Short And Stocky My First Grow

Hey guys just a quick update, not much new going on. I was wondering if this is normal on one of the plants. They all get fed equally but only this plant has this color. Any help is appreciated

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fox farm nutes and they only get 1 tsp of grow big when they recommended 2/3 per gallon and 1 tbs of big bloom when they says 4 per gallon. Should I just ph water feed next two feedings ?
I would flush it with ph'd water, wait a couple days and feed it again.

They will be fine.
I always try to follow the "less is more theory". It is easier to add, than to take away.

I have never used FF nutes. I have used their soil and was happy with the results. I found ocean forest to be fairly hot when i used it.
I ran a veg of about a month with only ph'd water cal/mag and silica blast. In the first week of flower i will add 10 ml of pro blend (botanicare) per gallon to my reservoir (which holds 2.5 gallons). I will up the dose to 25 ml by week six. at week six i stop all feeding except for cal/mag and an 1/8 of a teaspoon koolbloom per gallon.
Since then i make my own soil using pro mix and amendments. I can almost do a full run with only ph'd water cal/mag and slica blast.

I have never used FF nutes. I have used their soil and was happy with the results. I found ocean forest to be fairly hot when i used it.
I ran a veg of about a month with only ph'd water cal/mag and silica blast. In the first week of flower i will add 10 ml of pro blend (botanicare) per gallon to my reservoir (which holds 2.5 gallons). I will up the dose to 25 ml by week six. at week six i stop all feeding except for cal/mag and an 1/8 of a teaspoon koolbloom per gallon.
Since then i make my own soil using pro mix and amendments. I can almost do a full run with only ph'd water cal/mag and slica blast.
I think for there next feeding I will give them some cal mag & ph the water after and that’s it as the nut burn only happened on a few leaves to be on the safe side then by the following feed I’ll start with light doses of all three and when I say light I’m thinking 1/8 of recommended I think this soil is my main problem even after I added the perlite to it to try to help it dry faster but it’s like a sponge so there may be that overload of nutes . My next grow will be the two auto flowers from seed supreme of sour d. Along with that I will be adding In two photo periods of bubble gum and amnesia haze that can stay in veg until my autos are done but they’ll experience heavy topping and training so I can learn more, but they are all going to go into ff ocean forest with added perlite

I’ve used FFOF since 2016 and I enjoyed it. I always mixed strawberry fields to it with perlite or pumice. I have since converted to coots mix with a mulch layer and no cover crop. Waiting on the next cycle to do cover crops in a 20gal. I wonder why organic amendments haven’t gained more traction lately. Simplify your gray and feed your plants what they would get in normal conditions. Either way, good luck and hopefully we all can learn together

What is the point of cover crops?
From what i read, cover crops help even out nitrogen and ph. I am running an earthbox with a cover crop and my plants have never been greener. Next run i plan on adding live worms to the box.

From what i read, cover crops help even out nitrogen and ph. I am running an earthbox with a cover crop and my plants have never been greener. Next run i plan on adding live worms to the box.
I know some legumes get N from the air and store it for it's OWN use on their roots but these plants don't "share" until they die and compost back into the earth.

I know some legumes get N from the air and store it for it's OWN use on their roots but these plants don't "share" until they die and compost back into the earth.
Works for me. Live, die and provide for my plants.

The question is "do they provide back as much or more nutes than they took?"
Time will tell. At this point i am happy with my results and am looking forward to my next run. I will add worms to live on the roots of the cover crop.

Back
Top Bottom