West Coast Diesel: First Grow Journal - Would Love Some Insight

Newbgrower16

Hey guys first grow journal been growing for few years or so and want to become more informed on my grow.

Week one of journal:

-Strains: west coast diesel, apple and bananas
-Pot size: 1 gallon
-prevoius pot size from transplant: 1 cup
-date of transplant may 20th
-growing medium: soil (happy frog)
-nutrients: as of now only a top dressing of miracle grow
-water schedule: 500ml every 3-4 days
-indoor or outdoor: outdoor
Stage of plant: aprox 1st-2nd week of veg
Ph level of water 6.75 aprox
Ph of soil run off: 6.43 aprox
Ppm level of run off of soil: 2500ppm aprox

Since transplant they have been pretty sad and been a week and haft with minimum growth

if i missed any crucial information please feel free that i can add for my journal entries moving forward.

84EE9BB4-830D-4BA8-B59C-CE6200498275.jpeg

Hi roy they might not have been watered enough from the initial transplant. As i just gave a nice spray of the soil after transplanting them out of their 1 cup clone pots. As the root base was so small i was worried on drowning the roots from the start.

It was a week of giving a couple every 2-3 days small watering of the 500ml once the soil dried out. Last night i gave them a good soak to see if it was possibly under-watered and try and rule that out . Aprox 3.5- 4L total for those 4 clones

The symptoms look like its been overwatered but i dont think i was. One possibility im trying to rule out is maybe im having drainage issues with those current pots. Since after the watering last night not much runoff was happening.

And yea personally i dont wanna be over 6.3 ph, ive read that foxfarm soil range on ph is 6.3-6.8. Its my first time using happy frog and foxfarm in general.

Appericate you stopping by and giving some advice.

Hope you have a good day

Hi roy they might not have been watered enough from the initial transplant. As i just gave a nice spray of the soil after transplanting them out of their 1 cup clone pots. As the root base was so small i was worried on drowning the roots from the start.

It was a week of giving a couple every 2-3 days small watering of the 500ml once the soil dried out. Last night i gave them a good soak to see if it was possibly under-watered and try and rule that out . Aprox 3.5- 4L total for those 4 clones

The symptoms look like its been overwatered but i dont think i was. One possibility im trying to rule out is maybe im having drainage issues with those current pots. Since after the watering last night not much runoff was happening.

And yea personally i dont wanna be over 6.3 ph, ive read that foxfarm soil range on ph is 6.3-6.8. Its my first time using happy frog and foxfarm in general.

Appericate you stopping by and giving some advice.

Hope you have a good day
It's not a drainage issue, the roots aren't down there yet and in a large pot of loose medium you will need to water like flood and drain, so that water is readily available to tender roots
They can only draw water from a few cubic inches of your pot at this stage, and probably very little nutrient if any

Ok thanks roy the clarification. Im up in ontario canada to so we had frost couple nights and i brought them which was a day or two after the transplant which might play into it. Just strange cuz me and my buddy got 8 of these clones and his took pretty nicely only difference is the medium and possibly the ph of his water.

Is he using Miracle grow also?
Yea good question I don’t even know how to use MG with cannabis tho I know it’s been done.
That was the biggest thing to stand out to me.
That and the look of underwatering now that you’ve given them enough water give them some time to use it.
They should bounce back in the process

Yea good question I don’t even know how to use MG with cannabis tho I know it’s been done.
That was the biggest thing to stand out to me.
That and the look of underwatering now that you’ve given them enough water give them some time to use it.
They should bounce back in the process
Sounds good will do il keep you guys updated in the process. In the past i went cheap on my soil medium so id add some MG into the soil as a base fertilizer. And tbh with the happy frog this year prob didnt even need a top dressing good thing was very minimum and was yesterday also so should have any effect on the state they been in

I am not familiar with MG but whatever you use you need to set up a feeding schedule if it is MG you are going to use follow the directions on the container. and do not feed more until you know how your plants react to it. Now that I went back and read your watering schedule you may need to water very other day not every three days. At least that is what I think. My 2 cents

Did the soil not have a couple of weeks food in it already? U usually just have to water for the first couple weeks? I can't see any yellowing so don't think they need feeding.

If you up potted from a solo cup was the soil in the new pot already watered before hand?

Was the plants already living outside whilst they was in a solo cup?? And was the clones rooted in the solo cup or was it rooted in a cube then solo cup?

Did the soil not have a couple of weeks food in it already? U usually just have to water for the first couple weeks? I can't see any yellowing so don't think they need feeding.

If you up potted from a solo cup was the soil in the new pot already watered before hand?

Was the plants already living outside whilst they was in a solo cup?? And was the clones rooted in the solo cup or was it rooted in a cube then solo cup?
I am glad you came along. I was getting out of my comfort zone.

Hi greenvien

Yea happy frog has couple weeks of feed in it prob wasnt the best call for the top dress i was kinda just spiraled into just giving it a light top dressing.

As for the solo cup i gave it a quick mist before transplanting but deff wasnt fully wet before transplanting.

I bought the clones when it was kept in a greenhouse so i figured since where im located they were cut off a mother indoor and eventually brought out to the greenhouse.

As for being cubed first that i couldnt tell you off the top of my head i would think not because i didnt see the cube at the base and usually you notice if it is or isnt

Appreciate you stopping in and giving some insight helps alot

water schedule: 500ml every 3-4 days
Two things I can see.

First you shouldn't be watering on a schedule, but rather when the plants need it. Once they dry out, which you determine by lifting the pot and being surprised at how light it is, only  then do you give it more and then really soak the pot.

Second, if it was being grown in a greenhouse, did you harden it off by gradually exposing it to the outside environment, or just put it out in one go?

If the latter, try putting it in the shade for a day or two and sheltered from the wind to help if you can't more gradually accustom it to the environment. Given the health of the plants in you pics, I'll bet this is the issue. A greenhouse environment is a very low stress one for plants, whereas outside there's wind, brighter light, etc. More stress so the plants need some time to adapt.

Emilya has a great thread on How to water a potted plant which is long, but worth the read.

Or, skip the learning curve altogether and come join us in #SIP Club where you'll get healthier, happier, and  bigger plants because you get perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself.

As for the solo cup i gave it a quick mist before transplanting but deff wasnt fully wet before transplanting.
Sorry bud i ment the new pot, I would have let the solo cup get quite dry for water.. I ment it's new home.. so fully saturate the new home a day before, dig a whole in and put your almost dry plant in, cover over with soil then water lightly again.. that's it let her do her thing untill she's light or asking for water usually a week or so.
I think azimuth got u on the environment. Give her some time she bro she looks healthy just a little down 👍🏽

Back
Top Bottom