Vanilla Kush & Barneys Farm Grow

Re: Vanilla Kush & Barneys Farm GLH Grow

Looking good Jackel

I had written my VK off for dead since it still looked like it just sprouted even after 2 weeks.

VK_sprout_021411R.jpg

Then it finally took off nice and is doing well. This is her at 6 wks

Vanilla_Kush_6weeks.jpg

Only bad thing is we started all the plants on 12/12 from seed. The VK is a week behind the others, and really needed more veg time. Oh well it was a 12/12 from seed experiment and that's what happens when you experiment.

You can check my current journal to see what's keeping her company in the room

It was a weird harvest. It was all over the place, mostly clear but then I would find patches of cloudy ones and amber ones; most of the amber ones were on sugar leaves. I had her in flower for like right between nine and ten weeks, still mostly clear, I had her fairly well flushed, and suddenly one day I found a bunch of black/purple trichromes and sort of panicked and chopped her. I now think I probably should have checked more and waited, because the high was all anxious and uncomfortable. Smoking through a bong helped bring out the body buzz and was a better high. It was a crazy plant; she looked and smelled amazing and sweet but tasted horribly bitter.

Yeah your bud clusters are looking phenomenal!!! Both my VK plants looked amazing right from the beginning of the budding stage. I hope my girls frost themselves like yours did.

Hash's looks more like indica. Peace.

Looking good Jackel

I had written my VK off for dead since it still looked like it just sprouted even after 2 weeks.

VK_sprout_021411R.jpg

Then it finally took off nice and is doing well. This is her at 6 wks

Vanilla_Kush_6weeks.jpg

Only bad thing is we started all the plants on 12/12 from seed. The VK is a week behind the others, and really needed more veg time. Oh well it was a 12/12 from seed experiment and that's what happens when you experiment.

You can check my current journal to see what's keeping her company in the room
Thanks man, well she does look good now. That's probably the 1st indica VK I've seen. Weird since it's a kush LOL.

It was a weird harvest. It was all over the place, mostly clear but then I would find patches of cloudy ones and amber ones; most of the amber ones were on sugar leaves. I had her in flower for like right between nine and ten weeks, still mostly clear, I had her fairly well flushed, and suddenly one day I found a bunch of black/purple trichromes and sort of panicked and chopped her. I now think I probably should have checked more and waited, because the high was all anxious and uncomfortable. Smoking through a bong helped bring out the body buzz and was a better high. It was a crazy plant; she looked and smelled amazing and sweet but tasted horribly bitter.

Yeah your bud clusters are looking phenomenal!!! Both my VK plants looked amazing right from the beginning of the budding stage. I hope my girls frost themselves like yours did.

Hash's looks more like indica. Peace.

Sounds identical to mine there's lot of clear and cloudy, and the most amber ones are on the sugar leaves. I'm gonna ride out the flush as long as I can until all the leaves yellow up. I don't won't that high you described. I think the LED and using Bud Candy really hope the resin production on her.

The power here went off last night for 5 hours during my dark cycle. My hummidty got up to 79%. I hope that don't cause problems. I will have to keep a close eye on them while they are finishing up. If no problems with PM or anything like that arise, I'm gonna give them 2 more plain waterings and harvest next week.

your V.K looks very nice Jackel how is Lucy doing I grew her last year and was blown away she is my favorate strain to grow and smoke I can't wait to grow her again :tokin:

your V.K looks very nice Jackel how is Lucy doing I grew her last year and was blown away she is my favorate strain to grow and smoke I can't wait to grow her again :tokin:
Lucy didn't turn out so well, she got stunted. The buds looks good and all but she didn't fill out to well. Because the VK shaded all the side branches. There's just not enough room in a 2x2 tent for 2 full size plants.
do they have auto strains as potant as that vk

I haven't smoked any VK yet so can't answer that, but autos have come a long way. The best auto breeder is Stitch he did most the autos for Short Stuff Seeds and Lowlife seeds. He has his own seedbank now Flash seeds. Mi5, Onyx, Auto Assasin, Russian Rocket Fuel are all very potent strains of his. I would put them up there with any regular strain.

I harvested both girls today, spent most of the afternoon trimming. I gave them around 30 hours darkness, was gonna let them go 72 but I was bored so I went ahead and chopped. The Vanilla Kush was bringing out some purple on the top buds and fan leaves. Will try to get a pic up tomorrow of them hanging in the tent to dry.

Nice to hear dude, I cannot wait to get my vk up in the flowering tent but sadly it's gonna be awhile as my tent literally just got flipped to 12/12 last night so what's in there needs to go first. But I am eager to hear what you have to say about it as far as smoking it.

Back
Top Bottom