Kitchenhawk's Perpetual Grow Log

Did the neem dip on my plants. I think I should of stirred the bucket more constantly, because some of my plants look ok, but some are badly fried. Leaves crispy and black. It looks like they will probably recover in a couple weeks. Either way I am shutting this journal down. Probably will start a new one in a month or so when things are better. :peace:

Did the neem dip on my plants. I think I should of stirred the bucket more constantly, because some of my plants look ok, but some are badly fried. Leaves crispy and black. It looks like they will probably recover in a couple weeks. Either way I am shutting this journal down. Probably will start a new one in a month or so when things are better. :peace:

Did you heed the warning of NOT putting them back directly under the lights for at least 24 hours? The dip can fry them if you don't let them set and rest in indirect light for a bit.

Did you heed the warning of NOT putting them back directly under the lights for at least 24 hours? The dip can fry them if you don't let them set and rest in indirect light for a bit.
No. Unfortunately I did not. I waited 3 or 4 hours, they looked dry, and I put them in the tent. The side of the bottle did not day wait 24 hours, so I was like ah Van does not know. Lol. It pays to listen to your OG's haha. Yeah lesson learned. Lost some clones I had collected as the price. My big plants are putting out new growth now. Just cut all the fried leaves off. In 2-3 weeks they should look good as new. Good news is spider mites are gone. Lol my fault completely. I should of followed instructions!

The good news is that they will pull through it. Hell the BCP is the one that I literally burned the shit out of from doing that......lesson learned......and she pulled through fine, just takes a while for them to grow out of it. If you do the dip, keep them in indirect light for 24 hours, AND you keep the bucket stirred up.....she won't even show any signs of fying.

One thing I want to try the next time I am showing any signs of pests, is to dip it, let it set for 24 hours in indirect light, and then dip once again in plain water to wash any residue off. I am curious if that will eliminate any frying of the plant.

The method works great, but it will fry the hell out of some leaves if you don't let it rest a good bit before putting them back in there.

Back
Top Bottom