Laughing Buddha First Grow

chronicville

Just built a couple of tents going to try my first grow in soil. My plan is to soak them in water and when they crack put them in a jiffy pot dome tray located in the smaller tent 3'3'' square by 7' 6'' tall. Under the light.

Am i on the right track.?

Sent from my SM-N920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here is the set up and plan for veg.

Tent -Prolabs 100 3'7" square by 7'6" tall

Light -phantom cmh 345 watt metal halide

Soil- is happy frogs potting soil

No netes till a month old

Going to crack the seeds in water then set in a small jiffy pot dome.

After they get tight in the jiffy pot. Into a green solol cup.

Then 5 gallon for the final pot.

Starting 10 Laufing Budda and 1 MK Ulta auto & 1 critical Kush auto

Plan is to pick the top 5 buddahs keep #1 Budda for mom

run the other four in 5 gallon pots with a 3x4 scrog net for the flower stage in a seperate 4x4 tent

Keep the autos with mom in the veg tent till harvest.

Sounds like a good setup and plan to me. :bravo: i want to start a scrog grow too as soon as i can. What light you using for the flower tent? Are the 5gal happy frog too or ffof? Dont think happy frog is as hot so you might need nutes sooner. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Happy frog throught. I will pick up the neuts this week.

I need to go to the store anyway for the my tap water to be tested.

The light is a phantom cmh 345 with a hps lamp

Tent grow labs 120 4x4x 7'6"

8 of ten buddahs cracked so far.

In the veg tent. I have low humidity. 19% i tried the towel wic method. I am thinking of getting a humidifier should it be located up high or down low with the seedlings

I have the same issues, i ended up getting little vapor humidifier right in the middle of my tent. Mine is only about a litre big and raises the humidty about 10% and has to be refilled twice a day. I would recommend something a little bigger if you have the space in your tent. You want to place it low since hot air rises and the extraction fan is typically at the top.

If you have a extraction fan speed control you could also try lowering that a little. Ive also turned off my extraction fan for a couple hours at lights out to let the plants raise the himidty too.

Swamp cooler is another option i just have no experience with them. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I put an oil filled portable radiator in the veg tent. It raised the humidity and is better at keeping a constant temperature. There is roughy an 8 degree differential with the light off.

The little space heater that had a blower had the temps all over the map. It was a pain in the ass to dial in.

If you have the space i recomend the radiator.

Not sure how it will do in the bloom tent but i do not think it will necessary there.

I put an oil filled portable radiator in the veg tent. It raised the humidity and is better at keeping a constant temperature. There is roughy an 8 degree differential with the light off.

The little space heater that had a blower had the temps all over the map. It was a pain in the ass to dial in.

Not sure how it will do in the bloom tent but i do not think it will necessary there.

420-magazine-mobile1267063762.jpg
420-magazine-mobile630482151.jpg

Here are the seeds in there new home

MK Ultra auto flower.

420-magazine-mobile473872217.jpg

8 of 10 Laughing Buddha have cracked the shell

420-magazine-mobile2114656355.jpg

All are now in the Mini germination station. Including the un cracked ones.

420-magazine-mobile1709664017.jpg

For the night Domeless temp running 76 degrees and 45% rh.

Hopefully we will see some sprouts in the morning.

Any thoughts on the dome. On or off before they break ground?

Also. When to hit the light and pimp in the CO2

Congrats on the hatching! I would keep the domes on as humidity is really good and needed for this stage. Once they are above the ground, remove the dome and pot them. I had some concerns about your plan to select a mother plant before you even taste the different phenotypes of your seed batch. I would suggest you let each plant grow to be about 5-6 nodes high, then topping each one and making a clone using the topped portion. Grow out each plant to flower while just letting the mothers grow strong. Harvest the plants, dry, cure, and smoke some samples. Then select the mother or mothers you want to keep.

Although I'm not sure if you will have enough total room for that. Anyways, best of luck and keep us updated. GREAT PHOTOS!

Thanks Cookie

Here is this mornings update

I can see that they are trying to work their way up

Dome is on at this time and i emptied some water out of the tray i don't want them soggy correct?

Should i turn on the light before they punch out of the soil?

I like the idea of sampling each one before selecting a Mom

Not sure i have enough room for all the plants. I May trick out your idea and keep the top 5, take the clones and grow them out before selecting the Mom

If i flower them immediately after the clones take roots, would they grow as big requiring a lot of room and if i flower them early like that would they have the same potency and flavor?

Keep the lights on at all times until they are growing above the soil. You want them to have light immediately so they don't stretch as much. Also will help keep them nice and warm.

I'm not sure how you will do on space, but the clones will be able to flower once roots are established and will be smaller then. Are you using feminized seeds? If no, then try to keep more than 5 until you know which are males and females. Keep it up, I'll follow along.

If you don't mind, could you tell me how much your humidity went up using the radiator?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not much just a couple maybe 5% it kinda timed out with a couple days of rain. So ut is hard to tell.

They liked the dome and the light. Signs of life all over. Thinkin i have 10 of 12 now.

At first i had humidity in the dome but then it was clear. The temp ran up to 82 degrees. I closed the louvers hf way to get some more humidity the temp shot up to 88 in the dome. With a touch of humidity in the dome. I decided the open vent is better than the 88 degree temp kets see gow the rest of the light cycle act.
420-magazine-mobile812743334.jpg

Coming along nicely

420-magazine-mobile2140574987.jpg

This one look healthy?

420-magazine-mobile1877158110.jpg

How bout this lady auto Critical Kush shes a lil croked

420-magazine-mobile111667162.jpg

Temps around 82 85 in the dome.
Not to much humidity in there. 20% in the tent.

Back
Top Bottom