Leaves look bad, help please!

If I put enough distilled through it to get enough runoff and test the ph of that it'll give me soil ph right? If it's off what's the best way to correct it? Phd water? All I got is ph up and ph down to add to nute solution,calmag, and the ff trio. If I need something else to fix it I'll get it. That may be it cuz from earlier answers you'll see that I been adjusting to a lower window than I actually needed which my have forced it down to low
My soils
pH is a little acidic like 7.1 we can sit there all day and try and adjust it and dwell on it I just water and feed at 5.9 even balance IMO and my plants look fantastic I would set your water with a Ph Down around 6.0 6.5 it’ll correct it’s self over time cannabis plants are very resilient and the pH stuff is potent all you need is a drop or two

265F1502-5681-4592-B0E6-F2585A37DF94.jpeg

153948C6-4302-4978-A6FC-0736BA22B9C7.jpeg

72481728-F321-4A23-8096-51E85574D1DE.jpeg

First thing I do in situation like this is start turning all affected leaves to check the underside for pests.The majority of them are on the under side. Use a magnifying glass to look. If you see no bugs. Then I would say this is probably a pH issue or heat stress. But, always check for bugs first so if you do have em you wanna get on top of it asap. Goodluck

I've only fed once with ff big bloom and grow big for veg, since it's in amended soil which is FF strawberry fields which shop guy said is same as ocean forest but with less nitrogen, so I haven't fed since just distilled water cuz I was worried of over feeding in the soil before it's own nutes are used up. But when I did feed I made sure to ph adjust to like 5.8 - 6ish if I remember correctly. And I'm under impression that just distilled doesn't effect ph? Or am I wrong? Since it's on 12/12 but no pistils yet if I need to feed should I feed for veg or feed for flower?
You should be uping your pH bro. 6.5 is optimum for nute uptake right across the board

Screenshot_20210102_092315_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean by buffered and don't need to adjust the ph of nutes. Can you explain a little deeper?
In my experiences with ff soil it stay at a pH of 7 which is neutral. I give ocean forest ph'd water until the plant looks hungry, usually around 2 or 3 weeks. Depends on the strain. And if your using the ff 3 for nutes you gotta start at quarter strength working your way up to a higher dosage. I grew using only ff products for 2 yrs, had no pH pen and no ec meter through those grows and I did great each time. I did adjust pH and used the drops to test nute solution. But never checked run off.. Ever. It's very easy to get overloaded with info

Hey man
Hope alls well
Pics attached show similar prob on my NL autos.
im in coir and pebbles.
A few weeks ago, I bumped up the nuts to full strength. Couple of the girls responded well ..2 shown looking not so good( but ok) .
prob has only appeared on the top.. bottom leaves fine.
I also lowered my LED closer to the canopy top about a week or so after that. So not sure if it’s the light or nuts.. I’m leaning towards the light but could be both.
I’m a nube grower With pretty limited knowledge ( if any) . Just thought your prob looked similar(ish)to mine
Peace and love an all that.
Bud
657C2588-FBEE-49EB-8D8D-8B9685AD7453.jpeg
C4E521ED-FB25-46E8-A392-BC5670464C0A.jpeg

You said you PHed your nutes, you PHed the soil run off once, but what is the PH of the distilled water you keep giving them.Yes the soil is auto adjusting but it is only going to do so much for so long.Pour a cup of vinegar onto a cup of baking soda and it will neutralize. Add another cup of vinegar every day for a month and it is going to get acidic.Distilled water should be 7ish but they can be 6 to 8.I prefer spring water that has the micro nutrients a growing plant needs.

Hey man
Hope alls well
Pics attached show similar prob on my NL autos.
im in coir and pebbles.
A few weeks ago, I bumped up the nuts to full strength. Couple of the girls responded well ..2 shown looking not so good( but ok) .
prob has only appeared on the top.. bottom leaves fine.
I also lowered my LED closer to the canopy top about a week or so after that. So not sure if it’s the light or nuts.. I’m leaning towards the light but could be both.
I’m a nube grower With pretty limited knowledge ( if any) . Just thought your prob looked similar(ish)to mine
Peace and love an all that.
Bud
657C2588-FBEE-49EB-8D8D-8B9685AD7453.jpeg
C4E521ED-FB25-46E8-A392-BC5670464C0A.jpeg
Download a lux meter for your phone. It's not the ideal way to measure light but, they work and you can find guides online that tell you how many lux per growth stage you should be at. And this directly affected by light height. Seedling 5000-7000 young veg 15000-30000 late veg 30000-50000 and flower 60000-85000.
The best one I have found on the playstore for free is called lux. And is great for anyone that doesn't want to shell out for a parameter. Also when you get a new light, get a lux reading and then you are able to track the strength of your light from one grow to the next.
Looks like your getting up there in weeks of flower. Your plants actually want less light later in flower. If your light has a veg and bloom switch I'd more it up a bit and run just the bloom. Assuming your in late flower that is. But it looks like nute burn or heat stress and always be turning leaves to look for pest. Sorry baked and rambling. Goodluck

I know I'm kinda' late to the party, but this honestly looks like root burn to me. Plus your soil is FF Strawberry (I think U said?) which contains CoCo hair. Without more buffers like bone meal, among others, the ph of this soil can drop out of the desired range and even get to the point of burning the roots. I've lived through this with the white widow strain myself when I tried to grow weed for the first time.

I have found that, if you have a well balanced soil like a good "super soil" recipe, one doesn't need to ph the soil itself, just all the liquids that are placed into the soil... everything from nutes to just plain water. Mid to low 6's have always proven best in all of my grows.

Hope this helps,

CBDbud :goodluck:

Hi @Floki88 and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I hate the popular advice to new growers that they don't have to adjust pH because it can be very misleading. Sure, in a buffered soil, you can get away with not setting your pH to the right point and your soil buffers will eventually get the nutes into the range where they are mobile and available to the plants. This however is the lazy girl's way of growing, taking shortcuts and letting the soil do all the work for you. For the entire period of time when your nutes/water are out of the proper range, being auto adjusted, your nutes are unavailable to the plant, or at least to a degree they are. Why inefficiently use your expensive nutes? Why not just set them into the range right at the get go, and get all that extra time when they are available to the plant? Sure, not adjusting your pH can work in certain situations... but is this advice for the masses, true every time? Nope, it isnt.

So trust your soil to be where it needs to be... there is no need to measure your soil's pH. If you make sure that every fluid that hits your soil is set to 6.3pH, you can do no better... for that is the optimal pH to come in at.

Now, back to your problem....
Where is the Tiger Bloom? Do you have a Fox Farms feeding chart? Go by that, flush when they tell you to, come in at the correct pH, and the Fox Farm system will work. To me, your plants look like they got or are getting too much light, and as said above, they have a potassium deficiency, if not also several others.
Just wanna reach out and say thanks again and give an update. I did what you said with feeding chart and ph-ing and it was definitely a deficiency. She has recovered nicely and now seems to be happily starting to bloom. Thanks again for the help and advice.

IMG_20210123_171402_884.jpg

IMG_20210123_171322_169.jpg

IMG_20210123_171306_504.jpg

Just wanna reach out and say thanks again and give an update. I did what you said with feeding chart and ph-ing and it was definitely a deficiency. She has recovered nicely and now seems to be happily starting to bloom. Thanks again for the help and advice.

IMG_20210123_171402_884.jpg

IMG_20210123_171322_169.jpg

IMG_20210123_171306_504.jpg
Happy to hear it @Floki88 :goodjob::bravo:

Your plants do look quite happy indeed. :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom