SBG's Second Cabinet Grow Vscrog With Laughing Buddha Clones

Sorry I missed this. After I saw your submission for plant of the month I had to check it out. It was a really good run!

I've always admired v-scrogs from a far but never thought I had the room for one. But seeing your space hold one no sweat I think I may have to just pull the trigger and go for it. Sorry if I missed this detail in your journal, but what are the dimensions of the flower cab?

Sorry I missed this. After I saw your submission for plant of the month I had to check it out. It was a really good run!

I've always admired v-scrogs from a far but never thought I had the room for one. But seeing your space hold one no sweat I think I may have to just pull the trigger and go for it. Sorry if I missed this detail in your journal, but what are the dimensions of the flower cab?

Thanks for the compliments. I think a Vscrog in a small space is perfect, you end up utilizing every square inch of the cabinet footprint. My flowering Cabinets dimensions are 24" x 36" and height of the light to the floor of the cabinet is only 33" I have a Toplight LED 96 x 3 that gives the cabinet perfect coverage. feel free to ask any questions. I am hanging around here even if I don't have a current Journal in progress.

Cheers.

Thanks for the compliments. I think a Vscrog in a small space is perfect, you end up utilizing every square inch of the cabinet footprint. My flowering Cabinets dimensions are 24" x 36" and height of the light to the floor of the cabinet is only 33" I have a Toplight LED 96 x 3 that gives the cabinet perfect coverage. feel free to ask any questions. I am hanging around here even if I don't have a current Journal in progress.

Cheers.

Thank you! So your cab is about a foot wider than mine, but asides from that almost the same. What angle are the elbows that make the wings of the V?

I had somewhat limited choices at H/D so I ended up with 45*.
Next grow I think I am going to put some cross supports into the design because when I strung it together with string for the screen it pulled it together to much.
My suggestion would be to not use any kind of wire because when the plants were finished flowering with string I just cut all the strings out to free the plant instead of cutting the branches out of the Vscrog.

I had somewhat limited choices at H/D so I ended up with 45*.
Next grow I think I am going to put some cross supports into the design because when I strung it together with string for the screen it pulled it together to much.
My suggestion would be to not use any kind of wire because when the plants were finished flowering with string I just cut all the strings out to free the plant instead of cutting the branches out of the Vscrog.

Cool thanks for the info. I think I'll be facing the same thing RE having to cut the screen apart instead of trying the opposite.

I see you just kind of rested it on some wood screws. Was it heavy enough on its own or did you have to weigh it down at all?

once the plant started growing through the screen it needed no help holding it in place. The only thing I wish I had done was to let the screen fill up with bud shoots before if flipped it to flowering time. next grow in the cabinet will be one plant White Widow I think but I might make myself another custom DIY ecofelt pot that fits the bottom of my Flowering chamber.

Since the Vscrog is not glued together yet because I knew that something was going to need changing. I think I'll be adding the support bars just on the inside of the 45* elbow it should just miss the stocks of the plants.

Since the Vscrog is not glued together yet because I knew that something was going to need changing. I think I'll be adding the support bars just on the inside of the 45* elbow it should just miss the stocks of the plants.

running from the inside of each elbow across the screen?

Yup. That sounds about right, just to give it a bit more support to the strings. I found that the string got to loose as the weight of the plant got greater.

I'm Not Dead Yet.

If anyone wants a peek as to whats going on in my cabinet right now here yah go

On these two shots the plant on the right is a (last chance) for something off of a Texada Timewarp in doors and the one on the left is a very bad (maybe) Laughing Buddha mainline experiment gone bad but we will see as they are now into day 24 of flowering. the LB is way to close to the light and there's nothing I can do about it and the TT just does not like being inside as the following two photo's show. Anyone got any Idea's?
DSC0865.jpg
DSC0862.jpg
DSC0867.jpg
DSC0869.jpg

Might give something like that a try if I start to see any signs of trouble but for now she seems to be happy sucking up the light.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If your Texada Timewarp is not either over or under watered I believe your leaf damage may be too high of nitrogen in flower. Can you please take some close up photographs of the leaves on your Texada Timewarp?

Hey KingJohn C if your still about and looking in this as close as I can get hope you can help out these Texada timewarps they are progressing and to be honest they smell like Cat Piss.

DSC0984.jpg
DSC0981.jpg
DSC0980.jpg

If your plant is neither over watered or under watered I believe that your plant is receiving too high of nitrogen in flower. Downward curled leaves can be a sign of either watering stress or to high of nitrogen in flower.

Back
Top Bottom