West Coast Diesel: First Grow Journal - Would Love Some Insight

Sorry bud i ment the new pot, I would have let the solo cup get quite dry for water.. I ment it's new home.. so fully saturate the new home a day before, dig a whole in and put your almost dry plant in, cover over with soil then water lightly again.. that's it let her do her thing untill she's light or asking for water usually a week or so.
I think azimuth got u on the environment. Give her some time she bro she looks healthy just a little down 👍🏽
Yup green thats what i meant to i got what you were saying about the new pot and i gave it a little mist but prob was to dry and didnt give it a good soak after it was transplanted. Couple of them after that recent soak 2 days ago are perching up more👍

Emilya has a great thread on How to water a potted plant which is long, but worth the read.

Or, skip the learning curve altogether and come join us in #SIP Club where you'll get healthier, happier, and  bigger plants because you get perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself.
Thank you will definitely check it out

Mid week Update: looks like few of the clones are bouncing back after the soak on Sunday evening.

Ones of the left ended up drying out by last night with all the heat and gave them another soak and watered the other two this morning.

Will keep you guys posted

7BE0ACD9-21E0-437B-8B7B-1AE202528F87.jpeg

0C9E8087-D57F-4BAA-A37E-F00387B9FBEA.jpeg

Nice new grow Newbgrower16, maybe more warm weather will bring their growth up to pr again. Cold slows things down. What have you been running for day/night temps?
The week before was getting down to about 5-9 degrees C was bringing them inside every night which could been stressing them out to.

Few of them seem to be doing better after the previous soak i gave them

Two things I can see.

First you shouldn't be watering on a schedule, but rather when the plants need it. Once they dry out, which you determine by lifting the pot and being surprised at how light it is, only  then do you give it more and then really soak the pot.

Second, if it was being grown in a greenhouse, did you harden it off by gradually exposing it to the outside environment, or just put it out in one go?

If the latter, try putting it in the shade for a day or two and sheltered from the wind to help if you can't more gradually accustom it to the environment. Given the health of the plants in you pics, I'll bet this is the issue. A greenhouse environment is a very low stress one for plants, whereas outside there's wind, brighter light, etc. More stress so the plants need some time to adapt.
Some great advice no they were brought right outside after i picked them up from the greenhouse. Which is good to know for the future.

I will also put the one thats still sad somewhere more with shade and see if it reacts better the other 3 seem like they have taken the soak well and are bouncing back 👍

Morning yall almost the weekend hope everyones garden is going smoothly. Morning pic update.

2 of the west coast diesels have fully bounced back and look like they are starting to thrive. Still got that one sad one but hoping it will bounce back within the next week.

Going to start getting ready to prep for my final transplant for this weekend or next weekend depending on how boxed out the roots are.

Planning on putting the west coast diesels in 65 gallon smart pots and my peanutbutter haze into a 100 gallon

If anyone has any recommendations please feel free to chime in

B8487142-1A84-4785-9440-753436DA7943.jpeg

5FA26240-7DF8-46F7-B15F-4C85A782DD0A.jpeg

Morning yall almost the weekend hope everyones garden is going smoothly. Morning pic update.

2 of the west coast diesels have fully bounced back and look like they are starting to thrive. Still got that one sad one but hoping it will bounce back within the next week.

Going to start getting ready to prep for my final transplant for this weekend or next weekend depending on how boxed out the roots are.

Planning on putting the west coast diesels in 65 gallon smart pots and my peanutbutter haze into a 100 gallon

If anyone has any recommendations please feel free to chime in

B8487142-1A84-4785-9440-753436DA7943.jpeg

5FA26240-7DF8-46F7-B15F-4C85A782DD0A.jpeg

Looking great bro glad their perking back up.. if they are photos growning outdoors you have plenty of time? No need to rush 👍🏽✌🏽

Looking great bro glad their perking back up.. if they are photos growning outdoors you have plenty of time? No need to rush 👍🏽✌🏽
Thanks bro and yup there photos my big one on the left (peanut butter haze) is looking like it is gonna wanna a nice feeding soon which i plan to make some supersoil with ocean forest as the base so should be good for a month or so once transplanted before needing to feed it additional nutrients

Thanks bro and yup there photos my big one on the left (peanut butter haze) is looking like it is gonna wanna a nice feeding soon which i plan to make some supersoil with ocean forest as the base so should be good for a month or so once transplanted before needing to feed it additional nutrients
Yeah she's looking Hella healthy man looking forward to see how big she gets! Will you be using any sort of Training on them? To keep them under control? Lol I'm a indoor grower so would probably do alot of unnecessary training lol.

