LED - Multiple Autos - Soil - First Grow

Mars Pro light 160 I'm happy with it very much. Anyone can suggest how high LED has to be ? I have it at 34"

20160803_194100.jpg
20160803_183836.jpg

For baby seedlings, that LED panel is undoubtedly overkill. It'll work if you find a plant-to-light distance that falls somewhere between so far they fall over and so close they cook, lol. But if you had started with smaller pots (or at least smaller diameter), you could probably have gotten by with that little screw-in LED "bulb" (depending on its actual wattage draw).

Did you start with the large pots because you are growing autoflowering strains and did not wish to end up restricting the roots at some future point, or...?

BtW, what size footprint does that little light cast at 8" / 10" / 12" ? And at what (minimum) distance from the floor do you get a fully-mixed spectrum look to the illumination that reaches the floor (as opposed to it looking like multiple "spots")?

Guys my autos are one week old :) I gave them water for the second time on Monday :thumb: Ph 6.5 the soil was dry and they got one gallon each
Would some one help me identify the curling of leaves up, they are both different strains and otherwise look very healthy and happy.
Looks like leaves want to breath :volcano-smiley:
:420:
IMG_212322.JPG
IMG_212424.JPG
IMG_212725.JPG
IMG_212931.JPG
IMG_213022.JPG

Hi Willy :)
Thanks for Your tips :thanks: Would you help me pick fertilizers I have to buy them by end of this week. Im not sure what to get, I was thinking BioBizz nutrients Bio-Bloom, Bio-Grow and Top-Max. What else would I need extra do you know ? Also I will be giving them 1/4th and what will be the schedule is it every other watering I need to give nutes ?
:thanks:

looking very good. personally i have never grown autos so i will be watching.. i am new grower also so i totally understand how much information you want to absorb. i will be checking in since i am also learning with you. At 2 weeks I gave my plants a 1/4 strength of cal mag and Liquid karma. They took them like champs. Best of luck with your grow and ill be stopping by.

Hi Willy :)
Thanks for Your tips :thanks: Would you help me pick fertilizers I have to buy them by end of this week. Im not sure what to get, I was thinking BioBizz nutrients Bio-Bloom, Bio-Grow and Top-Max. What else would I need extra do you know ? Also I will be giving them 1/4th and what will be the schedule is it every other watering I need to give nutes ?
:thanks:

Hey! The fertilizers you intend to buy I haven't used...but hear good things about. Also pick up some Cal-Mag. Doing great! :goodjob:

Im in.perfect choice with the biobizz light mix.it really is great for plants awsome stuff.i use it with monster results.im a master auto grower and autos are great plants to grow.biobizz lightmix keeps things ph perfect in balance and works best with ph perfect feed.if u want magic results and trouble free grow then buy advanced nutrients .sensi grow and bloom.i use this feed.and combined with the lightmix is killer results.and no need for any ph metres or up or down.i guarentee u will not run into any problems;) best of luck il be watching;):passitleft::goodjob:

Im in.perfect choice with the biobizz light mix.it really is great for plants awsome stuff.i use it with monster results.im a master auto grower and autos are great plants to grow.biobizz lightmix keeps things ph perfect in balance and works best with ph perfect feed.if u want magic results and trouble free grow then buy advanced nutrients .sensi grow and bloom.i use this feed.and combined with the lightmix is killer results.and no need for any ph metres or up or down.i guarentee u will not run into any problems;) best of luck il be watching;):passitleft::goodjob:

Thanks for stopping by beast :thanks:
I'm reading Your grows now :) You do have so much information on autos, I love it !. I'm thinking of getting advanced nutrients with ph perfect now, thank u so much for recommendation. I love how you topped your autos :thumb:

For baby seedlings, that LED panel is undoubtedly overkill. It'll work if you find a plant-to-light distance that falls somewhere between so far they fall over and so close they cook, lol. But if you had started with smaller pots (or at least smaller diameter), you could probably have gotten by with that little screw-in LED "bulb" (depending on its actual wattage draw).

Did you start with the large pots because you are growing autoflowering strains and did not wish to end up restricting the roots at some future point, or...?

BtW, what size footprint does that little light cast at 8" / 10" / 12" ? And at what (minimum) distance from the floor do you get a fully-mixed spectrum look to the illumination that reaches the floor (as opposed to it looking like multiple "spots")?

Hello TorturedSoul :cheer: I apologize I didn't notice Your post earlier. :) Yes I started in 3Gal pots I read it was good for autos somewhere. The small light from Mars Hydro is 28W but I haven't tried using it all I would think it is perfect for seedlings. The big hydro light that is overkill for babies, I agree. I hope my next grow will be starting from a small light and move on from there. I'm trying to figure out feeding schedule for autos now, thanks for stopping by :thumb:

Star thanks and thanks for the warm welcome.if u go with the advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom ph perfect ir gna grow some big beautiful plants.u have any questions dont hesitate to ask;) good luck;)

Thanks everyone for the help on my first grow I really appreciated you guys are here looking over it :) A question: I don't have to worry about leaves curling up a little is this normal with LEDs ? I had my light 28" than I thought it was to close I moved it up to 36", than down again to 32". What would be the signs of light to close with no heat ?
Thanks guys :) :thanks::thanks:

Leaves curling up is, usually, a sign of humidity loss. It tipically occurs when there's either, too much heat, or too much wind blowing over the leaves, leeching out the moisture out of them.

In the first case, the plant tries to reduce the surface of photosensitive areas by curling up, in second case, it tries to decrease transpiration by reducing the evaporative surface using the same defense mechanism.

I'm not a betting man but I'd bet it's one of the two.

Some pictures would, definitely, help.

Back
Top Bottom