Kitchenhawk's Perpetual Grow Log

UPDATE: Pamelina's and Mandarin Cookies got tranplanted to 2.5 gallon pots. Tangie 1-10 all looking good so far. I am taking Bopgun 2,3, and 10 (if it roots) to the next round. 8 of the 10 are stacking, and they all have a slight tropical fruity smell that reminds me of Apollo 11 or C99. The 3 Bopgun I decided to continue with were chosen mainly, because they were only medium stretchers, and stack nicely. (Some went a few inches under my lights.) None are standing out as far as more frosty or terpy, so I am picking based on growth and potential yield for now on this one. My little raspberry plant is the terpiest one so far this hunt, and it's a tiny little plant. My plan is to be able to take multiple clones from my Tangies and the Raspberry #6 in 4-5 weeks, sex the Tangies in my 2x2, and then run however many Tangies and my Raspberry #6 to get to my 15 plants for the 5x5. Then I will have run everything in the big tent. Also culled Blazing Blues #2. It had less smell and less Trich coverage than the other 4. So of the 21 plants in flower we are down to 8 clones still standing. Hopefully I can narrow down a few Blazing Blues in a week or 2. I also included a few pics of how I make training wire and stick directly in the soil rather than tie to the pot. Not sure if anybody else does it this way. I have not seen it. I have hundreds of these pre made in different lengths for different sized pots. Making them is a little time consuming, but super fast and easy to adjust training once you get past the front end work.

Some nice frost on those Bop Guns. There are a few people that train with wire stuck into soil. I use pipe cleaners after having @Duggan suggest it. @Stage also seems to use lengths of metal stuck into the soil to do his training. One of the issues I had in the past with training in veg was tying to the pot or using binder clips around the rim to tie to. It is fine while in that pot but once I would transplant it could be a real pain.

Some nice frost on those Bop Guns. There are a few people that train with wire stuck into soil. I use pipe cleaners after having @Duggan suggest it. @Stage also seems to use lengths of metal stuck into the soil to do his training. One of the issues I had in the past with training in veg was tying to the pot or using binder clips around the rim to tie to. It is fine while in that pot but once I would transplant it could be a real pain.
Thanks. Yeah I figured someone had to be doing it. Nothing is original. I just had not seen it. Tying to the side does not work for me, because as you can see I cram my square pots next to eachother.

Thanks. Yeah I figured someone had to be doing it. Nothing is original. I just had not seen it. Tying to the side does not work for me, because as you can see I cram my square pots next to eachother.
Yeah I am impressed with how many plants you get into your space. Are you always hunting through seeds to find your next keeper? Do you ever do runs with less big plants or do you always just do more small plants crammed into your space?

I have done less big plants. I have done 9 northern lights in 5 gallon pots and got 34 oz. (Which is one of my biggest harvests). Thing is they have to be plants I know will stay compact, and most these pollihybrid F1's in my collection have short and tall pheno's, plus I like stretch indicas with OG, and cookie genetics. I have short ceilings and if I put those in 5 gallon pots they will go past my roof. I also like being able to run more varieties. I had 9 or 10 cuts I was running for a few years, and something happened and I thought I was gonna have to stop growing for about 6 months. I let all my cuts go, but the pugsbreath(Serena), and then things changed and I did not have to take the break I thought I was taking. Fast forward and that's how we got to the Pugsbreath monocrop y'all saw. And now this freestyle popfest. I usually only pop 1 pack twice a year or so. I have already popped 50 beans this hunt. But once it's done I should have 5 or 6 good cuts to run and maybe do a little trading with, and I will be right back to were I was.

I have done less big plants. I have done 9 northern lights in 5 gallon pots and got 34 oz. (Which is one of my biggest harvests). Thing is they have to be plants I know will stay compact, and most these pollihybrid F1's in my collection have short and tall pheno's, plus I like stretch indicas with OG, and cookie genetics. I have short ceilings and if I put those in 5 gallon pots they will go past my roof. I also like being able to run more varieties. I had 9 or 10 cuts I was running for a few years, and something happened and I thought I was gonna have to stop growing for about 6 months. I let all my cuts go, but the pugsbreath(Serena), and then things changed and I did not have to take the break I thought I was taking. Fast forward and that's how we got to the Pugsbreath monocrop y'all saw. And now this freestyle popfest. I usually only pop 1 pack twice a year or so. I have already popped 50 beans this hunt. But once it's done I should have 5 or 6 good cuts to run and maybe do a little trading with, and I will be right back to were I was.
I feel you there man. Sucks you let most of your cuts go when you did not need to. It is good that you are working through some beans though. It is good you know your set up well enough to know what your limitations are so you can stay within them. I sometimes let things get way too big the first time I run them and then they end up way over growing the area they were supposed to be in. Other times I get plants that put out next to nothing because they don't stretch at all for me when I had anticipated they would. What did you let go of when you thought you were going to be shutting down?

I feel you there man. Sucks you let most of your cuts go when you did not need to. It is good that you are working through some beans though. It is good you know your set up well enough to know what your limitations are so you can stay within them. I sometimes let things get way too big the first time I run them and then they end up way over growing the area they were supposed to be in. Other times I get plants that put out next to nothing because they don't stretch at all for me when I had anticipated they would. What did you let go of when you thought you were going to be shutting down?
Yeti I swear you and I are a carbon copy of our methods and struggles with the number of strains we run. The shear variety and trying to keep a perpetual going without letting them get too big or flowering them too small with little to no stretch.

Yeti I swear you and I are a carbon copy of our methods and struggles with the number of strains we run. The shear variety and trying to keep a perpetual going without letting them get too big or flowering them too small with little to no stretch.
You arent a bad person to be a carbon copy of! It is crazy trying to run through everything I have amassed. I do not run quite the variety of sativas you do though. Mostly though it is because I cant keep them healthy that long and I amyet to get any that weren't really whispy. Other than my Shackzilla that is. You and everyone else has made panama sound really appealing. One of these days I will pop my Panamagoo to see what i can find in there!

It is a struggle trying to get the timing right with a perpetual. Especially with a variety of strains being in the ,ix. I can see why people monocrop and I have considered only running 1 to 3 strains to try and make it more manageable. Then I laugh at myself because I can never grow that few varieties when I have the ability to run more. We just need to get everyone on here to move to one state and start a massive collective :rofl:

Bopgun #10 clone taken 25 days in to flower showing roots after 7 days. My faves are 2,3, and 10, so really want her to pull through. She has a chance for the title belt. I have been telling her to fight and looks like she listened. :cheer::slide:

Back
Top Bottom