Yeah she's looking Hella healthy man looking forward to see how big she gets! Will you be using any sort of Training on them? To keep them under control? Lol I'm a indoor grower so would probably do alot of unnecessary training lol.
Hey greenvein

Thanks yea got her when she was pretty big already. As for training yup i will be training all of them using the utility fence (cage) aswell as tying down. Once they reach around 4 feet gonna put the trellis nets on aswell.

Weekend update week 1: hope everyone is having good weekend. The west coast diesel’s have all bounced back and are drinking water like crazy been watered every other day with all the heat thats happened this week.

The apples and bananas is still struggling little bit but is still hanging in there. Im only keeping 3 so think i may let that one go but well see how it does in the mean time.

Gonna make another post on what i am going to be feeding throughout the season tomorrow.

D10D305E-2B51-4646-891A-A4D66BD713C2.jpeg

0E5928EB-6FA9-43E7-AD46-5F6C2E5BB42B.jpeg

E47B2D1C-39FB-4817-94AF-332BB78CE491.jpeg

E67E58B1-5610-4B33-8735-8C475D748442.jpeg

83696E61-3681-4611-AFC4-4DC061919A04.jpeg

Good morning everyone hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Just an update on what i am going to be feeding my plants with this season. Going to be trying out some new nutrients this season and see how it goes.

Greenrush Grow: will be used as my base nutrients throughout the veg stage every other week.

Extreme gardening Azos and Mykos: will be used for next transplant

Azos will be added once a week for 2-3 weeks after next transplant

Pure crop: will be used for my foliage spraying to combat bugs.

Might add into the mix is silica but as of right now this is what im gonna be going with for this season.

If anyone got any comments or concerns feel free to share them.

image.jpg

Week 2 update: good afternoon fellow growers. Looks like this week gonna have some cooler weather which will be nice for the clones.

West coasts are looking good little perched down but nothing to alarming.

As for the apples and bananas still looking like its trying to find its happy place but definitely starting to fall behind.

Getting ready to prep for my final transplant of the year into their final pots.

Ended up going with with smart pots this season which is a first in the past ive gone in the ground so im excited for the difference in results.

Beginning to prep for my soil medium for these final pots as im planning on going no till method and reusing my soil the following year.

Smart pot sizes:
3-65 gallon
1-100 gallon

Soil medium base : FFOF

I do have some questions regarding being able to mix in some compost i have aswell if i am able to stretch out the FFOF by adding a cheaper soil as a filler if that is an option.

For one of the soils i am thinking for example is BM1 which is a nutrient holding soil to be used a a filler into my base mix of FFOF

If anyone has any insight on being able to mix FFOF with a another soil that would greatly appreciated.

43035274-F12A-4451-A86A-25B7A7D578F5.jpeg

If they are both decent soil bases it should be fine just mix it well. And the word compost? You know what it's made of and what's in it? I grew completely with compost and it worked out great but in soil I'd top dress with the stuff I had tops.

If they are both decent soil bases it should be fine just mix it well. And the word compost? You know what it's made of and what's in it? I grew completely with compost and it worked out great but in soil I'd top dress with the stuff I had tops.
Just some local stuff from my township so be safe to say its vegetable compost rather than a manure based compost.

Mostly using it for a form of filler was gonna add worm casting to it but spoke with foxfarm and they mentioned by adding worm castings to the compost with FFOF may make it to hot.

As of now may add some manure to the compost but mostly worried/ interested about stretching out the FFOF

Back
Top Bottom