LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -FLOWER- Mode
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - 100%
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural (Mimics natural wind)
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 76F / 58% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 62% RH, default off
Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -SEEDLING- Mode
- AeroLight SE - A compact, powerful version of the award winning AeroLight
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (36", 10k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1
** All controlled through the VIVOSUN App

Other Equipment:
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - The safest and best grow tent fan on the market! On low, oscillating.
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically, on 'Natural Breeze' mode.
Vivosun Heat Mat with Controller - For germinating seeds and occasionally adding root zone heat, currently set to 78f

Gina (FastBuds Gelato Auto)
Date: 2/19/23 - Seed planted
Medium - EZ-Gro plug
Nutrients - None

On Sunday, 2/19 I set up the new Vivosun Auto Oasis. I transferred Emmy over, but there was still plenty of room. Time to start another auto!

My seed germination process is really simple. I don't pre-soak or otherwise prepare the seed. My secret is I always try to place the seed at 4:20pm, right after lighting up!

I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plug for a while in plain tap water to make sure it has absorbed as much moisture as it's going to. I sprinkle a little @DYNOMYCO in the hole. Then I stick the seed about 1/2-3/4 inch into the plug, pointy end up. I've found that the combination of putting the seed a little further down and pointy end up gives me the best chance of getting the seed to pop without a helmet. Pointy end up because I want the root to come out of the top, then turn down. I want it to be far enough down so that the seed head is scraped off as it comes up.

Then I tear off a small piece of the plug and use it to cover the hole. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray.

I put another plug in the dome, but this is used for the temperature probe for the heat mat. I want to control the temperature inside the plug, if possible. I re-use the 'temperature probe plug', at least until it gets moldy. I also have a dome with a notch I use for the probe cord.

I set the dome on my Vivosun heat mat with the controller set to 76f. With the dome on and vents closed, the heat mat warms the little bit of water in the bottom of the tray and creates lots of humidity under the dome, usually above 98%. Almost as good as sitting in a glass of water, but the seed can still breathe.

I scheduled the AeroLight SE to start SEEDLING mode on Tuesday, after 48 hours.

See THIS POST for pictures of my process.

Date: 2/22/23 - Day# 0
Medium - EZ-Gro plug
Nutrients - None

I increased the AeroLight SE to 100% today and put it 36" away. It's the same amount of light, I'm just trying to add a little bit of heat to the tent.

On the morning of day# 3, I got inpatient and peeked under the little piece of plug. Here she comes!

Then later that day, after 72 hours, she's up!

Date: 2/23/23 - Day# 1
Medium - EZ-Gro plug
Nutrients - N/A
Other: Vivosun heat mat set to 76f

Gina is all the way up, standing nice and tall and working on her first true leaves. I'll leave her in the dome today, with the vent open. From previous tests this gives her 75-80% humidity. Tomorrow I take the dome all the way off and let her get used to her new environment.

Since she's sharing the tent with Emmy, she doesn't get the luxury of a humidifier. She'll have to adapt to the 62% humidity in the tent now, around 1.1-.12 VPD. I'll make sure to keep the plug nice and moist for now. By this weekend she'll be moving to a 4" pot.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Thanks for the tag, Budman..👍
@VIVOSUN really thought of everything, just add plants!
Welcome Carcass. Vivosun does sell their smart grow tent packages. I love that they're getting more into the customizable packages, the mini growhub, works with any light with an RJ11 port, etc. It really lets you customize your SGS with what you have/need.

We shall. I got some gelato auto from herbies but never grown 1 so will be good to learn about them
My first Gelato as well. The description sounds wonderful, though, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what she can do.

I'm hungover and reek of booze and stale smoke, possibly vomit, I'll just lay down on the floor in the corner and listen to what's going on. I could use a gingerale if there's one in the icebox...

Thanks for the tag. Can’t wait to see what monsters come out of that set up.

NTH
Hey NTH! I don't need monsters... short little 8oz plants will be fine ;)
Thanks for the tag, LK. I love a SIP grow, especially as well done as you do! :thumb:
Welcome Az, and thanks. I'm loving the SIP for these autos. It's so easy to take care of and they grow so quickly, I can't imagine going back to a wet-dry cycle. Cloth pots are for mothers!
Thanx for the invite, subscribed !
Thanks for joining 70s.
I'm in for the ride, What an awesome set up!
Welcome Valleygrown, and thanks!
I also germinate my seeds the same way as you do. Always had good luck,
I usually get a sprout on the 3rd day, and almost always by the fourth. I see people soaking seeds, putting them in paper towels, then planting them only to have them come up with shells and membranes stuck:eye-roll:
as soon as my order comes in I'll be dropping some in my first grow journal for the upcoming outdoor season. Can't wait to see how all that new tech works out and how those autos end up in your tent. Should be fun!
Tag me on your journal when you start! I've been growing in the Vivosun SGS for a few months now, and these autos love it. Perfect VPD, lots of airflow, and a light tuned to the perfect spectrum! Thanks for coming along for the ride.
Nice setup!
Thanks GB, and welcome! Yea, @VIVOSUN set me up!:woohoo:

