experienced alot of bud rot do to the cold weather and rain ive seen alot less this year.

You can defoliate your plant to bring airflow into the middle of the plant which helps prevent bud rot aswell after big storms get out the leaf blower and stand back and dry off the plant.

These are just a few ways to prevent, part of the problem with bud rot is that it is almost impossible to reverse it you just need to cut off infected parts and hope for the best

Many nutes are feed every time, probably most. I think Fox Farms trio is twice a week though if you want to look into that. The other option is a top dress one like GeoFlora. And they're a sponsor here!

Here's their info thread:

If using bigbud it would be good to use overdrive for your last 2 weeks of flowering before you flush. Your plants look heathy so not gonna be a big deal but

Hey kieth one thing to help with the mold/ bud rot being in the mid north east. Im from ontario canada so we get alot of rain this time of year and u can use a tent as cover i used a beer tent this week because we have had around 20mm of water in last couple days.

Over the past 2 years i experienced alot of bud rot do to the cold weather and rain ive seen alot less this year.

You can defoliate your plant to bring airflow into the middle of the plant which helps prevent bud rot aswell after big storms get out the leaf blower and stand back and dry off the plant.

These are just a few ways to prevent, part of the problem with bud rot is that it is almost impossible to reverse it you just need to cut off infected parts and hope for the best
Hey Newb :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
I'm kinda North Central Ontario.
Are you in the south?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hey Newb :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
I'm kinda North Central Ontario.
Are you in the south?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
I am in the northeast USA. Western part of Massachusetts. I see you have been checking out my journal and for that I say Thanks I need all the help I can get.

I am in the northeast USA. Western part of Massachusetts. I see you have been checking out my journal and for that I say Thanks I need all the help I can get.
You should check out @StoneOtter's grow. He's in that area.

I have seen that, so I have to invest in a tent cover. We have been in a drought all summer but seen much rain this fall. Go figure. Veg stage was so easy, but flower is taking me to school. I appreciate all the help I am getting here. Have you looked at the indoor grows some of these guys are doing, it blows my mind. It's an art. These guys are doctors.

Back
Top Bottom