Lil' Girls - Various Strain Continuous Grow Journal

Yah dude i didn't even think bout that good call lol i get so caught up in the friendliness of the community sometimes i forget that prying eyes could potentially be lurking:rollingeyes:and i've been to a couple like that pretty lame honestly bunch of nose in the air know it all types i'll just compare crops with the grower homies i have lol:grinjoint:now that i think bout it didn't share my last crop with any of my grower friends cuz of the low yield and short time it was around it'll be nice to show up with buds i grew instead of showin up to buy some of what they grew:smokin:that's great bout the papaya man is one of those the male or do you already have the pollen? and I can't believe rhino made your tounge numb that's a great sativa brotha:bravo:
&
dude I'm so interested in this sap thing maybe it has thc in it and you can get some straight weed plant syrup straight from the trunk vermont style lol:yahoo:

hahaha I know how you feel man. I too get caught up in the exitement. I might meet a person or two from here, but not a mass meeting. ;)
I don't trade with many people usually either hahaha, but have a few people who I like trading genetics with, and such. It's a nice way to save money on strains if you can trust the people you get them from. Thats how I got my Cindy99. Alot of people I'm weary about, especially dispensaries when it comes to genetics. What do they care if the clones get mixed up or aren't even the right strains, or are from clones of clones of clones and genetically weak, or not the best of phenotypes. The list goes on. but maye we can meet up sometime for a hike or a beer. who knows. :grinjoint:

About the weird sap stuff, I dunno, but here are a few pics. It's only on the lower leaves and seems to happen while the plant is sucking the nutes out of them durring the flush right before they totally die and I pick them off. When you wipe it off of the leaf and rub your fingers you can see it is actually dark purple rather than black as it appears on the stem.
A_Stem_Sap_010.jpg

A_Stem_Sap_001.jpg

A_Stem_Sap_009.jpg

A_Stem_Sap_002.jpg

If you 420ers have any Ideas what this could be, pipe up!

hahaha I know how you feel man. I too get caught up in the exitement. I might meet a person or two from here, but not a mass meeting. ;)
I don't trade with many people usually either hahaha, but have a few people who I like trading genetics with, and such. It's a nice way to save money on strains if you can trust the people you get them from. Thats how I got my Cindy99. Alot of people I'm weary about, especially dispensaries when it comes to genetics. What do they care if the clones get mixed up or aren't even the right strains, or are from clones of clones of clones and genetically weak, or not the best of phenotypes. The list goes on. but maye we can meet up sometime for a hike or a beer. who knows. :grinjoint:

About the weird sap stuff, I dunno, but here are a few pics. It's only on the lower leaves and seems to happen while the plant is sucking the nutes out of them durring the flush right before they totally die and I pick them off. When you wipe it off of the leaf and rub your fingers you can see it is actually dark purple rather than black as it appears on the stem.
A_Stem_Sap_010.jpg

A_Stem_Sap_001.jpg

A_Stem_Sap_009.jpg

A_Stem_Sap_002.jpg

If you 420ers have any Ideas what this could be, pipe up!
dude i hear yah on the bad genetics and such i to am weary and have to see someones grow and check the different plants and see the pheno of the mother were my clone came from in flower because as you said what do they care in the long run; however i have found a few places that i trust and take seriously for clones my fav being sweet leaf, I'm trying hard to pick up a monkfish from them right now just gotta pull the cash together but, yeah dude def down for a hike or a beer or a hike a beer and a bowl sometime just let me know man
&
that sap thing is wicked my buddy actually had something similar but just at the base of the trunk on a 6' badass white widow and he said when he looked at it @ 1000x power on his digital table microscope that it consisted mainly of sugar or at least thats what he said the make-up was most comparable to I only saw pictures of the plant and the sap not up close but it looked real similar to that just little beads seeping out at different points you should test that stuff and see if he was right bout the sugar thing(he's kinda a know it all haha)good growin to yah brotha:Rasta:

