SBG's First Grow Cabinet Under CFLs (Wish Me Luck)

Photo update.
MG_1601.jpg

No, not the plants but what the next plants are going into when it's time. I made myself some fabric pots from a DIY page on 420 Magazine. I don't sew until now so I'm calling them my ugly pots 2- 5 gal and 1- 3 gal. Link below. cost me $20.00 in material.
DIY fabric grow pots "Cannabags" made from Eco Felt - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

That's really cool!

I understand your frustration man, the information is out there by doctors here. If doctors here are willing to try out medical marijuana for people AND ANIMALS here with phenomenal results in most patients if not all, I don't understand why doctors there won't try some studies themselves. That's so closed minded...

The Gov are trying to use the doctors as a tool to help suppress the Majority of the people but the doctors are trying not to be dragged into the political mess that this Gov has made out of this whole thing. We have a federal election coming up next year our Liberal party is going for legalization but I think they would be happy with a decriminalization and the Conservatives are just plan out of touch with reality and are more interested in selling off all of our Natural resources to their foreign business buddy's. OOPs I better go get that thorn outta my ass and stop bitching.

Question for all you knowledgeable folks out there just wondering why some of you put your plants into darkness for a day or two before harvesting, what's the thought behind that. benefits that I don't know about?

Smoke update. Went hiking with a buddy today out East Sooke Park and laughing Buddha is just fine for the creative side of landscape photography. The reason I asked the question above is it's time, it's time!!!!

Nice cloth pots :)
The reason people use the dark period before harvest varies. Some believe it to promote hetter resin production. (It doesn't)
The only reason I can see is that at night the plant shifts stores such as certain starches etc to the root mass. ?? (May be wrong lol)

KJC would quote a study he has seen when thc was measured in a comparison, no difference was noticed.

I still harvest my plant after the dark period, I just don't extend that period.

Hope that helps ! :)

I give my ladies a 72hrs dark period before harvesting two days after my last watering. what I noticed it's a slight improvement on resin production and more stickiness on the buds. Also studies have shown that the plant produce the most THC at sunrise and less at sun down, also all the nutrient are down to the roots during night time so you get a better flush out bud. but overall it's just all up to the grower and his habits. This process is not critical, call it more of the connoisseur step. Google Dj short he has a few interesting view on doing this. Also you can listen to a podcast of freeweed where he is being interviewed and he also talks about the 11/13 method.

L.A. I wish that could try some of these methods, but I'm running on a scheduled that 1 or 2 extra weeks will kill my setup. so I have to play it safe with my light circle. your right on that it adds more time to harvest, but plant start showing off phenotypes expression that you don't get on a 12/12 (well from what I read on this)

Yeah I get you there for sure. Ill pop over to yours to catch up soon. I was running just one girl at a time !!! Went for it anyway and got over 16 OZ of her lol. My first POTM win.
Messing with time frames is something I'm gonna really get into shortly as I'm going perpetually but I'm still flexible really as I treat my girls like crap in veg :) I just turn em back to health a week before my defol 2 days before flipping to flower! :)

How's that defoliage works out. Do you only take out the fan leaf only. I'm planning on trying it out on my next run.

I try to only take leafs of any kind or size if I feel I will get better light

Nice cloth pots :)
The reason people use the dark period before harvest varies. Some believe it to promote hetter resin production. (It doesn't)
The only reason I can see is that at night the plant shifts stores such as certain starches etc to the root mass. ?? (May be wrong lol)

KJC would quote a study he has seen when thc was measured in a comparison, no difference was noticed.

I still harvest my plant after the dark period, I just don't extend that period.

Hope that helps ! :)

It does actually make a difference. The buds get tighter denser, and the plant forces the rest of the sugars stored up out into the buds. The plant only produces trichomes when the lights are off so all of that dark time, the plant is working off all of that stored energy from the light cycle.. And another use for the 24+ hours of darkness is to finish a plant that doesn't want to finish. So in that sense it would force the plant's pistils red and trichomes to mature.

Question for all you knowledgeable folks out there just wondering why some of you put your plants into darkness for a day or two before harvesting, what's the thought behind that. benefits that I don't know about?

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

There is a good example of how I defoliate in this Grow Journal and Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Here is @Bassman59 guide Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?

Today was a busy day in the Cabinet.

First up this happened.
MG_1659.jpg

And I got so excited I had to do this.
MG_1652.jpg
MG_1653.jpg

And so begins the next chapter in the life of SBG's Grow Cabinet or commonly know as SBGGC

I think the plants are going to hang for 3-5 days in the basement and then be trimed up and put onto my drying rack for the rest of the dry.

The upper cabinet is going to stay in Veg mode til the screen is filled up then I might take a few clones before flipping over the flower.

I guess I should think about starting another journal. Maybe? or should I just become a lurker.

Back
Top Bottom