LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

How exciting Budman!!

:popcorn::cheer:

Super stoked to get here at the start for such an awesome collection of goodies!
Thanks for the tag @LKABudMan!:thanks: :high-five:
I'm here for the party, don't mind the crocs, it's my day-off.
I’ll be seeing what a great product @VIVOSUN makes and what’s possible with a experienced grower like @LKABudMan. Looking forward to seeing your results 👀
If Crocs arent allowed then I'll be the first tossed.
Thanks for the tag!
I'm definitely interested in seeing you grow this one.
Woohooo :woohoo:

Stay safe
BILL284 :cool:
Thanks for the tag mate :popcorn: :high-five:
Hi BudMan :ciao:
Welcome all! Glad you could make it.
I will hop on board. It will be interesting to see what a 100w light can produce. Thanks for the tag my friend!
You and me both! I've vegged with a 100w, but never tried to flower with one.
:popcorn: :popcorn:
Thanks for the invite, boyyy do I love me some Sativa grows.
Skunk and haze!
:drool:
Good vibes
:Rasta:
Sweet!!! Is this your first mostly Sativa strain?
Yes!
May I suggest using the Geoflora Advanced feed chart, found on their website. I tried doing one of each strain with just GF and one of each strain with the Advanced (terpinator and Massive). At first there was not much difference, but the ones with straight GF had leaves yellowing before they should have. I corrected it by adding Terp/Mass like the other two and ruined the experiment ha.

Honestly, no difference in yield, density, tricomes, in the end....but never kept one on straight GF the whole grow. I think on the next run I'll use the advanced feed chart the whole time.

FYI, these doses are per week, not per feeding. I split it up based on the nimber of watering per week
Screenshot_20220409-152247_Chrome.jpg
Thanks Tim, this will help. I had already planned on supplementing with Terpinator/Purpinator. I'll find something else to replace Massive too.
The Heavyweight Fruit Punch Auto was a favorite strain around here for a while. Only had one bean of it that came as a freebie. I've got some different breeder Fruit Punch lineage to try next grow.
Very good to hear :)
Thanks for the tag, LKA. Your new growing environment/kit looks interesting. And, I also have the Fruit Punch Auto seeds from @Herbies Seeds as one of my GJOTM prizes so I'll be taking notes for when I grow mine.
Effect: Uplifting | Euphoric | Energizing | Talkative | Social | Relaxing 🤤

Just what I'm looking for, he, he...

Will be watching, thanks for the tag !

Cheers
This is my first (mostly) Sativa, so I'm pretty excited too.
tnx budman, looking foward to watching AI-grown budz!
AI grown? I'll admit the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System has a lot of automation, but that's just the environment. You still need to grow the plant ;)
Thanks for the tag BudMan! I've been dying to see @VIVOSUN 's new innovation go to work! It's in the right hands! That plant sounds like a winner too! Best luck for the grow!
Thanks SO. I'm really impressed with the integrated system @VIVOSUN has put together and I'm excited to show it off!

More about @Herbies Seeds Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)

This sativa-dominant hybrid induces uplifting effects and is a great choice for gatherings and parties. You'll feel energized and talkative – expect to have some fascinating conversations. Fruit Punch Auto’s happy buzz is perfectly balanced, with relaxing elements from the Skunk and Haze genetics. Its flavors are just as complex: you’ll notice a fruity, sweet taste, with pungent overtones of skunky goodness.

Fruit Punch Auto is a feminized autoflowering version of Heavyweight Seeds’ legendary and mouth-watering Fruit Punch, which itself is a cross between Skunk, Haze and Ruderalis. The result is a hybrid that’s 80% sativa, with a relaxing edge thanks to the Skunk and Haze genetics.

Genetics
Fruit Punch Auto's family tree is impressive, with fan-favorite parent strains. It's a cross between Skunk, Haze, and Ruderalis. These complex sativa-dominant genetics deliver uplifting, energizing effects, balanced with a relaxing buzz from the Skunk and Haze.

