LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -FLOWER- Mode
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - 100%
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural (Mimics natural wind)
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 76F / 58% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 62% RH, default off

Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -SEEDLING- Mode
- AeroLight SE - A compact, powerful version of the award winning AeroLight
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34", 12k LUX, 15 DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1

** All controlled through the VIVOSUN App

Other Equipment:
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - The safest and best grow tent fan on the market!
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillates horizontally and vertically. 'Natural Breeze' mode.
Vivosun Heat Mat with Controller - For germinating seeds and occasionally adding root zone heat, currently set to 76f

Gina (FastBuds Gelato Auto)
Date: 3/xx/23 Day# x
Medium - 4" pot with FFHF
Nutrients - Geoflora Veg & Dynomyco

I gave Gina a full bottom-watering on Saturday. She drank over 118ml, weighing in at 342g after. I haven't watered her again and she looks like she'll be down < 50% by tomorrow. I'll give her another small bottom-watering tomorrow.

Gina is not looking good. My best guess is that she has a bit of nutrient burn. Since she's sharing the tent with Emmy, the VPD has stayed around 1.1, forcing her to take more from her roots than the lower VPD I normally use. I've also been bottom-watering her, but I'm not sure that would cause it. I don't think it's light burn, I've double-checked the DLI.

She's still growing steady, so for now I'm sticking with my plan. I'll bottom-water her again tomorrow and keep those roots working. I'm hoping she'll grow out of this soon.

The Sandy Skunk clone is still not showing any new leaves, but this morning I noticed her lower leaves are a much darker green than they were going into the 4" pot. She'll need watering in a day or two, for the second time. It's only a matter of time now...

I was looking over a Mimosa x Orange Punch mother that I've had in this 2g pot for about 8 months now and noticed some mite damage. She's been trimmed several times, but nothing like this. I stripped and sprayed her all over. No critters allowed!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Good catch on the mites! Strip and spray is the way, and I often find my overgrown mother plant is an aphid hangout.
Thanks Shed, I knew there was no way I was going to get rid of them as bushy as she was.
Gina really seems to have something going on rootwise it's not happy with. Have you double checked the nute mix in case something ended up too high or too low?
It's just happy frog soil with 1tsp Geoflora veg and Dynomyco sprinkled on the roots. The only thing I can think of is maybe the soil already had some older Geoflora already in it, but it shouldn't be much. Right now she's still drinking and growing fine, so I'm going to hope she grow into it.

Question: is that your hand writing or the wife’s?
Hi T! It's my handwriting on the Skunk clone tag and my wife's on Gina's tag. My wife usually makes the tags because we like to be able to read them ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub

- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34", 12k LUX, 15 DLI)
- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - The safest and best grow tent fan on the market!
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillates horizontally and vertically. 'Natural Breeze' mode.
Vivosun Heat Mat with Controller - For germinating seeds and occasionally adding root zone heat, currently set to 76f

I gave Gina a full bottom-watering on Saturday. She drank over 118ml, weighing in at 342g after. I haven't watered her again and she looks like she'll be down < 50% by tomorrow. I'll give her another small bottom-watering tomorrow.

Gina is not looking good. My best guess is that she has a bit of nutrient burn. Since she's sharing the tent with Emmy, the VPD has stayed around 1.1, forcing her to take more from her roots than the lower VPD I normally use. I've also been bottom-watering her, but I'm not sure that would cause it. I don't think it's light burn, I've double-checked the DLI.

She's still growing steady, so for now I'm sticking with my plan. I'll bottom-water her again tomorrow and keep those roots working. I'm hoping she'll grow out of this soon.

The Sandy Skunk clone is still not showing any new leaves, but this morning I noticed her lower leaves are a much darker green than they were going into the 4" pot. She'll need watering in a day or two, for the second time. It's only a matter of time now...

I was looking over a Mimosa x Orange Punch mother that I've had in this 2g pot for about 8 months now and noticed some mite damage. She's been trimmed several times, but nothing like this. I stripped and sprayed her all over. No critters allowed!

