Light green tops of plant

CMan

420 Member
I am running Deepwater culture. The tops of the plant turn light green, the center of the top. Growth seems to be slow. Roots turned just a bit tinted when I had it some nutrients. What would cause this? Water seems clean

Attachments

• 87557E12-F1A1-4322-BE7D-4D603FE98A4B.jpeg
    87557E12-F1A1-4322-BE7D-4D603FE98A4B.jpeg
    702.3 KB · Views: 117
Looks like serious iron issues

Welcome Cman to 420 magazine will get you some help . If you would check out the helpful links for new members below on this post. Dwc you’ll find plenty in here . What kind of nutrients, how much , is the ph between 5.5-6.0 ? Temp of your water ? Type of light ? Ect.

It shows iron issues. I have run this strain in the system before. Deep water culture, undercurrent system. I was thinking maybe the roots have issues and not upta

That seems to be an iron issue. Running deep water culture, undercurrent system. I have run this strain in the system before sometimes I have less problems than other times. Maybe the roots have an issue which is locking out nutrients. I added nutrients to the system and topped off with plain water then bam....this shows up. How would one go about curing this...appreciate info.

PH 6.3. Cultured solutions at 220 ppm. No additives. Using some UC Roots. Water is fresh only been running a few weeks so no razz change yet.

I topped off system with plain water then added nutrients. I added more light since leaves were a bit light colored. Leaves became darker green but then a few days and this iron problem came up.

my opinion not enough nutrients and stay at 7.0 ph, go a little hotter at least 100. Is it water soluble?
what is the ppm of your fresh water? What is your ppm after adding nutrients?

Just a suggestion, you may want to re-read Chris Scorpio's replies, and then look at his journals. You'll see his kind replies to your questions are from years of experience and knowledge. Good luck with your grow.
so as a newbie here I am lost as to where his journal is at exactly. I have seeds coming and was hoping to do one myself. I use soil today but clone with aeroponics, I use to grow only aeroponics with much success in and out but went back to soil, less baby sitting, plus I grow for myself, no one else, other than my beautiful wife, we consume 4lbs a year of flower and leaf, dried. So I want to boost learn how to do it better, because I know there is a better way. Michigan is still in the strange side of 420 and I want to make sure we do it the right way not the wrong. A student still after all these years.

my opinion not enough nutrients and stay at 7.0 ph, go a little hotter at least 100. Is it water soluble?
Cultured solutions nutrients which has no organic things keeps everything clean. Fresh water is at zero with nutrients 200. PH 5.8 to
Oh my goodness

I run DWC

But you got this, good luck
Chris Scorpio. So...I am just letting things run a bit and see if I get anything to clear up. I seem to have slow growth. The roots seems a bit tinted and brown but lots of white too meaning not all white roots like it should be. PH being at 5.8. It was at 6.3 so I dropped ph to 5.8. Ph is stable. Cultured solutions nutrients will bring the ph to an appropriate level when you add the nutrients so I really think that is not the issue. Nutrient strength at 200 ppm is at a low level. I could bring it lower to get roots more developed but really it should handle this level by now. Change out on the rezz? How do you do a system change?? Sometimes I have problems when I do the change out.

Back to the tops being light green or even white. This happened as soon as I topped off with fresh water and added nutrients. The roots then became a tinted brown. I think I did some sort of shock to the roots. Maybe the fresh water maybe too much nutrients or the nutrients added to quickly. I cleanse a bit and am waiting to see if they clear up a bit. Maybe with healthier roots I would get proper nutrients uptake is my thought. I could cut them all ...start over which I may do if they do not clear up.

I ask what if anything can I do to save these and get them healthy again. ?? Thanks scorpio for you attention etc.

This does not sound good to me, I will still stick with not enough something, nutrients more than likely. I have never used the nutrients you are using, but a simple water soluble nutrient should do the trick. I know there are a lot of theories on ph but I will say that 7.0 is neutral and the plants love it that way from my experience. The other factor is what stage are the plants in or were in? To how much to give them, in the past I have removed plants from my system, washed the roots off with clean water and put into a 5 gallon bubbler to revive to good health, but this will take time and there are no guarantees to reviving. Good luck.

Welcome, since I know nothing about hydro grow, I'm going to pull up a couch and learn.

Wick . . . :popcorn:

This does not sound good to me, I will still stick with not enough something, nutrients more than likely. I have never used the nutrients you are using, but a simple water soluble nutrient should do the trick. I know there are a lot of theories on ph but I will say that 7.0 is neutral and the plants love it that way from my experience. The other factor is what stage are the plants in or were in? To how much to give them, in the past I have removed plants from my system, washed the roots off with clean water and put into a 5 gallon bubbler to revive to good health, but this will take time and there are no guarantees to reviving. Good luck.
You run your ph at 7 in DWC? That seems really high. Recommenced is 5-5.5. There’s a reason for that haha.

Back
Top Bottom