Vanilla Kush & Barneys Farm Grow

Re: Vanilla Kush & Barneys Farm GLH Grow

I really dont want to sound like a moron, but what is PM? Can you give us a pic without the LED running?

I think this was a false alarm on PM. It sure did freak me out thou. I clipped that leaf off so I could get some better macro shots and looked at it with my hand held scope. I don't know kinda looks like a clump of resin heads?

Closeup113.JPG

closeup212.JPG

A clump of Tric's is better than a clump of mold any day of the week I'd say.....

Edit: a quick question for the mod who changed the name L*D to mazar, why mazar? Is that another name for that strain or something?

I had to do some emergency LST'ing on the Vanilla Kush. It's 3'4" and was 4 inches from the LED. I'm maxed out on head space it can't go any further. After the LST I got it down to 9" from the LED. It's showing a sativa pheno kinda stretched and lanky. I will probably have to work with it some more just didn't wanna put too much stress on it all at once.

Lucy is 2'3" and it's raised up on some DVD cases. It has tighter inter node spacing out of the 2 it looks the best and further along.

Thanks Butcher, yeah there wasn't really anything else that could be done. Just hoping it don't stretch anymore. Today is 21 days since the flip, so the major stretch should be behind me.

Glad that worked out for you man, the LST is awesome. I still havent used its full capabilities yet and I already liking it.

I am also taking pics with my droid incredible and I gotta say its decent for a camera phone, I played with sepia and all the other modes for about 20 minutes when I first got the phone and havent again since. Need something worth while to mess with it, hopefully mine will look as good as yours do.

Any new pics as of yet?

I gotta say dude, you did an awesome job with those to plants. I was looking at the pics you had on the first page and they look sick (in a good way). Definitely let me see the possibilities that I could achieve with mine. You dont happen to have any younger pics do you, I'm curious to see how uniform these plants are. I know I have at least 2 Lucy's but I'm pretty sure I only have 1 vanilla kush. (my plants got mixed up in the beginning and I didnt put individual tags on each like an idiot but I had some marked in a hydro res that grew about 2 weeks and got sick so I know what all the strains looked like up to about 2 weeks or a little more in and obviously seeing yours and a few others of these strains on the forum).

Those last set of sepia pics was taken with my Canon with a macro lens attached. The green tent ones was from my X. I also had the Droid Incredible and I agree both camera's are decent you can get some good shots if you mess around with it a bit. Only using the different tones because the LED really messes with the quality of the pics. Tomorrow I will try and get some new pics up I will turn the LED off and put a daylight cfl in the tent.

Since there are always different pheno's this might not be relative to yours. My Lucy has really fat fan leaves. The VK has skinny sativa like leaves. I will try to get some younger pics up tomorrow as well on my phone right now.

Jackel,

Did you have any problems sprouting the Vanilla Kush?
I got mine through the attitude along with several freebies and only one is living.
They sprout, look week and die in a few days. Only one has survived for 10 days now, but it looks like its only a day old, no growth. The freebies are the same, sprout and then die.
Maybe something happened in shipment by the postal system?
Other seeds from different shipment and breeder started the same time the same way sprouted and are doing great.

By the way yours looks more sativa like in the pic with the longer thin leaves. That's how my Nirvana Northern Light looked and took 18 weeks to flower. I am suspecting a sativa pheno caused it.

Jackel,

I got mine through the attitude along with several freebies and only one is living.
They sprout, look week and die in a few days. Only one has survived for 10 days now, but it looks like its only a day old, no growth. The freebies are the same, sprout and then die.
Other seeds from different shipment and breeder started the same time the same way sprouted and are doing great.

By the way yours looks more sativa like in the pic with the longer thin leaves. That's how my Nirvana Northern Light looked and took 18 weeks to flower. I am suspecting a sativa pheno caused it.

18 weeks! Yikes! That is a loooooong time for NL. :tokin:

Sorry to hear about your seeds - that sucks. I germinated 2 VKs last grow - one was weak and the other was kick ass - sorry I did not keep it and reveg it. I am going to germ the other three seeds this next grow. We'll see how that goes.

Frankly, I am a little worried about the seeds I have ordered this past winter. Think how many times they froze and thawed during their trip from Europe...can't be too good. My guess is they went thru about 3-4 freeze-thaws during the week long trip. Depending how cold it was in London, it could have been even more.

Hope things work out with your other seeds.

:goodluck:
:Rasta:
:peacetwo:

Didn't have any problems, however both the was the weakest looking seedlings I have ever germinated. I started germinating the VK on Dec 24th planted the 25th and took 4 days to break thru the soil. Mine also came from attitude. Sorry to hear about yours. I couldn't tell ya what caused it. I never experience that problem before.

Jackel,

3 weeks of 12/12

Took some pics today inside the tent, with the LED off and 1 daylight cfl in there. Looks a lot better that's what I need to start doing when taking pics. Today marks 3 weeks since the switch. So far, so good.

tenttopview.JPG

tentsidview.JPG

My LST on the VK
vanillakushlst.JPG

Lollipoped
lollipoping.JPG

Lucy Bud Shot 1
lsdbudshot.JPG

Lucy Bud Shot 2
lsdbudshot2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom