Kitchenhawk's Perpetual Grow Log

Man you have all sorts going on over here. I typically have about 24 plants going at once +/- a couple and that can get out of hand at times. What do you typically look for to determine your keepers?
Bag appeal and Terps mainly. My Pug keeper had best trich coverage, bud density, and has a slight fruit undertone. It was the only one with any fruit out of 5 females, and I like fruit Terps, so it was an easy pick. Also I like them to veg relatively quick. I dropped my dead ringer OGKB pug just, because the veg was as slow as they say, and "Ain't nobody got time for that" I know bud density is really kindness of pointless, but I guess I just like the look of rocky indica buds more than foxtaily sativa buds.( is that a word foxtaily?". The Tangie I am probably only gonna take Terps into account, because I have seen a lot of foxtailed sativa looking buds(rightly so, seeing as she is mainly sativa), but I want to experiment with making some orange crosses and I plan on putting it with dense stuff, so hopefully I can make what I am looking for. Or not, but either way it's gonna be fun trying.

Bag appeal and Terps mainly. My Pug keeper had best trich coverage, bud density, and has a slight fruit undertone. It was the only one with any fruit out of 5 females, and I like fruit Terps, so it was an easy pick. Also I like them to veg relatively quick. I dropped my dead ringer OGKB pug just, because the veg was as slow as they say, and "Ain't nobody got time for that" I know bud density is really kindness of pointless, but I guess I just like the look of rocky indica buds more than foxtaily sativa buds.( is that a word foxtaily?". The Tangie I am probably only gonna take Terps into account, because I have seen a lot of foxtailed sativa looking buds(rightly so, seeing as she is mainly sativa), but I want to experiment with making some orange crosses and I plan on putting it with dense stuff, so hopefully I can make what I am looking for. Or not, but either way it's gonna be fun trying.
I dig dense, fruity, trich covered buds. I also really dig fuel. i am looking for a killer dense frosty fuel strain. I have had a couple with the right scent but the bud structure was off. I am not a huge fan of slow veg times either. I had a very nice sour strawberry that I let go due to how slowly it vegged. I had a very nice plant my last go around that yielded well but it was still too slow moving for me. It also was not colorful like I was looking for. I have a star pupil that is taking forever to veg. I am hoping it is solid purple but if her clones do not move faster than her then I may have to drop her from the rotation and start another from seed.

I dig dense, fruity, trich covered buds. I also really dig fuel. i am looking for a killer dense frosty fuel strain. I have had a couple with the right scent but the bud structure was off. I am not a huge fan of slow veg times either. I had a very nice sour strawberry that I let go due to how slowly it vegged. I had a very nice plant my last go around that yielded well but it was still too slow moving for me. It also was not colorful like I was looking for. I have a star pupil that is taking forever to veg. I am hoping it is solid purple but if her clones do not move faster than her then I may have to drop her from the rotation and start another from seed.
Fruit is not the dominant terp in my Pugsbreath it just has some in it. It is definitely one of the stankiest flowers I have run. Has menthol, OG, lavender, fruit, and some fuel in it. Very complex aroma. I broke a nug up in my moms bathroom at Thanksgiving so I could go smoke outside. 30 minutes later she went in her bathroom and thought I smoked in her bathroom it stunk so bad. Today my wife thought I was smoking in the kitchen when I opened a jar to give some weed to my dad.( I do all my smoking in my man cave). She said she was about to come ask why we were smoking out the kitchen until she heard the jar. :D

Went to water the Raspberry Mumma x Purple Pure Gooey today, and I am 98% sure I found my keeper already. #6. This plant every time I moved it in Veg I got a stank off it. And went to smell it today only 3 weeks in and it's like sweet Raspberry Lemonade, Pungent. The other 5 nothing. I talked to HeavyDaze the creator awhile back, and he told me 2-3 out of 10 are duds, but 2 or 3 will be amazing. He also told me the amazing ones are Raspberry leaning, and look for those.... Found it.... HeavyDaze runs the Potcast. You should listen to some if you have not had the chance. He does 2-3 hour interviews with great breeders. Duke Diamond, Mr. Soul, Bohdi, Maddfarmer, to name a few. Check em out. Lots to learn. Just Google the potcast, they are on soundcloud and I think he might be doing some on YouTube now or in the future. I just listen though. Peace.