Flowering Time
You won't have to wait more than 80 days before you can harvest large, dense buds. Don’t expect to work too hard during from germination to flower time – this strain is autoflowering.

Yield
Enjoy a great harvest with Fruit Punch Auto – up to 800g/m2 (2.62oz/ft2) indoors and 1500g (53oz) per plant outdoors. Despite its modest max height of 120cm (3’9”), harvests are surprisingly large!

Effects
Fruit Punch Auto’s effects are happy, uplifting, talkative, social, and relaxing, making it one of the more chilled-out strains available. While this strain is most popular for social situations, it can also help to relieve stress and anxiety.

Medical Properties
As it contains 1.1% CBD, Fruit Punch Auto is useful for relieving stress and soothing anxiety. This strain’s CBD content makes it great for having an uplifting social day, before chilling out as the evening winds down.

THC and CBD Level
Expect resinous buds that have a mouth-watering THC level of 21%. With a CBD potency of 1.1%, this feminized marijuana strain really is the best of both worlds!

Smell and Taste
The name of this strain really gives away its flavor. The taste and aroma of Fruit Punch Auto are sweet and fruity, with notes of lemon, lime, and mango. Its aromas are strong, reminding you of fruit and citrus. This fruity terpene profile is complemented by the strain’s pungent skunkiness. All in all, this strain will leave you feeling like you’re kicking back on a beach in a tropical paradise.

Grow Tips
Fruit Punch Auto is a great feminized cannabis strain for both newbie and expert growers. It tends to thrive in warm and sunny climates, but it’s also suitable for indoor operations the world over. It grows to a modest height while still delivering great yields. To get the most out of Fruit Punch Auto, here’s some useful grow info:

- This strain prefers warmer and sunnier climates and environments.
- It finishes in just 80 days from germination.
- The plant grows to a modest height of around 80-120cm (31-47”).
- It performs best with the Sea of Green method.
- Lowering the night temperature in flowering by a few degrees will help exhibit its hues and colors.

Characteristics
Brand: Heavyweight Seeds
Sex: Feminized
Flowering type: Autoflowering
Suitable for: Indoor & Outdoor
Effect: Juicy punch of creativity
Genetics: Skunk x Haze x Ruderalis
Height: 90 - 120 cm indoors
Yield: 600 - 800 g/m² indoors
From seed to harvest: 70 - 80 days
Genotype: 80% Sativa / 20% Indica
THC: 21 %
CBD: 1.1 %

Fruit Punch Auto is the autoflowering version of Fruit Punch. You get all the delicious flavors from Fruit Punch, plus the benefit of autoflowering genetics. Although its generous yields and impressive shelf appeal make this strain great for commercial growers, Fruit Punch Auto is also easy to grow for beginners. Autoflowering means you don't need to worry about uber-specific lighting schedules. Buy these seeds online at @Herbies Seeds and watch your luscious cannabis plant grow without much help!

About @GeoFlora Nutrients

Geoflora is an easy-to-use, organic fertilizing system made of 19 natural ingredients and beneficial bacteria designed to encourage vigorous growth and boost yields while reducing costs by 20% or more! Plus, its dust-free, granular form makes it safe and simple to apply while preventing nutrient burn.

Developed in Sonoma County, California, to make growing organic cannabis an easier process that avoids trial and error, ingredient separation, uneven distribution, and nutrient hotspots. Geoflora created VEG and BLOOM to solve those problems while being scalable to any size of grow!

There is no need to check pH, no time-consuming mixing and measuring, and only 1 easy feeding every 2 weeks. Less is truly more with Geoflora!

Geoflora VEG is a 5-3-4 one-part formula designed to provide a robust and healthy canopy and plant structure in the vegetative stage. It contains multiple nitrogen sources for balanced release over a two-week period and a flurry of micro and secondary nutrients to give you a rich emerald green canopy.

