Kekoa's First Grow Journal - DWC/GSC

Kekoa Kai

Aloha!

Welcome to my first ever journal and first attempt to growing! After many weeks of reading completed journals and gathering data I decided I wanted to go with a DWC setup. I also had a budget in mind to keep this project as low cost as possible.

The most expensive items so far have been the tent I grow in (Milliard, 2x4x5.5) and the nutrients (Fox Farm). I also picked up some TaoTronics LED E27 bulbs to start out with. I plan on moving up to a Mars II later once I get some experience under my belt.

I'm excited to have any input from the community! I'll waste your time later with telling you more about me, which I'm sure you'll get a taste of that throughout this journal.

What strain is it? Girl Scout Cookies (bag seed)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 32
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor / Tent
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
Size of light? E27 bulb, TaoTronics
Temp of Tent? 80f
Humidity of Tent? 65-80%
PH of media or res? Start at 5.8, res change at 7.1
Any Pests? No
How often are you watering? 1 gal a week top-off
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm Hydro, as per instructions

Without any more wait, on with the grow!

The following pictures of are from: Day 1 to Day 29 (veg):

9/25 (Day 1)
IMAG006120.jpg

10/3 (Day 8)
IMAG011617.jpg

10/3 (Day 8)
IMG_179217.JPG

10/3 (Day 8 / TaoTronics LED)
IMG_179419.JPG

10/9 (Day 14)
IMAG0133_1_1.jpg

10/13 (Day 18)
IMAG0178_1_.jpg

10/15 (Day 20)
IMAG0187_1_.jpg

10/20 (Day 25 / Under Growth)
IMAG0203_1_.jpg

10/20 (Day 25)
IMAG0205_1_.jpg

10/24 (Day 29)
IMAG0293_1_.jpg

10/26 (Day 31)
IMAG0304_1_.jpg

Sorry for the massive resolution on the pictures! I'll make sure to re-size my future images. As you can see, the plant went through some nutrient shock after the transplant to the DWC. It took a few days to pick back up but it got back up an running quickly.

The plant has been fed by directly adding nutes to the water and topping off with fresh water as per the instructions with Fox Farm. The bucket medium has been changed out twice now and according to Fox Farm it's getting close to flush the plant, switch to flowering (12/12) and up the nutes.

My first question...
I feel like based off other grows I've seen, my plant is smaller than it should be at this date. What are your thoughts? Light too far? Looks right, looks puny - whatdayathink?

Again, thank you for visiting and sharing your opinion or knowledge! Hope all is well with you and yours!

~Aloha~

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom