LED vs HPS

Bigoz5114

Hey guys hope we’re well.

Looking to maybe upgrade my 600w HPS (cooltube) to LED. I have been looking at the California light works solar system 1100.

As I want to up my wattage to 1000w+ I think led will be the way to go but am not sure about the heat these lights produce and if there is a large amount of heat, how are ways people are fooling their space without being able to use cooled reflectors

I'd personally look into QBs, or quantum boards
For $1600 you can get some of the best technology available

All i use is QBs

@BudgetLED is a sponsor and has some sweet lights and can help you fill your space

What size space?

I'd personally look into QBs, or quantum boards
For $1600 you can get some of the best technology available

All i use is QBs

@BudgetLED is a sponsor and has some sweet lights and can help you fill your space

What size space?

Aweosme thanks for that I’ll check them out because heat is my main concern, 1000w+ with heat being controllable as possible.

Size is 3m wide, 4m long, 2.9m high

Yeah nice that will make a difference, around 5c where I’m from.

The cooltubes are a big help, I have good flow of cool air but the HPS are just still super hot so don’t want to have my conditions dialed in, upgrade to led and start again troubleshooting my temps

Just inline fan, and fan blowing on my lights and plant top

I'll open my flaps/door when I'm home

That's basically it

Here is a pic... Just cleaned for next run
1110190951.jpg

Just inline fan, and fan blowing on my lights and plant top

I'll open my flaps/door when I'm home

That's basically it

Here is a pic... Just cleaned for next run
1110190951.jpg

Yeah nice that seems like it will stay real cool. I have the same size tent for my clones with a 400w cooltube and fan blowing on the plants and I get the same temps as you’re getting so considerably cooler

Hey guys hope we’re well.

Looking to maybe upgrade my 600w HPS (cooltube) to LED. I have been looking at the California light works solar system 1100.

As I want to up my wattage to 1000w+ I think led will be the way to go but am not sure about the heat these lights produce and if there is a large amount of heat, how are ways people are fooling their space without being able to use cooled reflectors

Hello Bigoz5114

We have some awesome LED board kits utilizing Samsung and Osram diodes along with Meanwell Drivers. All high performance components.

Our 480w kit is our most popular design for larger tent spaces. It has a flower footprint of 4 x 4 feet or a veg footprint of 5 x 5 feet. Are you running full cycle in one tent or flower only? Also, do you grow wall to wall or is your growing footprint much less than the 3 x 4 meters you reference?

Hello Bigoz5114

We have some awesome LED board kits utilizing Samsung and Osram diodes along with Meanwell Drivers. All high performance components.

Our 480w kit is our most popular design for larger tent spaces. It has a flower footprint of 4 x 4 feet or a veg footprint of 5 x 5 feet. Are you running full cycle in one tent or flower only? Also, do you grow wall to wall or is your growing footprint much less than the 3 x 4 meters you reference?

Awesome I will check them out and have a look. What do the 480w kits equate to? Looking to run 1000w.

Size sounds good as I try to got for 1x1 footprint with my plants (metres as I’m from Australia)

With foot print I’d comfortably take up 3x3 (which is in M also)

Awesome I will check them out and have a look. What do the 480w kits equate to? Looking to run 1000w.

Size sounds good as I try to got for 1x1 footprint with my plants (metres as I’m from Australia)

With foot print I’d comfortably take up 3x3 (which is in M also)

Here is a link to one of the kits.

Here are the details on this light. We also have it in our red Spec and can make it with the Samsung LM301h. It is 480w wall draw and designed to replace a single-ended 1000 Watt HID. As shown below, it shows a bigger footprint coverage than what I said above. Below is the max.

Our Series 2+ Full Spec 480 Watt Indoor LED grow light is designed to be the ultimate full cycle light. Each kit utilizes 4 of our custom designed & truly full spectrum LED boards with Samsung LM301B, LG UV, Osram Blue 450nm, Osram Deep Red LED 660nm, and Osram Far Red 730nm. This unit is dimmable, with wattage output from 200 to 480 (+/- 5%) watts.
TOP FEATURES
  • High efficiency LED boards
  • Full-spectrum White, UV, 450nm blue, 660nm deep red, and 730nm far red
  • Reliable passive-cooled design
  • Better canopy light penetration
  • 3-year warranty
  • Designed to replace a single-ended 1000 Watt HID
  • Kit includes LED boards, driver, heatsink, dimmer, hanging kit, and wiring
SPECIFICATIONS
Power200-480 Watts
LED DiodesSamsung LM301B, LG UV, Osram 450nm, 660nm, & 730nm
Flowering Footprint4.5’ x 4.5’
Veg Footprint6’ x 6’
Dimensions26" x 20" x 3"
Recommended Mounting Height24-36 inches above canopy
Spectrum Options3000k

Ok aweosme they look good. Also I veg and flower in the same room under the same lights just on different schedules so will be using these just the same.

Do you guys post to Australia?
What fitting do they have/can you install as my timer board will require 240v 10amp plugs

10x13 foot is a pretty darn big space.
If you're trying to cover that whole space then you're going to need several large foot print lights.
More than 1000w.
Probably about 6 lights like what I just built which would be about 2000 actual watts.

20191102_142147.jpg

Nice looks like it’s in an old bathroom?

Would be definitely going with 6, currently running 6 600w on top, 2 400w in cooltubes underneath and 2x 60w 1.5m underneath on the outsides

Ok aweosme they look good. Also I veg and flower in the same room under the same lights just on different schedules so will be using these just the same.

Do you guys post to Australia?
What fitting do they have/can you install as my timer board will require 240v 10amp plugs

Yes we ship world wide. You would want the lighting in 3500k spectrum or our full spec then for full cycle.

They come standard with 120v plugs. However, we can customize here if needed. It would just add a few dollars to the order.

Yeah awesome, the 240v plugs would be the way to go and can work out the price when it comes to it.

Haven’t messed with different light for veg/grow so full spectrum would be the go for me

Great. Just message us here or through our site if you have any more questions!

Back
Top Bottom