Livelong's First Indoor

I think soil is more between 6-7.. I never go above 6.8.. My tap is all over the place. It has dropped almost a point in the last week. It was always around 8 or 8.5 and now it is at 7.5.. Kinda weird maybe because its winter?? You need to get to the store, at the least grab some fish emulsion. If you can afford it get some liquified kelp ( will help with stress and not so feeling good ). That should carry you through the veg. Save your pennies or hope you have been good this year and that Santa may bring you some supplies or cash for supplies.. Organics won't drop the PH to much, if you get some distilled water and add some fish emulsion and sea weed, it should put you right in the range. Hang in there and get some good food for the babies!:peace:

I've got the plant under (3) 26w CFLs(2 daylight, 1 warm white) and 1 13w or 17w "grow light." Lights are at 18/6, temp, humidity unknown. I'm at a high altitude (dunno how much that matters).
Ared they on an 18/6 cycle?
Looks better as it grows along. Also, only one going? maybe I'd suggest gettting a few more going to have a back up or 2. Is that possible? We want females and sometimes one may not be enough, unless it is from a good clone stock.

Thank you Titus, Ms. Fox, four20, be irie & cherma for all of your comments and suggestions! I do want to get a ph meter, but some shops prices around here are a bit steep. Can anybody throw out a good store price for a meter?

More grow supplies coming! Be Irie, I should still put fish emulsion on top of the Grow Big full dose I have going? Just clearing that up so I don't get wicked nute burn.

Yep I'm on a 18/6 cycle. Yep only one going. If I could find more, I'd get at least 3 at once. It's a seed from some of the best green I've ever had, so I'm hoping its a girl for sure!
Grow wish list:
Fish emulsion
Ph meter
Hydroton clay balls
Liquefied kelp

I am not a big chem fan. I think I used GB once on my G and twice on the others. I think I would either swap waterings one wit GB the the next with the FE or go 1/2 and 1/2 and see how it likes it.... Do you feed it everytime?

Yeah, I've been putting it in every time. The leaves look fine though. I'll try out your suggestion once I get some fish emulsion!

Looking good livelong!! I have family in CO. A friend of mine that lives there once told me that because of the high altitude, MJ plants have to produce more crystals to protect itself. I dunno if that's true but you guys have some goooooood shit out there!!

I've had leaf curling with a bag seed I grew awhile bac and it happened because of transplant shoc but you say yours started happening before transplant? Either way looks like you got it under control.

Good luck!! Here's to hoping for a girl!!! :adore:

Well, if you've toked here, the higher the altitude gets, the less air is available to breathe. Less oxygen in your blood, more THC = a strong, quick, high. Same with alcohol. Some great stuff up here. Some $50 8ths that might as well have been swag.

It wasn't really a curling, music, it was more of a twisting. Obie was root bound inside the Dixie cup. That might've been the problem (or a part of it).

Anyway, I took the Ph, and it was 8. The veg on the top is looking magnificent. On the bottom where the light doesn't get, the leaves are tiny and sad looking. Pics coming soon!

Do you guys mean to put it in now? Or for next time? Like mix it in with the top? I don't want to ruin any roots.

The perlite is added when you mix the soil or in the new soil when you transplant. The worm castings can be added when mixing the soil or you can scratch up the surface and mix some in now..

Music, go to mammoth.. Big Bear sucks...:ganjamon:

How should I take my Ph to 6.8? Here is a pic update for you guys. Pics taken Saturday.
DSCN2093.JPG

Height
DSCN2092.JPG

Obie Top
DSCN2090.JPG

Obie Profile. There are lots of infant leaves springing up even though its branches are still tiny.
DSCN2088.JPG

And another problem, these flying things. Fruit bugs maybe. I saw one flying off, and there are a few dead in my reflector. Any advice?
DSCN2091.JPG

Thank you everybody for your advice and interest!

Those could be fungus gnats. I had those in my garden. A sponge full of predatory nemotodes cleared them up in about a week which i picked up from a local hyrdo store for about $15.

Obviously you've figured out the the twisted leave thing. Just to add a side note on that. One of my plants had the lowest set of leaves looking like that under the same exact conditions as the rest of my plants. I always just assumed it was a retarded plant, and all of the new growth was fine. It looks good now.

i have the same question livelong.. my soil's pH is perpetually high so i bought some organic Earth Juice Natural Down but am a little unsure about how to use it since it says to bring the pH down gradually because the stuff is quite strong. But if I am supposed to mix the stuff with water and water gradually day by day then I'd be watering everyday to get the pH down and I'm afraid I'd drown the plants. I'm wondering if I can mix the Earth Juice in with my nutrient solution to bring the pH of the solution down before putting it into soil but have not received any input yet.

Are you trying to bring the pH down to 6.8 or up to 6.8? I thought a suitable pH was between 5.5 - 6.5?

Back
Top Bottom