Bummer about the mites n Gina but I say the BudMan for the win 🏆. CL🍀 :cheer: :popcorn::Namaste:

Heyy budman I wondered if you could point me in the right direction with EC readings... so I just got a bluelab truncheon and it reads EC and ppm mainly. Im used to ph so Im new to using EC :rolleyes:. Do you have any tips on ranges to be in? Thanks in advance ✌️
EC/ppm is a reading of the solids/salts in solution. EC is the standard, and PPM can be EC*.5 (US standard) or EC*.7 (EU standard). When I post ppm it's always EC*.5, or half of EC. I prefer to use ppm because 575ppm is easier than 1.15EC.

For starters, play around with your new pen. What is the ppm of your starting water (mine is 100ppm)? Measure the ppm of your nutes when you feed and the runoff. I mostly use ppm to measure the difference in solution. I know if the ppm is going down then the plants are eating. If the ppm is going up, I may be feeding too much. The more you measure, the more you will get a feel for how to use your EC meter.

In general, 250ppm is good for seedlings, 500ppm is good for early veg and clones. Late veg and early flower go up to 1000ppm and above. Many nutrient lines (PB & Remo) max out at around 1100-1200ppm in flower. Some (AN) go well beyond that, up to 1800-2000ppm.

EC/ppm is a reading of the solids/salts in solution. EC is the standard, and PPM can be EC*.5 (US standard) or EC*.7 (EU standard). When I post ppm it's always EC*.5, or half of EC. I prefer to use ppm because 575ppm is easier than 1.15EC.

For starters, play around with your new pen. What is the ppm of your starting water (mine is 100ppm)? Measure the ppm of your nutes when you feed and the runoff. I mostly use ppm to measure the difference in solution. I know if the ppm is going down then the plants are eating. If the ppm is going up, I may be feeding too much. The more you measure, the more you will get a feel for how to use your EC meter.

In general, 250ppm is good for seedlings, 500ppm is good for early veg and clones. Late veg and early flower go up to 1000ppm and above. Many nutrient lines (PB & Remo) max out at around 1100-1200ppm in flower. Some (AN) go well beyond that, up to 1800-2000ppm.
Thats awesome mate thanks for covering that. The starting water is always around 70 75 ppm. So when you say its going down and up is that to measure runoff?

Because when I water I get hardly any run off.

Thats awesome mate thanks for covering that. The starting water is always around 70 75 ppm.
That's fairly soft water. As long as it doesn't have a lot of sodium (like a water softener) it should be great for growing.
So when you say its going down and up is that to measure runoff?

Because when I water I get hardly any run off.
Correct, that would be for runoff or hydro. For soil, I test the nutrients just as FYI, but I usually just follow the schedule from the mfgr. If you are mixing your own or using something with less directions, use the targets I posted above.

That's fairly soft water. As long as it doesn't have a lot of sodium (like a water softener) it should be great for growing.

Correct, that would be for runoff or hydro. For soil, I test the nutrients just as FYI, but I usually just follow the schedule from the mfgr. If you are mixing your own or using something with less directions, use the targets I posted above.
Cool man thanks al keep that in mind. I use the biobizz range so my next run al try read the plants as to what they need and also follow the nutrient schedule also. Have you seen the bluelab truncheon before? It looks a neat bit of kit

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/7/23 Day# 13

Gina's second node looks pretty fried, and her third node is coming in with the same brown spots. So this morning I ran a liter of water through her, trying to flush out the soil as much as possible.

She's still drinking and growing pretty well. If I can get some nice big green leaves growing I'll feel much better.

Cool man thanks al keep that in mind. I use the biobizz range so my next run al try read the plants as to what they need and also follow the nutrient schedule also. Have you seen the bluelab truncheon before? It looks a neat bit of kit
That is pretty cool. I have the bluelab combo meter with pH & ppm as separate probes.

