Lemon Skunk First Grow + Poor Man's Grow

Re: Motionmans lemon skunk first grow + poor mans grow

Hey all!

A lot has happened since my last update their has been a big improvement in growth and general plant health.

MG_0129.JPG

This plant above is the one that suffered the most from the heat from a light. This is now really bushy which is odd for a lemon skunk.

And the second plant is now my fave, its younger but seems stronger.

MG_0122.jpg

The plants are on a 12/12 cycle and get watered every other day in the morning. I have the dark cycle in the day for stealth reasons. And at night the lights and fan are on. I have been using little to no nutes recently as i dont see a reason for it at this point.

I'm considering a pot change but not too sure if it's 100% necessary.

Not much else to report at the moment, its just a matter of time! ;-) the smells not as strong now i dont know why.

;-)

Update--

Hi guys plants are taller now but not much else to report.

I think my lights are not cutting it and thinking about a 125watt cfl that can be hanged but i dont have the space, do these produce a lot of heat or could i just prop it up at the back and make a reflector? any advice appreciated.

Hey mm! Looks like they're hanging in there. I don't have one of those lights but they must put out a fair amount of heat, something like 5 26w's all together. You'd need to get a fan on it I think. Good luck!

Hey Bluedog thank you for replying! i dont know what to do my lights cant be enough for putting them into flower. so not sure what to do ;-) i have a fan in their anyway its the size thats the problem at the moment.

I would look into some 2ft t5 cfl.They are pretty flexable.I think they are about 24 watts each and put out a good amount of light.You can link the lights togeather as they have extra plugs and they have mounting hardware so you can mount the clips ver/horiz.And I would also mix it up with 2700 and 6400k(yellow/blue).I also have a 125 watt cfl but it will run quite hot in such a small area.I think I like my t5 more than my 125 watt cfl.IMO things may be getting a little root bound:goodluck:

Hey turttle, things are probably getting root bound but they are still growing. I have been told by my local grow shop to not move them out of the pots their in now due to shock.
If i lost the other lights and got just the 125w cfl in their with fan would it be safe?

Is it a 125 watt cfl grow light.I have a mongal socket 125 watt 6500k grow light for veg.It would run pretty warm.Not so much as direct heat to leaves but would exhaust warm air.If you descide to run one of these IMO I think it would be to much for such a small space.You would half to run it with your dresser door open.And also for flower its best to run a spectrum in the 2700k.It is possible but best if you had a little more head room like a closet IMO.

----update-----

Well i took your advice guys as i went to the local grow shop and they sed it would run as cool as a cfl, however i also told them about my space and the main guy was like "aaa itl be cool man, if its too warm bring it back"

So i bought a light and plug:

IMAG02983.jpg

As you sed it was too warm so i took it straight back which was a pain as i moved everything about. This is a no go for my grow high 40s! Immediate reaction was to go back to e27 cfls.

So i bought two more e27s that output 2700k they were a little pricey but nothing compared to the 125w.

IMAG03004.jpg

When i took the lights back to the grow shop the main guy was a complete idiot about me bringing it back but i knew i was within my rights so just told him how it was and got my money back, wont be going their again..

I now have three CFLs one 2700k and the other two are lower but my plants loves them, their going mad now.

One more thing is i cant get y splitters here for love or money..

Im happy with how things are going with the grow its shame about the limitation of space. Any advice is always appreciated, to anyone thats given advice its really appreciated and i would of no way got this far so big up to you guys! have a good weekend all. Peace.

IMAG03023.jpg

I would look into some 2ft t5 cfl.They are pretty flexable.I think they are about 24 watts each and put out a good amount of light.You can link the lights togeather as they have extra plugs and they have mounting hardware so you can mount the clips ver/horiz.And I would also mix it up with 2700 and 6400k(yellow/blue).I also have a 125 watt cfl but it will run quite hot in such a small area.I think I like my t5 more than my 125 watt cfl.IMO things may be getting a little root bound:goodluck:

Hey turttle your probably right about them being root bound, i even have bigger pots i just dont want them to go into stress again like before, and my space limitations dont make a big difference to root space anyway. /but since i've made the draw space bigger they have grown another inch in three days.