dude i hear yah on the bad genetics and such i to am weary and have to see someones grow and check the different plants and see the pheno of the mother were my clone came from in flower because as you said what do they care in the long run; however i have found a few places that i trust and take seriously for clones my fav being sweet leaf, I'm trying hard to pick up a monkfish from them right now just gotta pull the cash together but, yeah dude def down for a hike or a beer or a hike a beer and a bowl sometime just let me know man
&
that sap thing is wicked my buddy actually had something similar but just at the base of the trunk on a 6' badass white widow and he said when he looked at it @ 1000x power on his digital table microscope that it consisted mainly of sugar or at least thats what he said the make-up was most comparable to I only saw pictures of the plant and the sap not up close but it looked real similar to that just little beads seeping out at different points you should test that stuff and see if he was right bout the sugar thing(he's kinda a know it all haha)good growin to yah brotha:Rasta:

Hmmm. I'll have to check into sweetleaf. do you know if they carry seeds to? NOT feminized? I'm more into that than clones since I can get them when I have the funds and grow them whenever I have the space. Plus you dont have to drive around with a plant.

I'll let you know if I get out that way sometime, maybe throw out some clones by lookout. ;)

About the sugar/sap stuff, yea it tasted sugary, but I cant emagine how it wouldn't contain some cannabinoids this late into bloom. I dunno how I would test it short of a Brix meter, but hopefully someone here chimes in with some knowledge.

I just gave the 2 papaya teens a physical, and unfortunatly I think that they're both Female. I was really hoping for a male, but I'll just use heat stress to hermy it out for seed. Breeding was the main reason that I got those so I'm kinda Miffed, but at least I got 2 different Phenos to work with, so it's all good. I also have a bunch of other seed to sprout later, so I'll just use patients and the Force to will a male out of maybe the MasterKush or Purple #1.

Hmmm. I'll have to check into sweetleaf. do you know if they carry seeds to? NOT feminized? I'm more into that than clones since I can get them when I have the funds and grow them whenever I have the space. Plus you dont have to drive around with a plant.

I'll let you know if I get out that way sometime, maybe throw out some clones by lookout. ;)

About the sugar/sap stuff, yea it tasted sugary, but I cant emagine how it wouldn't contain some cannabinoids this late into bloom. I dunno how I would test it short of a Brix meter, but hopefully someone here chimes in with some knowledge.

I just gave the 2 papaya teens a physical, and unfortunatly I think that they're both Female. I was really hoping for a male, but I'll just use heat stress to hermy it out for seed. Breeding was the main reason that I got those so I'm kinda Miffed, but at least I got 2 different Phenos to work with, so it's all good. I also have a bunch of other seed to sprout later, so I'll just use patients and the Force to will a male out of maybe the MasterKush or Purple #1.

yeah i hear yah on the driving round with a plant thing very nerveracking and a cause of many broken trunks but as far as seed go I don't know if they carry non femmed seeds but i have some non femmed AK-47 i think i have 4 now cuz i germed two and i could spare those whenever you get up this way and bummer man i knew you were rootin for a male on those two but hey man can't change the way they want to sex so stress em out and make em wish they were dudes haha

yeah, one of these days i'll keep one....but for now, haven't found the right guy yet....may like to see a purple/sour diesel mix....but who knows what would turn out from that....i imagine it would be fairly unstable, as i know the s.d. is not ibl....and i would bet the can. purple isnt either....would never know what kind of a clone or seed you would get for a long time....yes, i enjoy talking with you also...my biggest problem right now is time....not enough of it.....i kind of have a routine that i follow and at times it gets really hectic, but, i bet the same for others.....i also paint, digital art, and collage art...and special projects (art) for people, usually barter....so i keep fairly busy....then this time of yr. the veg. garden starts getting priority....we just got some baby layers, and they are a job in their selves, but the hubby is doing most of that, thank G....any time, you're more than welcome....and uh, didnt we just smoke that bowl? later, lavendar:rollit::cheer:

