My First Ever Grow - UK Based in My Bedroom

Oh dude you shouldnt water when the lights go off it is a great environment for mold. I know I come to give you advice and I dont want to sound like a ass or knowitall I just am looking out for you. The best time to water is in the morning or when your lights come on if your schedule is aligned with the traditional cycle. Water within a half hour of the lights coming on and you will have a lot less chance of mold,humidity problems as well as leaf burn from water magnifying light that the leaf cant handle.

Any and ALL advice is greatly appreciated Joe. Almost everything I read here is knowledge and again I have been taught something new.
Thanks for your input my friend.
Her next water will probably be on Monday now as the 3 day cycle isn't enough to quench her thirst now. I will follow your advice.

Compared to me, everyone is a knowitall; which is actually a good thing :laugh:

Alright thanks I will keep that in mind.Happy to help.

Day 34
Day_34-1.jpg
Day_34-2.jpg
Day_34-3.jpg

Having to move back a little now to take the overall pic so she's still growing.
Had to trim another couple of leaves from the bottom.

Watered her today with some nutes about 6 hours ago and she is still slightly bending over, doesn't seem to matter if I nute her or not. Perhaps it's a little warm inside the tent. Would that make her bend like that?
I'm not too worried as I said, shes growing nicely :laughtwo:

Tons of things can make it bend. Everything from weak stems or rot to heat weight or even the direction of the light. The bend is fine as it will reinforce to get stronger if it is from anything but rot. If its rot your screwed.

Dont kill em with kindness :) But Yeah I understand. When I first started out I was pretty impatient. I was always checking on the plants as if they are going to grow in front of my eyes or something. After the newness wares off though you will become more patient.

Dont kill em with kindness :) But Yeah I understand. When I first started out I was pretty impatient. I was always checking on the plants as if they are going to grow in front of my eyes or something. After the newness wares off though you will become more patient.

This couldn't be more true. I went through all of the same stages :thumb:

Day 40
Day_40-1.jpg
Day_40-2.jpg

Things are looking good now.
Trimmed off the rest of the old leaves that were affected by the nitrogen deficiency as there was no way they were going to recover.
The other plant unfortunately died. After over a week she didn't grow at all so popped her out and the root was less than 1" and quite brown.
Colleen is looking very good, so many bud sites now; I'm really getting excited.
When I bought the seed the ad said 85-90 days and it's only been 40, so I don't think it's going to take another 40. 30 max I would say at a rough guess.

Oh definitely m8. All the stems are now pointing upwards. Still a little droopyness on some of the leaves, but now with the new nute regime, I think she'll be fine. She's a thirsty girl as I checked the bucket before taking the pics and it was so light, my cat could have picked it up :D I'm now fully clued up and when she needs watering now. All the info I have collected on this site over the past few months has finally started to stick.

Not sure how many plants I can grow in my small tent, but will try 3. Colleen, Violet (my sons auto Blueberry) and 1 more which I have ordered. The tent is 80x80x120 Don't need to grow any more than 2 for myself anyway as it's totally for personal use.

Hiya Bob. I don't think it's root rot as I have just checked the roots and they are nice and white; that topped with the fact that coco peet is meant to be sterile anyway. I did start with brand new pots, fresh soil and cleaned tent. The water from the taps here is perfect. Nice light water with no limescale or anything harmful. It's so clean and fresh in this part of the world everyone just uses tap water for their car/bike batteries. I don't know of anywhere else in the world you would dare to do that.

I had many problems at the start as I really didn't have a clue what I was doing. Over-watering, giving nutes, too much too early in the growth cycle. She suffered from nitrogen deficiency, nitrogen toxicity, soggy feet, light burn. It was a case of total noobishness and giving the plant a very hard and damaging beginning in life. I can clearly see her starting to improve as about a week ago the leaves were so bent they were touching the main stem. Every new leaf started yellow, bent and sick looking. Now look at them.

I'm not too worried about the yield from it or even if it dies, it's been a fantastic experience whatever happens and each one I do from now will improve.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep an eye on her to see what happens.

:goodjob: she will change allot now.

i have a sativa plant that is taking for ever . i almost gave up on her. now shes starting to show half lb potential ..

Just checking up on you but things seem to be going pretty well for you.

If they just started to appear its gonna probably be a little over a month. Its just a guess because I dont know how long your strain takes to flower. Some can be as little as 7 weeks and some take up to 13. But as I said if the trichomes are just showing you have 4-6 weeks left.

Day 73
Day_71-1.jpg
Day_71-2.jpg
Day_71-3.jpg
Day_71-4.jpg

Things are going very well indeed. Can now see the trichomes with the naked eye. They are all clear...ish atm, 1 or 2 starting to turn milky.
I did have a loop in my toolbox which I used to use to repair LCD monitors all them years ago. Seems to have done the trick with a closeup.
I have a small fan in the tent now which has cooled it down a little as it was rather hot.
There are no sun leaves left as I either picked them off during it's growth or they fell off :D

I can't wait to see the yield from it as it's definitely double or more than I thought about 5weeks ago. As it was a little poorly.
All nice and hairy and stinky now though.

Back
Top Bottom