LED vs HPS

Chris, my cmh lights put out quite a bit of heat. If I changed to QBs, would I need to produce heat ? this is why I'm reluctant to give up my hps lights, during the winter ? :surf:
My QBs dropped easily 10f in my tent from HPS

2 pounds per plant and you got what about 6 plants per light.
So a low average of 12 pounds per light?

That's about 5.3 grams per watt.

I am happy as a pig in shyt to get 1 gr per watt with my old lights, hoping my new lights can give me about 1.5gr per watt
So I have to figure out how to get my buds 5x bigger than I have been which I dont think would even fit in my 2.5 x 5 space.
I might get lucky and squeak out about 12 oz per plant if the stars align and I hold my tongue right.
If I pulled 4 pounds from my two plants I wouldn't even know what to do with it all, I'd have to get an oil extractor and make a gallon of oil to wallow in.

What the hell do you do with about 80 pounds of bud?

20160917_101920.jpg

2 pounds per plant and you got what about 6 plants per light.
So a low average of 12 pounds per light?

That's about 5.3 grams per watt.

I am happy as a pig in shyt to get 1 gr per watt with my old lights, hoping my new lights can give me about 1.5gr per watt
So I have to figure out how to get my buds 5x bigger than I have been which I dont think would even fit in my 2.5 x 5 space.
I might get lucky and squeak out about 12 oz per plant if the stars align and I hold my tongue right.
If I pulled 4 pounds from my two plants I wouldn't even know what to do with it all, I'd have to get an oil extractor and make a gallon of oil to wallow in.

What the hell do you do with about 80 pounds of bud?

20160917_101920.jpg

Nooo mate 2 lb per plant, 1 600w light per plant. 6 plants, x6 600w lights

If you are still interested, our client said you are more than welcome to talk to them. Please dm us if still interested.

Ahh, that's closer to reality, looked like alot more plants than 6.

Yeah if I could run 12pb a light I’d be selling the info on how it’s done that’s for sure haha

Yeah only 6, try to scrog to cover 3m x 3m with a small gap either side of the middle row for access

So... almost 1.5 grams per watt, on average, reliably? That's awesome.

So... almost 1.5 grams per watt, on average, reliably? That's awesome.

Yeah it’s a pretty comfortable average, had some over stretch this run due to conditions (Australian summer) so aren’t happy with my scrog but buds are still fat and healthy. Wiki just do 2 cuts when I harvest to get a bit more size underneath.

Keeping conditions spot on is why im looking into led

Frankly, if I was capable (IOW, had the resources to) of running a large multi-light garden, it'd be HIDs all the way. But I'd model it after one of Heath Robinson's legendary grows. Either something like this:

...or one of his many other grows chronicled somewhere on the Internet. After all, if you're going to grow big, lol...

Frankly, if I was capable (IOW, had the resources to) of running a large multi-light garden, it'd be HIDs all the way. But I'd model it after one of Heath Robinson's legendary grows. Either something like this:

...or one of his many other grows chronicled somewhere on the Internet. After all, if you're going to grow big, lol...

I’ll check him out and have a look. I’ve always ran HPS and majority of people I know do aswell, most are old school and don’t want to hear about anything else. LED is the future of lighting in housing and commercial buildings so I definitely believe it will be the norm in growing soon too

I’ll check him out and have a look. I’ve always ran HPS and majority of people I know do aswell, most are old school and don’t want to hear about anything else. LED is the future of lighting in housing and commercial buildings so I definitely believe it will be the norm in growing soon too

I don't disagree. However, LED panels, by their nature, produce their light in only one direction. With multiple HID bulbs, the gardener can take advantage of the physics of the things, so to speak, and orient them vertically in a bare-bulb setup.

I don't disagree. However, LED panels, by their nature, produce their light in only one direction. With multiple HID bulbs, the gardener can take advantage of the physics of the things, so to speak, and orient them vertically in a bare-bulb setup.

From the information I’ve been looking at led vs HPS in the same wattage shows that footprint is much more even and higher from led that of HPS and depending on the shade HPS will throw a lot of night straight down aswell

Back
Top Bottom