1st Grow in Water Heater Room

Re: 1st Grow in water heater room haha

Hey LighTer, sorry bout the bad news but all is not lost. Hermies sometimes show up on the whole plant and sometimes just a few sites. If you are sure you got rid of all the balls you should be o.k., but keep a close watch on her. Worst case scenario, take the clone and abort the hermie. :peace:

Wont she just keep producing balls tho? The balls were not on the top of the colas, just near the bottom budding sites at the nodes. I did get all of them, but i am pretty sure they will just keep coming back...self preservation.

And Lil Neutrino, you think i can have an 8" clone that is already mature done budding by May 31st? I would have to have her dried up and start curing on the day of May 31st.

Spike...I think you missed some important details ;)

And Lil Neutrino, you think i can have an 8" clone that is already mature done budding by May 31st? I would have to have her dried up and start curing on the day of May 31st.

Sexually mature? Eight weeks? Yeah, if you put it straight in to flower in the next day or two but eight weeks it may be just a bit too early depending on what kind of high you're looking for. I think flowering on my last plant went about nine weeks and the trichs still weren't a 50/50 amber/milky split BUT...they were getting there and I got tired of waiting. Everything worked out fine...so yes, eight weeks and she should be close, if not ready to harvest and begin curing. The day you harvest is the day it starts to cure ;)

Wont she just keep producing balls tho? The balls were not on the top of the colas, just near the bottom budding sites at the nodes. I did get all of them, but i am pretty sure they will just keep coming back...self preservation.

She might...or she might not, depends on the plant. I think MountainHigh spent some time trimming balls from one of his plants and they stopped growing back. Or maybe that was another person's journal, I dunno :smokin: Only thing is if you're not extremely diligent in finding them and one slips through you're going to have seeds all over the place.

As far as the balls coming back, I'm not sure. I haven't had a hermie but saw in several journals people who just found a few balls and they pulled them and kept a close watch on them for more. if it were me I would take the clone and trash the hermie. It might be ok, but it could really screw you too. :peace:

See, i am looking for a really stoney high, that way i can get by with smoking less. I think i am just going to keep watching this hermie very closely everyday and get all the balls off. The clone will still be mine, i will just flower her starting in august when i get my own place again (cant afford to live on own during summer, am a full time student at the university here)

Thanks guys, hopefully no balls grow back, but if they do i will be there to get them ALL off.

Keeping the hermie is a risk, but a risk worth taking. In the long run, no matter what the outcome you will have more experience. If you can add some 6500k CFL when flowering it will help with trich production. Good luck with your hermie bro. :peace:

Thanks spike, anyone using CFLs should check out Rosemans CFL tutorial, it's packed with lots of info. I haven't seen personal results of mixing spectrums.... YET, but many growers say it's the way to go. :peace:

i have had 4 2700k CFLS and 2 5500k CFLS on my girl since day 1 of flower :)

Good luck with this grow the reason many detest Miracle Grow is the harm it can do to plants and definitely the taste. I have smoked a lot of crap and a lot of Chronic personally I prefer Chronic.
If you grow again try using Pro Mix HP all the nutes you need for 6-8wks or until Bloom. Another problem u will face is trying to gauge the levels of nutes in water or soil and u may want a truncheon stick. If there is anything we can help with just ask.

Thanks for the info Wingman580! Will consider that for my next grow.

Here is a quick update, she is looking good. no problems, only found about 10 balls on her so far, have not looked today tho yet. Maybe they were not balls but female pre-flowers? not sure...i freaked out when i saw some ball type things on her.

Anywho, here she is today

Day 22 Flower

EDIT: the balls could have been calyxes.... damn my paranoia

Balls look nothing like the good parts...they're pretty unique imho but paranoia can do that. Better to lose a couple little individual calyxes than to have a whole crop ruined. Although I must say I think you're taking a chance with that hermie, if you can finish up with no seeds I'll have to dub thee Sir Castrate-a-Lot or something lol :peace:

haha, very true... i would totally deserve that name! i will be leaving town this weekend for easter to go back and visit the family, i just hope no balls appear and release their pollen in those 3 days? I dont think they can that quickly, will just check before I leave today.

Reason why i said the balls could have been calyxes is because yesterday i found a cluster of so called "balls" and they have female pistils coming out of them --> oops!!

Three days? You should be fine...I'd go over them one last time as close to your departure time as possible though just to be sure.

Very young male and female preflowers can look quite similar (as you know) but once they get some growth coming out of them it's pretty easy to tell the difference. No big deal, still early enough an extra trim shouldn't make any real difference.

Okay so i came back today and found no balls, either she was a hermie and did not grow anymore after i picked them off or they were just calyxes and my paranoia got the better of me. Anywho, she is looking GREAT today. will post another bud shot asap

Here we go, one of the cola tips at Day 25 Flowering :cheer:

Ariel is looking fine. A few seeds isn't the end of the world. As far as sale price - just smoke that - save yourself the cost of buying smoke and you've done well for a first grow. Its a LOT harder than folks think to grow enough just to keep yourself medicated.

And I would definitely take your friend up on the clones. You might also try to copy his edit: ( or her) setup if its close to yours.

:bravo::goodluck:

+Reps for being in the game!

Back
Top Bottom