I know how you feel. trying to pick the best one. Sometimes the accidents are my favorite. Back in 2003 I had a Mikado x Mighty Mite male cross with a Flo2 and an NL#9 and both of the crosses came out phenominal. There was variation ofcourse, but for me the fact that each seed will be different is great cuase I'll just keep the 1st clone from the seed, bloom it and if I like, keep the mom around as long as possible. The mystery is half of the fun girl! I hear you about the veggies. I already replanted last years Dahlia and Oriental lillies, and a few habanero, jamaican Red, and Cayenne peppers, romain, iceburge, and grand rapids lettuce, and various basil. My Fall gold raspberries are in year 2 so I should get something off of it this year. I'm still waiting a week or 2 for the tomatos and cucumbers and after that my space will be filled and I can just sit back, water, and drink a beer. I hope your getting close to that point. its nice your hubby does that part of it. I am stand-alone gardener here, so I'm swamped. lol ...about tht bowl, how about another?

Talk to you later Lavendar!

The plants look super healthy and tastee. I can't wait to find out about the molasses/resin stuff seeping out.

:nicethread::peacetwo::Rasta:

Thanks for stopping by PapaGreen! there about ready too. It's hard not to just chop them now, but I know the flush will be the Dealmaker. I might even flush for a couple extra days. Maybe........cough. maybe.

It will be nice to hear some other opinions about the gooey stuff coming out. I'm pretty sure now tht it is from the plant and not bacterial/fungi, but don't remember ever having a plant do this. WeIrD, huh?

yeah i hear yah on the driving round with a plant thing very nerveracking and a cause of many broken trunks but as far as seed go I don't know if they carry non femmed seeds but i have some non femmed AK-47 i think i have 4 now cuz i germed two and i could spare those whenever you get up this way and bummer man i knew you were rootin for a male on those two but hey man can't change the way they want to sex so stress em out and make em wish they were dudes haha

Yea, I know all about the nerve thing. Unfortunatly. I'll give them a call and find out about the seeds when I'm more in need, or maybe sooner rather than later since that godamn bill passed yesterday. I just hope that senate doesnt' pull the vote on it in november. fuckers. Oh, sorry about that. Did you hear about it? if it passes it could (and probably will) shut down 80% of colorado dispensaries AND give the county the option to vote them out of the county. GRRRRRR..

Anywho, If you do get a male, let me know before you kill it and maybe we can arrange something if it's a strain I'm interested in breeding. who knows right?

Yea, I think i'll stress the clone of the stronger phenotype for seed. even though they will be 'feminized' I'll still get a male out of that seed stock eventually, just lower ratios. Plus it'll be Next gen! WOOHOO! (I'm trying to be optomistic, can you tell?) ;)
Till' next time..........J

NEXT UP-------UPDATE/DOMINATION OF CINDY PHOTOS

GARDEN UPDATE-----CINDY99 PLANT DOMINATION PHOTOS----

Ok. So, last week I took cuttings from my Cindy99 and White Rhino MOMS and now they are out of the dome. The moms were overgrowing my small 2x2x3' veg area, so I put each into a trashcan and drove them over to a fellow caregivers house. I purchased a waterfarm for each and got them set up under a 400 hps and switched to 12/12 right away. I will not be taking photos of the MOMS anymore. I'll update with progress, but I only photograph my 'personals' garden. not patient gardens, and such. they are about 2' each, and are going directly into an aggresive hydroponic bloom regimend. I admit it sucks that I have to go over there to take care of my moms since he's never used a waterfarm, and is new at growing, but I guerentee they will kick total ass. Last cut I took about 30 cuttings off of each mom, so since I cut at the nodes they should have about 60 budsites each plant + or - a few. I hollow out the centers like the wise apple tree to increase air circulation thru the canopy, and will wrap the plant with chicken wire to ensure no branches snap with the weight while I'm away. I'm feeding them with a similar fertilixer regiment that I use now, but with GH Flora as the base. (we also have a few aerogardens going with Dutchmasters) so it's quite the project. ;) But like I say "No one talks about fightclub" so I'll leave it at that. no pics. they are all Cindy99 though. Exept the WR mom. WOOHOO! And all legal and under the limit for patients.