We are here. :high-five:
Thankfully. ;)

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Glad you made it, Bill. I'll be digging into some of the features of the Vivosun app, growhubs, etc. I can't wait to see the VIVOHUT all tricked out!
I'm hungover and reek of booze and stale smoke, possibly vomit, I'll just lay down on the floor in the corner and listen to what's going on. I could use a gingerale if there's one in the icebox...
Sure, glad you could make it. Take whatever you need, just... crack that window by you, would ya:laughtwo:

Hey NTH! I don't need monsters... short little 8oz plants will be fine ;)

Welcome Az, and thanks. I'm loving the SIP for these autos. It's so easy to take care of and they grow so quickly, I can't imagine going back to a wet-dry cycle. Cloth pots are for mothers!

Thanks for joining 70s.

Welcome Valleygrown, and thanks!

I usually get a sprout on the 3rd day, and almost always by the fourth. I see people soaking seeds, putting them in paper towels, then planting them only to have them come up with shells and membranes stuck:eye-roll:

Tag me on your journal when you start! I've been growing in the Vivosun SGS for a few months now, and these autos love it. Perfect VPD, lots of airflow, and a light tuned to the perfect spectrum! Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Thanks GB, and welcome! Yea, @VIVOSUN set me up!:woohoo:

Glad you made it, Bill. I'll be digging into some of the features of the Vivosun app, growhubs, etc. I can't wait to see the VIVOHUT all tricked out!

Sure, glad you could make it. Take whatever you need, just... crack that window by you, would ya:laughtwo:
I actually got some good news from Nico this morning.
It seems she has managed to find me some of the things I requested.
As I suspected the nutrients are USA only. :rolleyes:
I've got to uppot desperately and get the granular nutrients into the pots.
Still no sign of Plagron yet.
Take care Amigo.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (36", 11k LUX, 14DLI)
- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - The safest and best grow tent fan on the market! On low, oscillating.
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically, on 'Natural Breeze' mode.
Vivosun Heat Mat with Controller - For germinating seeds and occasionally adding root zone heat, currently set to 78f

Date: 2/24/23 - Day# 2
Medium - EZ-Gro plug
Nutrients - None

Gina's grown a bit to about 1.5", which is good. I don't want her too stretchy, but a little height at this point is good. I have the @VIVOSUN AeroLight SE at about 36" away starting her out at 14DLI and I'll move it closer if she stretches too much.

On her second full day above ground, Gina is now out of the dome. She's still in the tray for now, and I'm keeping the plug moist. I'll move her to a 4" pot tomorrow. I just love how cute they are when they're this little:green_heart:

I actually got some good news from Nico this morning.
It seems she has managed to find me some of the things I requested.
Fantastic! Those solo cups of yours are getting out of hand!
As I suspected the nutrients are USA only. :rolleyes:
Hopefully soon?
I've got to uppot desperately and get the granular nutrients into the pots.

Still no sign of Plagron yet.
Oh no, and with 15 hungry mouths to feed! I saw you picked up some local nutes, they should be fine for the next few weeks of veg. Hopefully you get some good nutes before flower.
Take care Amigo.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎
You too man, hope you're on the mend and not pushing it too hard. Stay safe.

Fantastic! Those solo cups of yours are getting out of hand!

Hopefully soon?

Oh no, and with 15 hungry mouths to feed! I saw you picked up some local nutes, they should be fine for the next few weeks of veg. Hopefully you get some good nutes before flower.

You too man, hope you're on the mend and not pushing it too hard. Stay safe.
From what I saw over on the contest thread the Vivosun nutrients will be available in Canada in April.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (36", 11k LUX, 14DLI)
- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 2/24/23 - Day# 2
Medium - EZ-Gro plug
Nutrients - None

Gina's grown a bit to about 1.5", which is good. I don't want her too stretchy, but a little height at this point is good. I have the @VIVOSUN AeroLight SE at about 36" away starting her out at 14DLI and I'll move it closer if she stretches too much.

On her second full day above ground, Gina is now out of the dome. She's still in the tray for now, and I'm keeping the plug moist. I'll move her to a 4" pot tomorrow. I just love how cute they are when they're this little:green_heart:

Go on gina you little beauty!!!

Thanks for the invite BudMan! I just got back after winter hiatus with no grow. You and that first SGS grow were on my mind all winter and I even turned my friends son onto it (think he got his last month). I remember saying Vivosun needs to do everything to keep you growing with their stuff! So glad to see that they didn't need to hear it from any of us though :cheer: It was amazing to watch the future grow up right there in that thread.

You inspired me so much man! New grow getting setup next month and growing by end of April. Vivosun 4x4 , 4x Aerolight, grow hub, Aerozesh, Aerowave (2x if I can get 'em) all the stuff! Because of you! Also going with SIPs after watching your joy (and lets face it, it looks like they're a perfect for SGS with Autos!).

Grateful for all your work here and looking forward to this new grow so much!

Back
Top Bottom