Short And Stocky My First Grow

845Kingjames

This will be my first grow ever as I stumbled across some weed that had seeds In it from the dispensary. The weed was “bootylicious”, which is a hybrid strain almost listed as 50/50 I/S but this grow is showing me that it definitely grows like a indica.
My current set up is a 2ftx4ftx5 grow tent with a small 4 inch circulate fan with vent holes open, I have 2 1000p viparspectra led lights running says they’ll cover 2x2 foot 12 inches away . The plants (4) are exactly 5 weeks old from first put in soil. Soil choice was not the best but it is natural and organic miracle grow :xxx after I transplanted into there 3 gallon fabric pots that will be there final home I mixed in 20% perlite. Once they were two weeks old I noticed they were growing lime green yellowish so I ordered ff nutes which was actually not the answer after reading that newer growth grows in a lighter color. Some leafs got bad burn on the tips so that is the smallest plant in the picture below that was topped 4 times thus far to make look pretty and is growing fine The last feeding consist of 1/3 the dose of grow big & big bloom with a some cal mag from fox farms. I’m debating on when to flip the switch on them as the grow space is limited and I have a ton of sour d auto flower seeds to plant, these plants are sitting at about 16 inches tall. Picture tooken two hours before they go to sleep don’t mind the droopy ness :p
Any advice is appreciated

42365775-EC2B-4C28-8AB7-C3FE52E5881F.jpeg

Nice, read @Emilya Green and all her knowledge on watering. Browse her content and you will learn quite a bit. Good luck. Not a fan of FF nutes, their soil is ok if you don’t have a choice. Look into organic gardening on your next cycle. I sleep so much better at night knowing I don’t have to add 7000 synthetic nutrients to my organic soil, messing around with ppm, sweating over ph, blah blah blah lol. Not saying synthetic won’t produce massive yields, just my opinion.

Flip to suit your needs. 5 ft tent will only let you go so far up before encountering light issues for starters. With four plants in a 2x4 you will be limited on training. I would do 45-60 days before flipping. Some plants will stretch quite a bit, some won’t. There’s really no correct time to flip. You are the professor here:nerd-with-glasses:

I was thinking on flipping on day 42-45 just to keep it shorter which would be next weekend and still get something good out of it lol. Not really sure what I should be expecting out of them as far as yield but I look at this as a learning experience to continue to grow. As far as water I’ll read her post, but the water does get ph”d down to between 6.4-6.8 after nutes and calmag. I used bottled distilled water from the store between them plants they get 1g of water every 2/3 days depending on the weight of the pot which seems okay for there size right now

I was thinking on flipping on day 42-45 just to keep it shorter which would be next weekend and still get something good out of it lol. Not really sure what I should be expecting out of them as far as yield but I look at this as a learning experience to continue to grow. As far as water I’ll read her post, but the water does get ph”d down to between 6.4-6.8 after nutes and calmag. I used bottled distilled water from the store between them plants they get 1g of water every 2/3 days depending on the weight of the pot which seems okay for there size right now
No need to buy distilled water, just fill a bucket and let it sit for 24 hours to declorinate. Ph range is good. Just sit back and relax. You’re going to have problems, we all do but that’s how we learn and adapt! Since going organic, I’ve reinvigorated my passion for gardening. I have my own vermicompost and abundance of other plants to make ferments/teas. I much rather feed my soil than my plants synthetic’s. Again, pure opinion!

Any advice on when I should flip the switch to12/12? Currently on 18/6
That all depends on the space you have. Crowding can lead to complications. I use a 3x3 tent and the most i will flower at once is two ladies and sometimes that seems to be pushing it. You can manipulate and train, but i would wait and get a few runs under my belt before getting crazy.

I ramble. I would flip soonish if i was you.

That all depends on the space you have. Crowding can lead to complications. I use a 3x3 tent and the most i will flower at once is two ladies and sometimes that seems to be pushing it. You can manipulate and train, but i would wait and get a few runs under my belt before getting crazy.

I ramble. I would flip soonish if i was you.
My original plan was to switch Monday 12/12 with them getting a good feeding tomorrow 8 hours before sleep - leaving out the nitrogen but introducing the bloom for the day before then following feeding go back to normal but one after that start lighting on the nitrogen. This is all knowledge I’ve learned from this site lol. I think I’ll flip them Monday .

Bad tap water?
Look into a product called Prime from a company called Seachem. It takes care of chlorine and other things that are harmful to plants. Literally two drops per gallon. My plants thrive.

My original plan was to switch Monday 12/12 with them getting a good feeding tomorrow 8 hours before sleep - leaving out the nitrogen but introducing the bloom for the day before then following feeding go back to normal but one after that start lighting on the nitrogen. This is all knowledge I’ve learned from this site lol. I think I’ll flip them Monday .
Yes. Monday =).
I set two ladies to 13/11 today. I wont start counting days till monday. We will be on the same timer.

Bad tap water?
Look into a product called Prime from a company called Seachem. It takes care of chorine and other things that are harmful to plants. Literally two drops per gallon. My plants thrive.
Well I’m in upstate NY and our well dried up a month ago so we have a 1500 gallon water tank hooked up to a jet pump... that’s our water supply until we are out the drought and the water is literally blue lol

Quick update while they are all awake. They just got there last feeding before I flip the switch which I have the timer set so that tonight they get there first 12 hours darkness and only 12 hours light . I’ll put a black sheet over it at the times of darkness since I got a cheaper tent that has tiny light holes in it. There feeding had low doses of grow big big bloom and a tiny dose of tiger bloom to introduce it to it to help jump start the process also a tsp of cal mag, all of the ff line. The next feeding they will go back to there regular scheduled nutes then after that just plain water maybe some cal mag before I go into half recommended doses of everything. Let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary!
Happy growing!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks good.
You might want to get a few monkey fans to circulate air inside your tent. Even during the night cycle i have two fans moving air. This will become more important later, but it will help strengthen the plants early on.

They don't mind a little "moonlight" as long as it's like that from the beginning.... I've had street lights, my neighbors light and the moon on some outdoor and they didn't mind.
So I’ll be good with no sheet? I have the 12 hours of light set to 10am to 10pm so I can water them when there awake so the most light that will be coming threw the vent holes & around the zipper

Looks good.
You might want to get a few monkey fans to circulate air inside your tent. Even during the night cycle i have two fans moving air. This will become more important later, but it will help strengthen the plants early on.
I have one more of these fans i can stick in there on opp side, think itll be enough ?

image.jpg

I would put one down low, to circulate air up towards the second. But, yes those will do fine.

Back
Top Bottom