....anyways, tonight I took one cutting from each of the 2 papaya teens tonight at the 3rd node. leaving 6 branches (yes they are branchy girls) and 3 nodes (including the one I cut for burying) on the clones. I checked with a nifty magnifying glass this morning, and to my dismay they were both female. they were regular seed, and I bought them for breeding, so I was hoping for a male, but will isolate a female clone, and stress till it hermys and collect pollen for selective breeding via almighty Q-tip tek. thats later though.

I also am putting 1 plant into bloom saturdy so I dominated it tonight and took pictures just after. Its a cindy99 that I cloned about a month ago, and have been topping it at every few internodes to maximize bud sites. I then drill holes strategically and use a smaller guage bonzai wire to bend down the older branches to seperate them for more spacing and therefore better light penetration. I also pinch any growth points lower on the plant to ensure that the plant will focus on higher bud sites closer to the light. this ensures large buds and alot of them while maintaining a smaller plant.

here are some pictures of my latest gardening so you can kinda see what I'm doing with her, and a few of my new baby Cindy99 moma. ENJOY!

Cindy99 New mama clone.
Cindy_Domination_018.jpg

Cindy_Domination_019.jpg

Cindy99 Plant domination. Do it this way and F**K supercropping. this works better. even in emergencies!!! (sorry about the language, but we're all adults here!)
Cindy_Domination_003.jpg

Cindy_Domination_001.jpg

Cindy_Domination_003.jpg

Cindy_Domination_012.jpg

Cindy_Domination_009.jpg

Cindy_Domination_006.jpg

Cindy_Domination_008.jpg

Cindy_Domination_014.jpg

Cindy_Domination_015.jpg

She has been topped since the end of the first week out of the dome. I've already taken 23 cuttings off her, and now she's ready to go. just waiting for the harvest, and she's going into bloom the same day. Her branches will bend to the light, and the topped doubles will stretch durring the 1st week of bloom, so I might Dominate the taller branches a little more then to even out the canopy.

Please feel free to drop a line and let me know what you think, and if you have any tips for me to consider.

Also if you know of any tips on stressing a girl to hermie for feminized breeding I'd like to hear from you!

Peas

....and carrots Jenny ;)

:yummy::thumb::slide::thumb::yummy:

I just like to add that if you live in colorado and are a medical marijuana patient you should ask how you can help colorado stay legal by emailing the state senators, and contact your local dispensaries to find out what you can do to be a part of the legalization and help fight against this backward movement within our state.

Don't just sit on the sidelines and hope for a better future, get involved and be a part of it!

j.l.
sounds like some real turmoil going on there....yes, be involved....ahhhh, tell me about the bonsai wire ect...and how you did your plants....how tall total do they get ect...i like the looks of the plants...but where do you get the wire? details please....thank you, lavendar:yummy::yummy:

damn jason did not see that i don't watch the news just can't stand it always so negative however, if there i soemthing going on that could feasabley close 80% or all of colorados dispensaries the i need to find out what i can do :thumb: thanks for the heads up man i'm gonna getto emailing and researching today

j.l.
sounds like some real turmoil going on there....yes, be involved....ahhhh, tell me about the bonsai wire ect...and how you did your plants....how tall total do they get ect...i like the looks of the plants...but where do you get the wire? details please....thank you, lavendar:yummy::yummy:

Hi Lavendar. thanx for stopping by.

Yea, this new bill/proposition/whateveryoucallit is a real big step backwards. Their even talking about making caretakers pay fees or something, but shutting down 80% of dispensaries? thats rediculous. I cant stand the US government anymore. If I think about how twisted they are I literally start to get sick to my stomach. On top of that they're introducing fees upwards of 50,000 a year for dispensary owners. This will kill most locally owned shops, and promote more of the bigwig/corporate 'McSpencaries' as I like to call them. Ok, I'm getting sick, so i'll stop.

