Lemon Skunk First Grow + Poor Man's Grow

Re: Motionmans lemon skunk first grow + poor mans grow

You should not be adding any nutes whatsoever for at least the first 2 weeks of plant life. If your soil has nutes in it, then no adding nutes for at least 3 weeks. Adding nutrients this early can be a fatal mistake.

Good luck man!

hey smokey! they are about a month now maybe a bit longer so i dont know what the hells going on as the soil has no nutes.

Maybe try letting them have some fresh air for a day or two (the ones that are green). Just pop those domes off and don't spray or water them until the pots feel really light. You want the plant to make a good root system, but if they are constantly watered, the roots will not spread as quickly. And the growth above ground really won't kick off until the plant has built itself a solid root system.

Yeah bro even if its been a month those plants aren't near big enough to handle nuts don't go by age as much as how big they are. Until they have at least 5 or 6 nodes do not add nutes!

Also I'd personally go with the white widow myself. I've heard great things. I killed mine lol but I hope to try again soon. Keep it up bro and good luck!

Skunk is realy the easyest.Seedlings are pretty slow.What spectrum of light are you using.A plane white light bulb is not recamended.A CFL bulb soft 2700 and blue 5000k is more Ideal for growing plants.I see you have some leaves staring on one.May be time for some fresh air or let soil dry out between waterings.Another thing that may help a lot is a heat mat.Really cant go wrong by putting them in a window seal if sunny out as long as its not to direct.If you want to try to give it a drop of nutes I wouldnt do any more than a drop of calmag or some root enhancer type product.But all in all just be patient some times it just takes a while.My ice seed took over a month in a half till it started growing then just took off.:peace:

Ok thanks guys thats cool are hold on the nutes. and yea trying to dry them out is on the top of my list at the moment. Do you think putting them on a window sill whilst the radiator is on would help? I looked at a heat mat, for lizards ha ha! but avoided the expense.

Here is another problem ha!
Potassium maybe?

Their are light brown spots on the leaves! aaaa!
IMAG02301.jpg

Anyway ignoring plants hope everyone is having a good weekend!
cheers all!

Hello it can be a pain some times,I just read your grow you have been getting the best of help and I believe it all works out.
Just a question sense space is a problem why did you not consider growing runts(auto-flower)? I think you would have a lot better yield.
best of luck
br

Your stalk looks a little skinny.You might have a small root davelopment issue.Looks like your soil holds a lot of moisture in my opinion I would let dry out between watering maybe a drop of anything that supports healthy roots.All the plants energy right now is focused on root davelopment.To me it seems shes been overwatered and roots cant breath.

I would recomend more light, if you are worried about temps crack the drawer open a inch or so during the lighting phase, you shouldnt have to worry about smell at this time

Hello all well its been a while!

I must be the most stupid grower ever seriously i am a self confessed idiot!

I put another light a spot to be precise 40watt near the plants and they were doing so well they loved it and started to branch out and things were awesome.

Braynes your right i should of however i didn't even know that they existed then lol, this is a real experiment. But thanks for looking and are return the favor the people of 420 are better than any guide!

turttle you are right my man! their has been serious drainige issues and i manually have to help drain them via drying with a stronger light and a fan. But i think thats just too much watering.

Anyway the light that they loved i put into the draw as i couldn't keep one draw out for stealth reasons lol.

And i placed this light into the draw and i forgot about it overnight and i cooked them, they are doing well again now however but want a school boy error, i was so gutted!

Things are coming together now and i have two very good looking plants. ones still a little bit burnt. and i removed the light again.

I NEED SOME ADVICE

i have to leave my plants for two days and theirs no one about to look after them, do i leave them? or do i move them? the temps here are in the minus in the day at the moments and moving them to a warm car for an hour and a half might put too much stress on them.

Any ideas on what i should do? im not losing them for xmass!!

I NEED SOME ADVICE

i have to leave my plants for two days and theirs no one about to look after them, do i leave them? or do i move them? the temps here are in the minus in the day at the moments and moving them to a warm car for an hour and a half might put too much stress on them.

Any ideas on what i should do? im not losing them for xmass!!

Ok so first of all do you have a light timer? if not then go get one! Then your lighting issue is solved. Second if you can keep them where you are and its out of eyes sight and warm then don't move them, and just maybe overwater them a bit, not to much but enough that by the time you get back it will still be a bit moist. As far as moving them to a car for an hour or so I think that will cause a lot of stress and you have a chance of someone seeing your plants which could cause some problems. Anyway hope I could help and good luck!

Hey
"i have to leave my plants for two days and theirs no one about to look after them, do i leave them? or do i move them? the temps here are in the minus in the day at the moments and moving them to a warm car for an hour and a half might put too much stress on them."

I got to go with "tnoldon" on this do not take them with you, find some way to kept them say 65-70f a heating pad,60watt lamp,left on radio, find a little heat if they are not very warm they will use less water,take care they are strong they will make it.
happy vacation
br

--UPDATE--

Ok so a lot has happened again since the last time, i did mention the heat damage and this is what happened, the picture was at its peak in damage, i was so stupid to let this happen but you wont be catching me doing this again!

IMAG02463.jpg

The second was i had to move the plants and it was a bit of an ordeal, ignoring the advice i still had to move them it was the only thing i could do, i have a timer but still i wasn't going to risk it.

Their now back and things are looking good, the fans been on for a few hours moving them about a little to get a good stem going!

picture of them being moved about five days ago:

IMAG02614.jpg

And now:

IMAG02636.jpg

It shows how little i know! the plant to the right is the younger plant of the two!

I will ph the soil later and maybe water, they get sprayed all the time but the soil drys quickly so i think its necessary to water them every week now. Does this sound about right?

Also should i remove the old yellow leaves? and out of interest if i went twelve twelve now into flower ow much would the plant yield?

Hey MM glad they made it through the moving around. Don't fret about burning your girl, it happens and they'll survive. You should be watering when the pots feel light/dry.

I can't see much in your pics of the plants themselves, mostly just the glare of the lights. How big are they?

Yield is a function of a lot of things.... nutes, medium, strain, size and lighting probably in reverse order. In the right environment with the right plants you can get 2 oz or more going 12/12 from seed. Post some better pics when you get time and I'll give you my best guess, which probably isn't worth much. Good luck!

I think I would let them recover from the moving around, and the nuke burn,wait for healthy leaves before budding, also how tall are they? the stretch is 2or 3 times they are now.Is this plant going to be the size you want at that ratio? will you get a good harvest, keep at it.
br

--Update--

Below are some size pictures.

With the talk of maybe putting the plants into flower as i only have a small space, i'm wondering how much the plans could produce at this stage.

IMAG02694.jpg

I only did size pictures of one plant.

IMAG02674.jpg

Image of the plants from above.

IMAG02653.jpg

apologies for the blurry images didn't realise.

Anyone know how i can improve my leafs health?
;-)

Not 100% sure on this but if it's like my plants when you start the 12/12 light cycle the plants will double in size so just imagine your plants 2x bugger then they are and I'm guessing you'd get maybe one decent sized bud from each and a few small pop corn buds from both.

That sounds about right Tn, they're actually about the size that I like to switch the lights... maybe another week of vegging.

MM try taking some better pics of the leaves.... sorry but my eyes aren't the best anymore.

Back
Top Bottom