That is pretty cool. I have the bluelab combo meter with pH & ppm as separate probes.
Nice man the ph pen I bought off amazon will be my back up if need be. Will be checking EC from now on tho. Thanks again for your help budman

Hi T! It's my handwriting on the Skunk clone tag and my wife's on Gina's tag. My wife usually makes the tags because we like to be able to read them ;)
I clocked it lol.

I don’t mean to stereotype while stereotyping but men usually have the worst handwriting! Lol

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Vegetative- Mode
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34", 12k LUX, 15 DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - Speed 1
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/9/23 Day# 15

It's been two days since I flushed Gina's soil and she looks to be on the mend. Her third node still looks a bit burned on the tips but the newer growth in the center looks good. She's pushing out her fourth node now which is usually around the time I uppot & top, so I hope she turns it on soon.

VIVOSUN 13" Air Circulator with Controller

My friends at @VIVOSUN sent me a new fan to play around with. In truth, this thing has been on my 'wish list' since I started growing. It wasn't something I 'needed', though, or so I thought. And there's no way it's as good as it looks, it there?

I found early in growing that without proper airflow you'll get microclimates in your tent. I thought a couple of canopy fans would be enough. I was surprised to find the top and bottom of the tent can be 10f / 10-15%RH different. Using Govee hygrometers around the plants, I saw that even individual plants could have their own microclimates without proper airflow. After that I added floor fans in my tents, usually blowing diagonally from the bottom to the top. This works great to mix the air in the tent, but I usually have a streak of brown leaves where the fan burns them, especially when growing in the SCROG.

I'm hoping the Vivosun Air Circulator is going to solve that problem. @DV8 mentioned my fan that looks like a robot the other day and, well, it kind of is.

It oscillates horizontally

It oscillates vertically

It even oscillates horizontally and vertically at the same time!

**NOTE** These .gifs were sped up x4 speed

If that's not enough, it has 'natural wind' mode! This is the same 'natural wind' as the AeroWave E6 & the AeroLight fan, where it pulses the fan speed from low to high to mimic natural wind. It is designed to create the optimal growing environment for your plants.

The fan has other features, like a start and/or stop timer (1-9 hours) and Eco Mode (Automatically switches fan speed based on ambient temperatures). It comes apart easily for cleaning, with one screw and a twist. It's all controlled by the remote, which attaches to the side of the fan when not in use. And yes, there's a button to turn off the lighted display. If you decide to buy one you can use code LKABUDMAN for 15% off!

I can't wait to get this in the Bud Factory when it's back up. Between the oscillation and the natural wind setting, this fan should keep the air in the tent well mixed without burning any specific spots.

I have this floor fan, an AeroWave E6, and two AeroLights all on natural wind in the Vivosun Auto Oasis. It's pretty neat hearing the fans build and decrease at different times, it's like a breezy spring day in there!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

VIVOSUN 13" Air Circulator with Controller

My friends at @VIVOSUN sent me a new fan to play around with. In truth, this thing has been on my 'wish list' since I started growing. It wasn't something I 'needed', though, or so I thought. And there's no way it's as good as it looks, it there?

I found early in growing that without proper airflow you'll get microclimates in your tent. I thought a couple of canopy fans would be enough. I was surprised to find the top and bottom of the tent can be 10f / 10-15%RH different. Using Govee hygrometers around the plants, I saw that even individual plants could have their own microclimates without proper airflow. After that I added floor fans in my tents, usually blowing diagonally from the bottom to the top. This works great to mix the air in the tent, but I usually have a streak of brown leaves where the fan burns them, especially when growing in the SCROG.

I'm hoping the Vivosun Air Circulator is going to solve that problem. @DV8 mentioned my fan that looks like a robot the other day and, well, it kind of is.
I added this to my shopping list yesterday. I need an R2 unit fan model ;)

Sorry I'm late, LKA. And, I'm sorry to see your Gelato Auto not doing so well. I would guess that the 1 tsp of GF was too much for it. I think autos are usually fed more lightly especially the first couple of weeks. Shed told me to not feed until the second set of leaves have formed.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the new Vivosun gear in use. I love the trim tray especially. I think Krissi has something similar if not the same one.

Back
Top Bottom