Heath's Latest Tree Grow

Heath

Hello 420mag and welcome to my latest tree grow, the plant is my own Chiesel = Sour Diesel x UK Cheese clone, grown from seed.

The system is recirculating hydroponics

I hope you like, if anyone has any questions, fire away!!

11039.JPG

3607.JPG

2739.JPG

4461.JPG

5357.JPG

7260.JPG

8224.JPG

9177.JPG

11215.JPG

12174.JPG

13139.JPG

14126.JPG

15116.JPG

16114.JPG

17107.JPG

18107.JPG

19100.JPG

2059.JPG

21133.JPG

22120.JPG

23109.JPG

24104.JPG

25102.JPG

Heath

Re: Heaths Latest Tree Grow

Hi Propa Gator thanks for stopping by! 3 months since i posted this thread up and you are the first reply!!! :) so just for you

here are some recent pics, the first is my V3 which I have been flipping the lights so the bulb between plants has been on 12/12 but the 2 outer bulbs have been on for 6 hours and then switching onto the other bulb for 6 hours. This has worked out great as I got 56 0z off this tree and only used the equivalent of 900w.

user3208_pic478911_1283789183.jpg

user3208_pic478910_1283789183.jpg

And here is my Chiesel which had the usual 1500w of light and weighed in at 76 0z
user3208_pic478928_1283789575.jpg

user3208_pic478929_1283789575.jpg

user3208_pic478931_1283789575.jpg

user3208_pic478930_1283789575.jpg

user3208_pic478932_1283789575.jpg

Heath

Inspirational!

YES!!! :bravo:

Well hello there, o Jedi Master of all things upright, good to see you up and around! Been awhile. Some of us were worried that you had been inadvertently sucked into one of your recirculating contraptions in some sort of endless, recursive loop as you frantically tried to disentangle yourself from swatches of some massive root system while rivers of nutrient solution pressed you against the sides of the PVC... <Help!><I'm in HERE!><Help!>

Good to see, that is not the case. Or...did you just now escape? :yikes:

:grinjoint:

Hi Propa Gator thanks for stopping by! 3 months since i posted this thread up and you are the first reply!!! :) so just for you

here are some recent pics, the first is my V3 which I have been flipping the lights so the bulb between plants has been on 12/12 but the 2 outer bulbs have been on for 6 hours and then switching onto the other bulb for 6 hours. This has worked out great as I got 56 0z off this tree and only used the equivalent of 900w...

Looks like our resident poet got here first. ;)

Branches so massive one of them split...I like it! Some of your plants put fear and awe into the minds of mere mortals, as you may have heard...
------------

I shall thusly commence with a few questions, then. To wit:

1) The first employed three lights in a twelve hour photoperiod; as in:

a) Middle light on for 12 hours
b) 1st side light comes on the first 6 of that 12hr period, then off
c) 2nd side light initiates at 6 hours into the 12hr period, then off at the same time as the middle bulb

Quite clever, that. The growth pattern(s) seem fairly uniform, all told. Have you noticed any strange phenomena from using that schedule? It is a green method, to be sure... (not much of a pun intended)

2) Have you had the occasion to employ Ceramic Metal Halides (CMH) in your garden yet? If so, how would you compare them to your (Hortilux?) Propa here's a propa-ly converted CMH fan, and has been going vertical as of late...

3)a) What's your nute and feeding schedule like for those FrankenBuds? What kind of system is that on?

3)b) Have (base) temps stayed within that 71-80F (low-high) range throughout?

4) Any problems with your Lumateks, or has it been clear sailing in open seas?

Some of us here like Propa, OB-X, and I work under the adage of 'If it's not broken, tinker with it'...whether it needs it, or not... :)
-----

Thanks very much! As you know, you're always welcome here, Heath. Stop by anytime my friend. :welcome:

Cheers mate,

-TL

P.S. If you'd registered using your last name too, I think many more folks might've found this thread before now, also...we'll just have to get the word out for ya that 'The Man of Chiesel' is back. :smokin:

Heath, your monster classic flooded tube had my synapses firing till I visualized a fooded apartment. Not a recoverable possibility. But I had to think.
Some of us here like Propa, OB-X, and I work under the adage of 'If it's not broken, tinker with it'...whether it needs it, or not... :)
Your V3 blows me away, but right away I want to improvise. I have for a day been thinking about a cross. Five bulbs, four trees. I might have heard of this configuration, but have not yet seen it. Would 400 CMH penetrate far enough to make this work? Or is the power of your 600s needed? Half your yield times four for 3 kw would be very worthy. You throw away the back-glow of the bulbs, and get 1.8 g/w. Make me drool and dream. Thanks, and + rep

fucking beautiful. amazing! You are a man after my own heart.

one question: how long did you veg for?

blessed be, and may your trees always bloom beautifully.