...On a lighter note, You don't have to use bonsai wire. I DO prefer it because you can just twist it like a twisty tie and it holds, not knots required. You can also use any strong twine, or horticultural plant tape (you know the green clear stuff) But you can go on google, and do a search for 'Buy Bonsai Training Wire' and a bunch of options pop up. Most will ship.
I prefer the 1mm width wire. I get it from Here vvvvv
BONSAI TRAINING WIRE From Buybonsai.com

The trick is to generally know how much your plants will stretch when bloom is initiated. for example Cindy99 only stretches about a foot or so, so I'll cut the growth tips every node or 2 for a while to make a small bush, let it grow a few nodes and repeat once I have enough new growth to clone. I take cuttings even if I dont need them just to try new techniques with the cuttings, and for experimental purposes. Once I get between 5 to 10 branches + or - on the plant (depending on how much horizontal room I have for the plant) I'll let it just grow for a little while, about 2 weeks. By now the plant has a thick stem to support all of the branches, which will also be thickening up due to the topping. You want the stems to be semi-woody, but the harder the branches the more dificult it'll be unless you progressivly dominate the branches as they grow. Like bonsai. anyways, I'll make a loop around the top of the branch stem a few times larger than the branch width, drill a hole in the top lip of the pot about 1/4" from the top, slowly and carefully bending the branch from near the top by the wire, and loop it thru the hole, and twist a few times so it wont give or loosen. I bend each branch toward the nearest edge generally in a symetrical pattern and leave a branch in the middle if possible.
At this point you can veg the plant a bit to allow the branches to get to desired height minus stretch height and a little just incase it stretches more than you plan. I have about a 3 foot max, so with the cindy99 I;ll try to get the plant to a foot and a half and throw it into bloom. after the stretch and bud growth they are roughly 2.5-3' tall. if the plant stretches more than you were expecting during the initial bloom stretch you can repeat the Domination by bending the new growth back down and tying to the pot or lower branch. I had to do this last time. I'll post a pic so you get a better Idea. Also, instead of supercropping you can do this and actually bend the branches into an inverted U which will additionally strengthen the stem AND lower the branch more than supercropping. your stem will grow back up and look like an 'S-hook' if you know what I mean. I also will pinch or cut the growth tips/budsites on the lower 1/2 to 1/4 of the plant (leaving the leafs alone) to get larger top buds and less popcorn nugs. This plant Domination is also what TGA Subcool uses rather than supercropping I believe.

this shows how I bent and tied a second time with Chrystal It was my 2nd cindy99 and I undercompinsated for the stretch. notice how it thickens the stem just like supercropping.
Cindy_Domination_020_1_.jpg

Cindy_Domination_020.jpg

Here is Cindy99/1 'Candy' I bloomed early since it was my first cindy99 and I was totally unsure of the stretch I only dominated the 2 taller branches to even out the canopy.
Cindy_Domination_020_3_.jpg

Cindy_Domination_020_2_.jpg

I hope that this helps. If I missed anything let me know!!!

:thumb::peacetwo:

Tomorrow is harvest day for the White Rhinos! WOOHOO! I might wait a little longer on cindy99/1 tho. Chrystal seems like she's loving the flush and is gonna get some fall colors. She isn't as amber as the rhinos, so it'll be nice to allow her darken up in the trichs!

