Leaves look bad, help please!

Floki88

So I have a photoperiod white widow that has leaf issues, can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to fix?? Been on 12/12 for a little over a week but problems existed before I switched lights, I tried everything I could think of but it seems to be getting worse. FF soil strawberry fields so since it's amended soil idk about deficiency.. idk anything really at this point.. any advice?

IMG_20210113_183103_815.jpg

IMG_20210113_183056_633.jpg

IMG_20210113_183046_068.jpg

IMG_20210113_183004_009.jpg

IMG_20210113_182925_966.jpg

IMG_20210113_182915_374.jpg

IMG_20210113_182848_318.jpg

IMG_20210113_182841_287.jpg

FF soil strawberry fields so since it's amended soil idk about deficiency.. idk anything really at this point.. any advice?
As James asked, how often and what are you feeding the plant? It appears to be a K def. If you haven't been feeding it then it's from a lack of food.
If you have been feeding it then you need to check your ratios. Make sure you're not giving too much of one nute and not enough of another. The K def can be from a lockout or a lack of food.

I've only fed once with ff big bloom and grow big for veg, since it's in amended soil which is FF strawberry fields which shop guy said is same as ocean forest but with less nitrogen, so I haven't fed since just distilled water cuz I was worried of over feeding in the soil before it's own nutes are used up. But when I did feed I made sure to ph adjust to like 5.8 - 6ish if I remember correctly. And I'm under impression that just distilled doesn't effect ph? Or am I wrong? Since it's on 12/12 but no pistils yet if I need to feed should I feed for veg or feed for flower?

Also sort of seems to like not be barely growing at all.. idk.. out of all the plants I've done I always seem to struggle with the widow.. I may just stop sprouting this strain altogether. It doesn't like me

I have thought about deficiency but isn't the tips browning like that nute burn? That's why I haven't fed more than water at the moment cuz I didn't wanna burn it worse

I've read that's correct range window but I've read so many sites idk what is true and what's not anymore. I feel like I've wanted to get good so bad that I learned all I could and now can't differentiate between what's right and wrong..
What you read isn’t wrong at all is a great ph range, just happens to be for hydroponic growing.
Soil you want to drift between 7.3-6.4 (someone fact check that I could be off)

I don’t believe that’s the soul reason for your issue (hell could have nothing to do with it). You’re just receiving input from a couple hydro growers and that tends to be where we go first.

@Emilya is the most knowledgeable soil grower I know of she may stop in and look at it for you.

I've read that's correct range window but I've read so many sites idk what is true and what's not anymore. I feel like I've wanted to get good so bad that I learned all I could and now can't differentiate between what's right and wrong..
I know the feeling. I’ve been there. I remember researching “defoliation” - FML! There are a lot of places with a lot of different opinions, it’s just determining the facts from opinion, which in this day and age, is a skill in itself! 420mag is great for that. I’ve no doubt you’ll get the help you need. The range @JamesBong502 (love that name) recommended sounds right to me for soil. I’m sure a soil grower will be able to confirm :)

:peace:

I've only fed once with ff big bloom and grow big for veg, since it's in amended soil which is FF strawberry fields which shop guy said is same as ocean forest but with less nitrogen,
:morenutes: :morenutes: :morenutes:
Also sort of seems to like not be barely growing at all.. idk
:morenutes: :morenutes: :morenutes:

The plant can't scream any louder. Your soil is buffered. No need to worry about the pH of the nutes.

Nute burn is isolated to the tip alone. Its not overfert'd. Just the tip will scorch up.

K def? Possible. Your leaf margins are being burnt up. You have a picture of a leaf with turned up edges without any major issues on the leaf margin leading me to suspect another issue if not K def.

Light stress as someone mentioned. I thought so as well until i saw 1 picture with even the bottom leaves affected as well, making me think its not a light issue. This would be if the plant is directly under the light. If so...that may be it.

Heat goes hand in hand with light stress, but the plant next to it seems unaffected by What ever is bothering the widow.

My next thought is wind burn. Do you have a clip on fan pointed at it?

Aside from those ideas, i would consider root/soil issues.

The leaves are shiny dark green, so they are definitely getting too much N and overfeeding in general. I think the soil & feed is burning them away, probably also causing one or more lockouts of nutrient elements (which is why it also looks a bit like a deficiency here and there). A quick Google search and you'll find other growers burning their plants in FF Strawberry Fields even without feeding them; one grower reporting the runoff measuring 1900-2200 ppm directly after transplant.

Hence: no more feeding for quite some time, just plain water.

And I got strawberry fields cuz shop recommended it cuz it's lower in nitrogen than ocean forest which I usually use since they said alot of people have nitrogen toxicity problems with ocean forest.

Alot of input guys thanks, I know it's not light stress cuz it's not even close like 2 or 3 feet maybe from top? It only gets to about 80 degrees when lights on about 70 in the dark. Humidity controlled to 50-60 set at 55 but there's always a window until devices turn on. There is a fan pointed blowing it but not like super hard fan is on low just to get circulation around inside tent, was recommended many places to have air flow on plant for c02 and such, plant shakes in the breeze but I was under the impression that this was good cuz it makes the stems and all stronger. Is that correct? I have many different ones going and I'd like to get this figured out to prevent others possibly suffering the same problems, only difference is the size of widow compared to all the others which are seedlings on the other side of the tent. I'm going straight seed to flower on them on one of each strain I got because my stash is almost empty and widow was already switched over light wise when I germed the seeds. And I don't wanna fight a 8x4 space full of this issues. But like I said before seems like widow plants hate me. Have done peyote gorilla plants and widow and bag seeds . Have gotten about 7 or 8 plants under my belt and have fought with every widow plant when no others showed problems

Alot of input guys thanks, I know it's not light stress cuz it's not even close like 2 or 3 feet maybe from top? It only gets to about 80 degrees when lights on about 70 in the dark. Humidity controlled to 50-60 set at 55 but there's always a window until devices turn on. There is a fan pointed blowing it but not like super hard fan is on low just to get circulation around inside tent, was recommended many places to have air flow on plant for c02 and such, plant shakes in the breeze but I was under the impression that this was good cuz it makes the stems and all stronger. Is that correct? I have many different ones going and I'd like to get this figured out to prevent others possibly suffering the same problems, only difference is the size of widow compared to all the others which are seedlings on the other side of the tent. I'm going straight seed to flower on them on one of each strain I got because my stash is almost empty and widow was already switched over light wise when I germed the seeds. And I don't wanna fight a 8x4 space full of this issues. But like I said before seems like widow plants hate me. Have done peyote gorilla plants and widow and bag seeds . Have gotten about 7 or 8 plants under my belt and have fought with every widow plant when no others showed problems
One exception is a Bruce banner that is a little older than the other small ones but no where near size of the widow

Back
Top Bottom