KJs Second Indoor Grow: Sour D Auto & Two Photos

845Kingjames

Hi all! Welcome to my grow journal! This will be my second grow ever. I beleive i have alot more knowledge of the plants and how they grow. I want to thank everyone on this site for everything i have learned. Lets jump into it shall we?

Strains: 4 Sour Diesel Auto flowers in 2 gallon fabric pots
Strain#2/3: 1 Amensia Haze 1 Bubble gum both fem photos in 3 gallon fabric pots

Soil: Fox farms HF top half FFOF bottom half 20% perlite added
How i germinated: right in the pots, under lights with dynomyco around and below the seeds.

Lighting: 18/6 with two Viparspectra p1000

Growing in my half bathroom off my bedroom stays 70 In the house this time of year.

My plans for this grow will include letting all the plants go on the same 18/6 schedule untill the autos are done. During this period with the haze and the bubble gum i will be topping and training them heavy for 8 weeks i plan to keep them in veg, as the autos have a 10 week seed to harvest time. 2 weeks before the sours are about done i will attempt to make 3 clones each of the two photos, allow them to grow,veg them 1/2 weeks then flip everything to 12/12. I hope it all works out. Below are pics and the dates that they first popped threw soil; wish me luck and happy growing! Feel free to tag along!

-KJ

BD89B8FA-D74D-496A-A73D-283FE5229022.jpeg

D325017A-2E12-472C-84DF-B2727D05AEAD.jpeg

C731BEF2-4CFA-4819-A236-BFB08C88016E.jpeg

991F0734-9022-42E4-8970-E21E686DE935.jpeg

Sweet start you have here! I just came from reading your first journal, awesome results for sure. I'm excited to see how this grow goes for you! I just started germing some white widow photos a few days ago so I'm maybe a week behind you, but also growing in FFHF and FFOF in 20% perlite exactly as you are in a 3 gal pot. I'll definitely be following along on this one!

Was there any particular reason you seeded directly into their final pot?

Sweet start you have here! I just came from reading your first journal, awesome results for sure. I'm excited to see how this grow goes for you! I just started germing some white widow photos a few days ago so I'm maybe a week behind you, but also growing in FFHF and FFOF in 20% perlite exactly as you are in a 3 gal pot. I'll definitely be following along on this one!

Was there any particular reason you seeded directly into their final pot?
Nice to have you following! The reason why i planted into there final pots was because (1) idk if its true or not but autos dont like to be transplant; (2) i tried to do the paper towel method in a Tuperwear containter with a "seedling" heat mat under it with no succsess with 2 sour seeds, at that point i had to take a step back and think what i did with the first grow and was like okay ill just try this and boom it worked lol. Theres no saying for sure if the two photos will be in there last pot or if theyll go to a 5 gall later on depending on a couple diffrent factors.

Ah right on! That just goes to show how different growing these plants can be. I actually started two seeds a few weeks ago in jiffy pellets and kept them on a seedling mat in a seedling dome, and neither germinated. I'm dealing with 2 year old seed, so that could be a factor. Went to the paper towel method (with 24 hour soak in plain water first) and am seeing success in a couple days.

I don't have experience with autos but I'd assume they're similar to photo at least in seedling stage in that the roots are looking to grow, and grow big. Transplanting directly helps the roots continuously seek moisture and grow. Check out Emilya's explanation on it, under the heading "Why do we up-pot?". Did you presoak your seeds before putting them in paper towels? That could explain why it didn't work for you the first time. But hey, they're up, look healthy (in my noob eyes) so it works!

Ive read all her stuff : ). The only diff i know of with the autos is there on a time clock the moment they pop there tails out of the shell, its not advised to up pot them as if they get "transplant shock" it can stunt growth and they dont have as much time to recover as a photo would. I didnt pre soaked the seeds when i attempted my first germination so that could of very well affected them.

Yeah that definitely makes sense, thanks for explaining that! Do you plan on training them at all?
I have no plans on doing much to the autos maybe some lst before they start to flower, but this will be my second grow and my first with autos so I don’t want to do much to disturb or stunt them. The photos tho I got some plannnsssss for them lol .

I do quadlining and top seedlings between the 4th and 5th node, leaving a decent stump behind which can help prevent the stem from splitting later on. Then I remove the 1st and 2nd nodes and train the four branches from nodes 3 and 4 out the the four corners of the pot.

Link in my signature if you want to see the detail from the originator.

Yeah you should decide what type of training you're wanting to go for. I'm personally going to try quadlining when it's time because I'm used to the mainline or manifold method so quad is the same, just not vegging for as long. Here's your pic though and I numbered the nodes.

noted.jpeg

Check out the #quadlining link in Azimuth's sig and it'll show you how to do it. If this were my plant, and I was quadlining, I'd wait until the 6th node is showing then top it above node 4, leaving a bit of a stump like Azi said. After topping give her 2 days or so then clean off the bottom 2 nodes.

After topping give her 2 days or so then clean off the bottom 2 nodes.
Only difference I would say is the originator suggested the opposite order. Take off nodes 1 and 2, wait a day or two and then top. But honestly I often do it in the order you stated.

Back
Top Bottom