LED vs HPS

Starting to lean towards California light works solar system 1100
Any particular reason you were drawn to that light?

That's I believe around 2.2 umols/j
Is 800w and I believe around 1700 PPFD in the center which unless you're running high C02 is meaningless because anything over about 1100 is too intense.
I think they claim it covers a 5x5 foot print which personally I dont see how you get that from a 18"x18" light.
That's a bit of a stretch, for good coverage its probably closer to 3x3.

Its $1700

Mine cost $800 and the two of them will easily cover a 3x6 space with very even coverage and its 2.8 umols/j

Starting to lean towards California light works solar system 1100

It may be worth a moment of your time to talk with one of our Canadian clients. He was running a comparison of our 480w versus clw 550 system and quickly switched out to us.

Since then they have expanded with more of our lighting. If interested, just dm us and we can get you in contact with them.

It may be worth a moment of your time to talk with one of our Canadian clients. He was running a comparison of our 480w versus clw 550 system and quickly switched out to us.

Since then they have expanded with more of our lighting. If interested, just dm us and we can get you in contact with them.

Yeah that would be good if you can do that much appreciated

Any particular reason you were drawn to that light?

That's I believe around 2.2 umols/j
Is 800w and I believe around 1700 PPFD in the center which unless you're running high C02 is meaningless because anything over about 1100 is too intense.
I think they claim it covers a 5x5 foot print which personally I dont see how you get that from a 18"x18" light.
That's a bit of a stretch, for good coverage its probably closer to 3x3.

Its $1700

Mine cost $800 and the two of them will easily cover a 3x6 space with very even coverage and its 2.8 umols/j

We grow a bit differently down under. Rule of thumb for us is 1 light per plant, can do less obviously but it’s how I’ve ran for as long as I can remember

We grow a bit differently down under. Rule of thumb for us is 1 light per plant, can do less obviously but it’s how I’ve ran for as long as I can remember

Wow

Ok

So a $1500 light for one plant

Bit excessive

That's what I have, one light per plant.
But my light is 26" x 24' so it easily covers a 3x3 foot print very evenly.
I use a SCROG so each of my plants spread out to about 2.5 x 2.5'

That's what I have, one light per plant.
But my light is 26" x 24' so it easily covers a 3x3 foot print very evenly.
I use a SCROG so each of my plants spread out to about 2.5 x 2.5'

Yeah I also scrog, try to cover 1mx1m so maybe 3.3x3.3 in feet? What light do you run?

Main reason in the built in cooling fans on top of quality parts

Yeah I also scrog, try to cover 1mx1m so maybe 3.3x3.3 in feet? What light do you run?

Main reason in the built in cooling fans on top of quality parts
I run a DIY custom built using Pacific Light Concepts Photoboost strips.
All top of the line parts, no need at all for fans, my lights runs very cool, just barely could even call it slightly warm to the touch at 325 watts and is actually chilly dimmed at 250 watts.

I comfortably get 2-2.5lb per plant, 3 depending on strain
Love to see pics of that

That's impressive

Sooooo

Why ya need help from us then....you got it dialed

I run a DIY custom built using Pacific Light Concepts Photoboost strips.
All top of the line parts, no need at all for fans, my lights runs very cool, just barely could even call it slightly warm to the touch at 325 watts and is actually chilly dimmed at 250 watts.

Ok no worries I may look into them aswell, my main issue is the heat from the HPS and wanting to upgrade to 1000w led is going to be the way to go not to mention power use.

Was looking at gavitas but they still get hot and no way to air cool

Love to see pics of that

That's impressive

Sooooo

The post is for advice on led lighting as I’ve only ran HPS. Effects on temperature mainly as I want to run 1000w equivalent. Well aware of power efficiency but don’t want to reduce yield through use of led. Research has shown me that yield and quality won’t be effected so now picking the right lights is next

Love to see pics of that

That's impressive

Sooooo

F4C3562A-1EC0-409E-9E86-FA5E365F1604.jpeg

This was last run, day 27 of flower I believe, around day 56 in total. By total I mean when they went under the big lights too

F4C3562A-1EC0-409E-9E86-FA5E365F1604.jpeg

This was last run, day 27 of flower I believe, around day 56 in total. By total I mean when they went under the big lights too

Looks fantastic

Not sure I see a 3# plant in there...but they look great

Looks fantastic

Not sure I see a 3# plant in there...but they look great

These weren’t, 3 is a really good run but 2-2.5 are the norm, these ran just shy of 2 as had a few issues early flower with over stretching due to conditions(heat) hence why I’m looking into led

These weren’t, 3 is a really good run but 2-2.5 are the norm, these ran just shy of 2 as had a few issues early flower with over stretching due to conditions(heat) hence why I’m looking into led

Ok ya lost me

2# in a grow

Or 2# per plant??

Back
Top Bottom