Landrace Genetics 101

Oh no judging my friend!! Just didn't know they went for that much is all. I understand love and joy have no price. I'm going to have to try it eventually just gotta save up the funds for something like that. Just scary to spend that kind of money on a pack, and me not really like the high. Chances are I will have only found a couple I'm not fond of.

The Attitude lists Doggy's Nuts G13 x Haze seeds @ $579.24 for ten (feminized) :rolleyes: . Ten or 15 years ago, I saw seeds advertised for something like $1,200 per pack. While I've stated before that what a person actually gets from cannabis seeds makes a reasonably high price still end up being a good value, I don't consider either that strain or the $900 to $1,200 ones I saw in the past to be all that great in the first place, lol. On the other hand, I guess if a person can sell a couple packs per week at those prices - and is just "some guy" operating out of his house - then that person is making a good bit of money. But I guess it would have been a lot easier to do that back when "cannabis seedbanks" were new things that the general population was only just then finding out about, and they didn't have Internet forums like this one on which to discuss the relative pros and cons of any given strain with each other.

I'll pay the $500 :rofl::rofl:

^^ I will have to think about that one, I have been feeling lonely lately. hehe I know the feeling of reading about some 'grail' strain someone has and the longing it produces.

The great majority of the time the 'grail' is not so great when I run it. The interplay of each persons brain and the plant are different for so many. Acapulco Gold did not get it's reputation by being crap, or Michoacan. Paraquat spraying scares and the more potent Colombian (at first it was better not so much later) becoming available to fill the void resulted in the fine Mexican lines being lost.

The Acapulco Gold buds are wispy and flower times are quite long. Not a money maker. The Colombian was hybridized by mid seventies and dense for that time. Mexican strains were being crossed with Afghan by mid seventies as well. I have read from one person that Acapulco Gold is being imported into the US at this time. Not sure of that just what I read. I would have no idea how to get it tho as my contacts are mostly gone and I assume it was crossed with Afghan.

This Acapulco Gold x Michoacan I have now produces a psychedelic yet warm and euphoric high. Not easy to get trippy with warmth. Usually the trip is kind of uncomfortable at least some of the time. The Colombian Gold is more prone to produce anxiety and less euphoria. Not saying it is bad, but telling the truth for me. I have not freaked out on the CG but it and the Lambsbread/Haze, Thai/Cambodian and Panama Red can leave you in a slightly anxious place for a brief time if overdone.

T

Could buy an ounce and open a seed Shop.. but good genetics have always had a price and shit was more expensive back in the day than what it is now... Nevil paid big dollars for a bag of 69-70 haze seeds in early 80's....

I was a kid who spent way too much time thinking and Columbian gold made me worse. I was happy when i found Columbian red and thai stick. Some strains of grass made me so aware that a shirt collar or patch of dry skin would drive me nuts. Other times in the early 80s i found smoking inebriated my body but left my mind traveling a million miles an hour .....that i do not like. It sounds like we have better strains now that we can choose our high and not settle for what our local weed seller had.??

Could buy an ounce and open a seed Shop.. but good genetics have always had a price and shit was more expensive back in the day than what it is now... Nevil paid big dollars for a bag of 69-70 haze seeds in early 80's....

Yeah but at least I would have been alive to find out for myself and would have been able to preserve genetics like many others instead I gotta buy em cause my parents couldn't get there jiggy on earlier :rofl:

My dad was a bigger hard-ass than Red on That '70s Show, and I managed. I did learn not to pour the cleanings off the ol' double album out the bedroom window, because Pop kept mowing down the seedlings (and "teens"), lol.

Look on the bright side. You're able to experience the whole "pick a strain, any strain, any strain at all" seedbank thing now. If you missed all the greats back in the day, it'll make finding some now seem even more magical.

My dad was a bigger hard-ass than Red on That '70s Show, and I managed. I did learn not to pour the cleanings off the ol' double album out the bedroom window, because Pop kept mowing down the seedlings (and "teens"), lol.

Look on the bright side. You're able to experience the whole "pick a strain, any strain, any strain at all" seedbank thing now. If you missed all the greats back in the day, it'll make finding some now seem even more magical.

It DOES make it seem more magical, hit the head of the nail right there mate :thumb: Plus there are the strains of today that in 30-40 years will seem as magical as the ones I'm trying to acquire now :) If I'm still alive that is :rofl:

I only have one sativa growing now. A Columbian Red Point x Unknown Swami strain. She is getting that lanky stretched out look that I have been chasing. Not quite the odor though. Here she is with her autoflowering companions.

I have some Red Point x The One seeds that I haven't grown out yet. Gotta get some of these autos harvested and out of my way before I dare start popping those.

PINEAPPLE BANANA BUD
HAWAIIAN SATIVA X MULANJE GOLD
TWO LANDRACE F1
HA X MULANJE PINEAPPLE BANNANA BUD.JPG
atta_032840_FEDERATION HA X MULANGE 030[1].JPG

I'm with Night every pic has such a beautiful landrace cross it's crazy. I would love to check out a site if you have one. Hope you guys are all having a decent night!!!

Back
Top Bottom