LED vs HPS

Can you/do you not veg under them aswell? Do you notice concidersbly better yields over hps?
I veg under a Mars Hydro 300w LED unit and Viparspectra 450w LED . I flower under a Mars Hydro TSL 2000 and TS 1000. Each lights gets stronger in my grow as I also have a seedling box too. I've never used HPS before but I've followed other grows where people used both and prefer to stay with qbs . There are big factors between each light.

Yeah no worries thanks for that. I’ve only used HPS and haven’t really dabbled into different light spectrums for different periods of my grow. Veg or flower it’s straight to full 600w as I have 2 seperate tents for clones.

Just had a look at the mars TS 3000 so as long as it’s full spectrum and I can run through veg and flower that would be how I might go.

I like the idea of the solar system 1100 by California light works as I can run the same lights through veg and flower with it set on a master controller but super pricey

Hello i have had both lights , m.h and hps bulbs will out perform any led to date unless you want to spend 1500 bucks per light on q.b boards and even then you will need at least 2 of them for that size grow area , unless you have a serious heat problem , stick with the h.i.d. lights or go to the the leds from budget or mars , i run the mars ts 2000 and a 1000 ts in a 4x4x8 tent and the results are great , spending 3000 bucks plus for lighting in my opinion is just wasting money , both budget and mars make great lights , that is your choice , at the end of the day its more about genetics , a plant is only gonna yield what its genetic code will allow it to , if you can get it to 80-90 percent of its genetic code and get it there as cheap as possible that is the secret , you would have to grow a ton of plants to make that 3000 plus dollars pay for its self vs a mars or budget led at less than half that price , to me qb`s are for commercial grows or someone with a medical grow licence with a 100 plants , keep in mind every plant is very different from the one beside it, some like lots of light and some need less , and the breed (strain ) of plants has a lot to do with yield and flavor , dont get caught up in the over kill , i had a heat problem and i didnt like the idea of a bulb burning out with hid lights and not noticing it till 12 hrs later , where as led`s will 99 % of the time will only burn out 1 led on the whole board , witch still leaves a sufficient amout of light , sorry about the rant but i see so many people spending thousands of dollars on lights to get a 10 % better , is it really worth it only you can decide that .

Quantum boards from mars?
They don't sell QB's because those are made with Samsung LM301B chips, however, what they offer is similar (research 420, or PM me, for a more direct answer; they are a sponsor) if being similar is acceptable to you and if you are going to buy ready-made why not?
If their SMD chips are the ones you want; their lights will last for years, are reasonably priced and they are a 420 sponsor.
They have many satisfied customers with these lights.

Quantum boards from mars?

Please note Quantum Boards is a trademarked term by Horticulture Lighting Group. We will not use that term in respect of their trademark. Any company using the term outside of HLG is doing so without the approval of HLG.

We only use High performance diodes from Samsung or Osram not Epistar. Please note that when making your comparison and when doing research.

Please note Quantum Boards is a trademarked term by Horticulture Lighting Group. We will not use that term in respect of their trademark. Any company using the term outside of HLG is doing so without the approval of HLG.

We only use High performance diodes from Samsung or Osram not Epistar. Please note that when making your comparison and when doing research.
While QB's is a trademarked term, it has become common parlance to refer to all boards that use Samsung LM301B chips that are "clones" of HLG's as QB's.
It is those chips that are considered the best whereas the other brands are considered to be less efficient.

While QB's is a trademarked term, it has become common parlance to refer to all boards that use Samsung LM301B chips that are "clones" of HLG's as QB's.
It is those chips that are considered the best whereas the other brands are considered to be less efficient.

Totally understand. We just wanted to note any company leveraging the term Quantum Board to miss lead a client in advertising is doing so against HLG's trademark.

We will not bash HLG - we have mad respect for them. If they would have responded to our request over 1.5 years ago for custom lighting, we would not be in business today :) . We own our own our own designs and circuits now. We reversed engineered the industry they got the technology from.

a trademark? on a product name...

*goes to work*

Totally understand. We just wanted to note any company leveraging the term Quantum Board to miss lead a client in advertising is doing so against HLG's trademark.

We will not bash HLG - we have mad respect for them. If they would have responded to our request over 1.5 years ago for custom lighting, we would not be in business today :) . We own our own our own designs and circuits now. We reversed engineered the industry they got the technology from.
Reverse engineering is always cheaper to do . . . just ask the Chinese ;) Personally brand names don't matter, it is the specifications and your stuff has the specs with a much better price point then does HLG :bravo:

Hello i have had both lights , m.h and hps bulbs will out perform any led to date unless you want to spend 1500 bucks per light on q.b boards and even then you will need at least 2 of them for that size grow area , unless you have a serious heat problem , stick with the h.i.d. lights or go to the the leds from budget or mars , i run the mars ts 2000 and a 1000 ts in a 4x4x8 tent and the results are great , spending 3000 bucks plus for lighting in my opinion is just wasting money , both budget and mars make great lights , that is your choice , at the end of the day its more about genetics , a plant is only gonna yield what its genetic code will allow it to , if you can get it to 80-90 percent of its genetic code and get it there as cheap as possible that is the secret , you would have to grow a ton of plants to make that 3000 plus dollars pay for its self vs a mars or budget led at less than half that price , to me qb`s are for commercial grows or someone with a medical grow licence with a 100 plants , keep in mind every plant is very different from the one beside it, some like lots of light and some need less , and the breed (strain ) of plants has a lot to do with yield and flavor , dont get caught up in the over kill , i had a heat problem and i didnt like the idea of a bulb burning out with hid lights and not noticing it till 12 hrs later , where as led`s will 99 % of the time will only burn out 1 led on the whole board , witch still leaves a sufficient amout of light , sorry about the rant but i see so many people spending thousands of dollars on lights to get a 10 % better , is it really worth it only you can decide that .

Great thanks for that info! Being from Australia we do have temperature issues here aswell especially in summer. Air conditioning, fans an cool tubes are a big help to combat these but obviously at a high power cost so led are starting to look slit more cost effective and by the sounds of things, won’t decrease yield and quality.

We do it a little different here in aus ROI is quite easily achieved in 1 run with leftover to reset and make some bank

You run a room that size full of BudgetLed lights you're going to pull some great yields from what I've seen of their product. They are the lights I'm wanting to get to better my grow. Some day, hopefully sooner than later. Good luck, looking forward to seeing your setup.

You run a room that size full of BudgetLed lights you're going to pull some great yields from what I've seen of their product. They are the lights I'm wanting to get to better my grow. Some day, hopefully sooner than later. Good luck, looking forward to seeing your setup.

Thanks mate hopefully too, big investment and still looking into weather it’s going to be a worthy one but it’s quickly becoming apparent that led is going to be the way to go, financially and for better yields so looking forward to the future!

man u peeps need to do some thorough research.

all the quantum boards resold in the EU / US come from china - samsung 301's / meanwell drivers etc..

compare components then compare the dang prices.....

Back
Top Bottom