Fruit is not the dominant terp in my Pugsbreath it just has some in it. It is definitely one of the stankiest flowers I have run. Has menthol, OG, lavender, fruit, and some fuel in it. Very complex aroma. I broke a nug up in my moms bathroom at Thanksgiving so I could go smoke outside. 30 minutes later she went in her bathroom and thought I smoked in her bathroom it stunk so bad. Today my wife thought I was smoking in the kitchen when I opened a jar to give some weed to my dad.( I do all my smoking in my man cave). She said she was about to come ask why we were smoking out the kitchen until she heard the jar. :D
That sounds fantastic. I love stinky bud that fills a room with just a small nug. I have been looking for East Coast Sour Diesel forever. It is sour fuel dankness. When I could get it, having the smallest amount on you alerted everyone to the fact you had fir weed on your person. The smoke was super thick and expansive and even small hits would fill your lungs to capacity. It tasted as good as it smelt and lingered on the tongue. I have looked for it for years but most people with cuts wont let them go. I have seen few things that stink the same. The only other thing was a strain a buddies dad grew that he got from humboldt county. We think it was humboldt county orange bud but he would never say what it was for sure.

That sounds fantastic. I love stinky bud that fills a room with just a small nug. I have been looking for East Coast Sour Diesel forever. It is sour fuel dankness. When I could get it, having the smallest amount on you alerted everyone to the fact you had fir weed on your person. The smoke was super thick and expansive and even small hits would fill your lungs to capacity. It tasted as good as it smelt and lingered on the tongue. I have looked for it for years but most people with cuts wont let them go. I have seen few things that stink the same. The only other thing was a strain a buddies dad grew that he got from humboldt county. We think it was humboldt county orange bud but he would never say what it was for sure.
I have never had any Sour D unfortunately. Sounds really nice. I have a pack of Moonrunner that is a Sour D IBL male x Sonoma Grape that I need to grow out sometime soon.

Bad News...... I was doing some transplanting and had my clones in solo cups on the floor outside of my veg tent. I bagged up some trim in gallon freezer bags and threw them on top of the veg tent yesterday morning.(I store stuff on top of my veg tent, because I am out of space). Well I threw them on top of some Mason jars laying on their sides....well one of those trim bags slid off the side fell about 8ft. And snapped the neck of my #10 Bopgun. I would not of been so butthurt if #10 was not one of my favorite 3 right now. Stacking and smelling like fruity candy. I was very upset for about 1 minute. Then I opened my flower tent and took a clone from number 10's lower branches at 25 days flower. So now I have a little bud in a root riot plug. :goodluck:. If this fails good news is #3 looks to be the same pheno.

Went back to the Raspberry Mumma x PPG, and #6 was pure pungent Raspberry candy. Quite possibly the best smelling flowers I have come across. If I can get that smell to come through in taste this will be divine. I did a smell test with my wife. Told her find the Raspberry. It was the fourth one she came to. She stopped, grabbed a second branch, and said it's this 1 right here. She still smelled the last 2 and then pointed back to the correct one. I killed clones 1-5. The hunt is done on that pack. Easy kill. I am afraid these bopguns and blazing blues won't be as easy. Probably gonna have to keep several alive all the way past the cure smoke test stage. No stand outs yet. In the mean time I am about to turn #6 In to a mom and take 5 or 6 clones to run. I need some Raspberry filled jars by Christmas.

Bad News...... I was doing some transplanting and had my clones in solo cups on the floor outside of my veg tent. I bagged up some trim in gallon freezer bags and threw them on top of the veg tent yesterday morning.(I store stuff on top of my veg tent, because I am out of space). Well I threw them on top of some Mason jars laying on their sides....well one of those trim bags slid off the side fell about 8ft. And snapped the neck of my #10 Bopgun. I would not of been so butthurt if #10 was not one of my favorite 3 right now. Stacking and smelling like fruity candy. I was very upset for about 1 minute. Then I opened my flower tent and took a clone from number 10's lower branches at 25 days flower. So now I have a little bud in a root riot plug. :goodluck:. If this fails good news is #3 looks to be the same pheno.
Damn! That's a fucking bummer.:rip:

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom