LED vendor in eastern Ontario?

PaleSun

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a recommendation for a grow shop in eastern Ontario that sells quality LED grow lights. Anywhere in the corridor Ottawa to Kingston area that sell something like HLG products.

I want to buy from a 'real store', not scAmazon. Preferably from a store you're personally familiar.

I've been growing outdoors for years with pretty good success, but would like to try some grown under longer daylight hours.

Thanks and cheers

I'm looking for a recommendation for a grow shop in eastern Ontario that sells quality LED grow lights. Anywhere in the corridor Ottawa to Kingston area that sell something like HLG products.

I want to buy from a 'real store', not scAmazon. Preferably from a store you're personally familiar.
I don't live in that area but our situations are similar. I wanted to see the lights and how they were suspended from a ceiling, or how the cords were set up, whether there were switches and where they were on the fixture, etx.

Several years ago I just went on-line and did google style searches using every set of search words I could come up with. Examples include but there are more examples that will come to mind once you start:

grow shops Ottawa
grow shops Kingston
hydroponics
hydroponic stores

Some times I had as many as 20 tabs open, each with a different shop. Then it was time to visit one or two every day after work. This ends up giving a hands on and being able to see the boss and employees in action and the lights while they are hanging and working.

Is their any specific reason you are not looking at any of our sponsors? Or is it supporting local economy
Yes, money flowing around in your own economy makes things work. Also, having a real person to talk to if I have questions about the product. The biggest reason is something that the courier companies call the Brokerage Fee. It's a rip off.

most of the best rigs aren't going to be sold in a grow shop. it sucks but it is the truth. the world has changed that way.
even the larger cdn suppliers rely on an internet presence.

a lot of shops lag in the tech as well. they have to sell the stock they have. and they don't like tying everything up in stock / selection. they may not have the best for you, but have no issue selling what they have.

with led it's best to do your research before going in to a shop. it's not that difficult.

Well here's some good news. HLG just emailed me with confirmation that their courier, UPS Worldwide, will not charge me a Brokerage Fee. That's great news...
the world has changed that way.
Sad to say you're probably right. I would have rather paid more in a retail store than pay Brokerage rip off, but this changes things.

Well here's some good news. HLG just emailed me with confirmation that their courier, UPS Worldwide, will not charge me a Brokerage Fee. That's great news...

Sad to say you're probably right. I would have rather paid more in a retail store than pay Brokerage rip off, but this changes things.

fedex is the one you want to avoid. they are awful unless you're in the states. most others will collect duty, but not add their own brokerage fees. fedex makes more money on brokerage worldwide than they do delivering goods.

Back
Top Bottom