...Your V3 blows me away, but right away I want to improvise. I have for a day been thinking about a cross. Five bulbs, four trees. I might have heard of this configuration, but have not yet seen it. Would 400 CMH penetrate far enough to make this work? Or is the power of your 600s needed? Half your yield times four for 3 kw would be very worthy. You throw away the back-glow of the bulbs, and get 1.8 g/w. Make me drool and dream. Thanks, and + rep

For illustration purposes, let's see if my SketchUp skills are less nonexistent than I remember, Propa. Here goes:

5 x 4 Matrix

5x4_GatorDome_fnl.jpg

The nice thing about this configuration is that each plant has 3 sources of direct illumination at all times; if you push the plants in a bit (like I have in the drawing), the indirect lighting is minimal. The outer (4) bulbs could also benefit with a double-parabola (i.e. Batwing) reflector positioned sideways to recapture some of the light going towards the wall.

(Walls would hopefully be close in and painted flat white with barium sulfate (Barite) as an additive. The addition of ~30-50% BaSO4 by weight has been shown to increase reflectance of flat white paint from ~80% to ~92% (a 15% gain.) Much easier to clean/maintain than mylar (just wipe down), without the attenuating crinkles and hot spots. Mylar is never 95% under normal garden conditions, anyway. Did this in my last HPS cab and the difference was noticeable - no more mylar for me)
----------

A good step-down modification or alternative to this would probably be the following:

3 x 3 Offset

3x3_GatorDome_fnl.jpg

Here, each plant has at least 2 direct sources of illumination, and one plant has all three. Supplemental baffles or reflectors can apply, same as the above. That can also give you a better (more efficient) ratio of lights to plants (1:1 vs 1.25:1). Perhaps you can accomplish that with three 400W CMH, even?

Cheers,

-TL

There she sits under a midnight sun.
she longs for the sun but must live in fear,
she would reach out to touch the stars ever so gently;
strong yet delicate, she sits under the stars, her dreams sparkle
and her sweet aromas have driven many a wild desire,
there she sits strong and delicate
under the midnight stars
like a bird that must sing a song
she sits her her beauty,
and I must sing a song.

A FREAKING MAZING! :adore:

Nice work, and thank you for sharing it! Props to Propa for the link, or I never would have seen your setup.

Man, this really makes me want to start up the OBXperimental garden again. I want TREES!

:popcorn: I want to see more Heath. Thanks for sharing these amazing plants. Frickin' love cheese! :cheer:

My god man you give me goose bumps ,that is insanely the best plant i have ever seen. i want more yield bad but i have been trying to go opposite with more plants and less lite, you are pulling guiness book numbers, please continue and defianetly stop by my perpetual basement grow your knowledge is what i need to know, i have grown for over twenty plus years we use to grow with 1000 watt halides all the way thru nice big phat huge buds that weighed nothing, an oz was delivered in two full baggies lite and fluffy, im impressed with what i have seen you do inside, outside looking , with the love and control im speechless very nice , please stick around and let me catch on to what you are doing thank you and i will check in and out, but stop by my grow its not running ideal yet mostly from lack of money but it will be, and with what ive seen in your patch i dont even know what im doing , and i can grow consistent and its always more kronic than any i have seen by people i know, you have made me stop and scratch my head. thanks again

Heath come round mine and set my shit up man :p I'm in the UK so not far ;)

Amazing mate it really is, I only hope one day I can get half as much as your getting with that style of growing. I also just got myself a double inspection hatch Polytank and have a few farms left from my last bust :( all lights, ballasts, shades, fans, filters all gone though :(

Oh well I'll soon be up and running again real soon :D

These are just some beautiful marijuana trees, they seem like a lot more fun to grow than just a huge canopy in that you have a more intimate connection to fewer plants cause they have all your attention. I'm a newbie but thats what it looks like. Very interesting lighting arrangements, it's nice to see things done differently and yield amazing results.

Back
Top Bottom