UPDATE-----------

The Rhinos are absoluly begging to be cut, so tomorrow it shall. That makes exactly day 60. A bunch of the cylaxessess near the top are turning purple on the tips and the leaves are gaining a slightly orange/pink hue. The Cindy99/1 (Chrystal) is getting some nice purple fall colors on the leaves, but not buds. I think I'm gonna leave her in for a few extra days to get that One special Gorgeous shot for plant of the month. maybe. Hey, I can dream, right?
The instant that I cut out the Rhinos the New Cindy99/3 (Which I've named Medusa) will be incorperated into my Bloom area. She is all about blooming now. After dominating her she is all about doing what I want. ;) Also, my Bloom area is in a less than Ideal spot, if I have company over their most likely to go near it, so I wanted to move it into my bedroom. Friends of course, but the less question the better even though I'm legal. you know.
I sat down and designed a nice box to build, but once i ran up the total it topped $200, after figuring in the weathermax 4x8 sheets, 2 x 4's, and all of the little things, so I decided that I'm going to go with the GrowLAB GL80 which is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 6 for $160 + free shipping, which is bigger than my current area by 1 foot, wow i know, but I'm keeping it small here, but it's more reflective, and I can assemble and break down in less than an hour if needed. I'm still on the fence a little, so if you have any input on the bad vs good of going this route please drop a line and let me know what you think!!! Do you Have experience with growtents? I wanna hear from you!

Peas!
J

j.l.
thank you....great instructions...and thanks for the link....will get on it...it is done about the way i figured it would be, and the supercrop thing doesnt bother me at all now....i've been practicing, and doing bad bad things to the girls, just to see if what i'm learning is true....also taking online courses...really interesting...so how much do you get off of a plant that size?? but i do know i like that shorter neater look for the plants....and i really dont want to mess with more than 36 in. of plant anyway....thats all the room i can use for it vertically....and still keep it in the canopy for the lights....these last plants were awful...that jack h....grew like crazy....could not believe how fast it got tall...the bushmaster did work immediately on it...stopped its vertical growth....very happy with it....now im set up to add the gravity to the mix....that should be interesting....always used shooting star, but if this works better....thanks again....wonderful grow...lavendar:cheer::bravo:

i forgot to add: i love the grow tents...i have one more to buy eventually....a 5x5, to put the cloning and babies in ect....that will be the next project....then it has to be a double decker to boot...lavendar

j.l.
thank you....great instructions...and thanks for the link....will get on it...it is done about the way i figured it would be, and the supercrop thing doesnt bother me at all now....i've been practicing, and doing bad bad things to the girls, just to see if what i'm learning is true....also taking online courses...really interesting...so how much do you get off of a plant that size?? but i do know i like that shorter neater look for the plants....and i really dont want to mess with more than 36 in. of plant anyway....thats all the room i can use for it vertically....and still keep it in the canopy for the lights....these last plants were awful...that jack h....grew like crazy....could not believe how fast it got tall...the bushmaster did work immediately on it...stopped its vertical growth....very happy with it....now im set up to add the gravity to the mix....that should be interesting....always used shooting star, but if this works better....thanks again....wonderful grow...lavendar:cheer::bravo:

i forgot to add: i love the grow tents...i have one more to buy eventually....a 5x5, to put the cloning and babies in ect....that will be the next project....then it has to be a double decker to boot...lavendar

Bad things to the girls? What kind of things are they teaching you there? lol, It IS about gardening isn't it? lol, j/k, I am curious about what they are focusing on there though.

You don't have to keep the plant short you can use it anytime you would supercrop but, the idea is to multiply the ammount of main tops by topping and keeping all of the main branches generally level,and keep them farther away from each other so that they can each get as much light as possibe.

About yeild, It's been a while since I have had a garden this small, and I'm just harvesting the 1st run today of White Rhino, and Cindy99 today, so we'll see. cross your fingers for me! WOOHOO!!:cheer:

And, yea, thats how I felt with Jack. such a nice medication, but Oh, the streeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch. Although, thats why I've been looking for the EarlyGirl cross of Jack. she was very managable, and very Jack looking buds with quite a bit of that Jack Herer Floaty Up-lets-do-something feel.

Ugh...it's getting too late. I'm glad you stopped by! I'll chat later.

Gunight 420

jason good grow goin there you doin great .. drop bye later and read my post im goin to try and get around to pics today , ive been gone all week and have a couple days off ...you are goin to be shocked im sure

Back
Top Bottom