Hey mm! Looks like they're hanging in there. I don't have one of those lights but they must put out a fair amount of heat, something like 5 26w's all together. You'd need to get a fan on it I think. Good luck!

Hey blue, even with a fan it was crazy hot in their and humidity got to the top of the plant quickly.

Hey motion man I am not sure if they sell these in your neck of the woods but here is a little example of a 2ft t5.These 2 are 2700k I have 2 more 6500 in my veg box but any way they come with removable mounts that are a simple screw in.I like to hang them from each corner and they pute out very little heat.My tent is 2x4ft:peace:
P1012753.JPG
P1012755.JPG

Hey dude thanks for the images, thats a nice set up you have going on their. I thought about t5s when i was on the hunt for better lights. However here they get quite pricey for low spec lighting. I also cant hang them like you have done, if i could get a tent like that i would though. I have realised the limitations i have and their restraining my grow dramatically. But it's ok i cant do much about it.

---update---
I have re potted into slightly fatter pots now and they were root bound to say the least. so hopefully they can settle in a little better.

Hey bro just thought I'd stop in and check on your plants. I gotta say they are looking great, nice and green means they are healthy. I'm liking the new set up you have going. Soon you wont be considered a newb anymore, I've seen you've already been helping people with there problems including mine. And thats one of the best things when you can take what you've learned and pass it on. So congrats on everything bro and I'll be stopping by time from time.

---Update---

Hey all

Firstly id like to say that i know this thread is small but i hope that you find it of interest. Its been a while since i updated but thats because of how things have been going.

the plants have changed a lot since 12/12. They grew so much that they have out grown the space. My next grow i will concentrate on a single plant to keep things simple.

IMAG03283.jpg

This is a shot from the outside of the space i have.
i have two plants still. This plant is to the left and is not doing so well. It has struggled with the space i have. As i should only have one plant at a time, it has no flowering signs apart from crystal leaves.

IMAG03272.jpg

the picture above is the second plant this was the runt of the two and has now been the most successful. I think this is because its nearest to the fan but im not sure.

IMAG03263.jpg

Above again is the same plant.

i have had some nutrient problems but flushing them they both came back within 12 hours.

I would like to know how long it takes for the actual flowers to grow into buds? how long should i expect?

Will update some time next week. Hope alls good

I have also stripped my lights, i got rid of all the plastic and just used the wires. i did this so i could hang the lights from hooks in the space i have. I have two lights at the moment but i could have three, but heat restrains me at the moment.

Hey mm have you thought about culling the plant that's not doing well? With your space maybe just grow the flowering runt the best you can. One happy plant will be better than 2 unhappy ones imo.

You will have 7-10 weeks from when flowers first appeared. Good luck!

Hi blue thanks for the reply. I didnt think about it until u sed. However it does make sense. What could i do with the it though. Could i use any of it? Its had long enough to flower now. And it would benafit the other on more so are snip later today. Hope alls good

Yeah I would clip it too. More light for the runt and probably better yield off one. That other one is just holding it back. I would pack as much light as possible in there. Do you have a vent above the lights?

Hey Joebong

I have a fan in the bottom corner bringing in fresh air, the two lights i have a t the moment seem to be doing ok, i can fit three in their but it didn't seem necessary. I now have a box that in for veg. So we shall see how that goes as well. Are upload some pictures soon. Thanks for commenting!

Hey mm have you thought about culling the plant that's not doing well? With your space maybe just grow the flowering runt the best you can. One happy plant will be better than 2 unhappy ones imo.

You will have 7-10 weeks from when flowers first appeared. Good luck!

The second plant has now just gone into flower, although i snipped the top as it was a space hogger. Not sure what to do with it, are give it a few more days to see what goes on.

Back
Top Bottom