Geoflora BLOOM is a 3-5-5 one-part formula that provides the ideal ratios of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium to support the transition to flowering as well as the needs of plants in late flower. BLOOM contains several organic ingredients like alfalfa meal, multiple high-quality guanos, crustacean meal, and fishbone meal that drive dense flower production and intense terpene/trichome development.

For more information see the Geoflora Thread

About @DYNOMYCO

DYNOMYCO’S PREMIUM MYCORRHIZAL INOCULANTS is the fastest-growing mycorrhizae brand in the market. Composed of 900 propagules per gram formula, DYNOMYCO has been amazing for growers all around. 100% organic, OMRI listed and created SOLELY for Cannabis cultivation.

DYNOMYCO™ is a cannabis-specific mycorrhizal inoculant. It was formulated specifically for cannabis cultivation, through years of bio-assays combining numerous mycorrhizal strains and cannabis varieties. It contains two species of endomycorrhizal fungi, Glomus intraradices and Glomus mosseae, at a concentration of 900 propagules per gram.

DYNOMYCO™ is suitable for peat, coco and rockwool cubes and certain hydroponic growing methods.

- DYNOMYCO is 3x more concentrated than Mykos. They have a higher concentration of propagules per plant, at a lower application rate and at a lower price per plant!
- Our main fungi was isolated in the dead sea region in Israel, the salties place in the world, and so it is tolerant of salinity, heat and drought.
- It's a pure mycorrhizal inoculant. No other active ingredients in the product. What does all the work is the fungus!
- It's based on over 33 years of R&D.
- Compared to Great white, DYNOMYCO doesn't contain ANY ectomycorrhizal fungi, which don't associate with cannabis, and all other herbs, veggies, leafy greens. DYNOMYCO was developed for cannabis!

The most important application is done at the start of each growing cycle from clone or seed. Additional applications are done upon each transplantation. There is no need to apply it every feeding or many times since it needs to make direct contact with the roots. You should not apply it around or on the crop, nor should you brew it in your compost tea. You need to have direct contact with the roots! The two application methods that work best are:
1. Mixing in the soil media
2. Mixing in the planting hole.

Now let's talk about the Vivosun Smart Grow System.

This system brings together the light, circulation fan, and the exhaust into one system. The system can be controlled by the control pad, easily mounted on any tent. Even better, the wi-fi controller can be controlled from the Vivosun App. Basically, @VIVOSUN now allows you to control your whole indoor environment from one app.

The Vivosun app adds a whole new level of functionality. You can set a schedule for any of the components. You can change the spectrum (seedling/veg/flower) and intensity of the light, and even simulate sunrise/sunsets. The app also adds the 'recipe' function, a way to lay out the settings for each stage of the grow.

It came in one box with two smaller boxes inside, one for the Aerozesh and one for the AeroLight/Growhub. I unboxed it and set it up in my office to play around for a while and make sure I know how everything worked.

Then I set it up in the Playpen, my 32x32x60 tent. My old exhaust in the tent was 4" and this is a 6", so that was changed out completely. Pretty easy with the way I have it installed, attached to a board on top of the tent.

The light hung from the top of the tent with two ropes, just like the old one. I just had to remove the old timer :) The GrowHub comes with a sticky square of metal, and the GrowHub itself is magnetic. I attached the GrowHub controller to the tent and plugged everything in. The light and exhaust fan both plug into the growhub, as does the external probe. The GrowHub is powered by the light/exhaust so as soon as you plug anything in, it powers up.

For now, everything's turned off. I'll keep playing around and set up my 'recipe' tomorrow. Stay tuned...
#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Date: 9/4/22 - Seed started @ 4:20pm
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN[Love What You Grow | VIVOSUN] App
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - EZ-Gro plugs
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

I set up the Playpen yesterday so I figured it's time to get this grow started! My seed germination process is really simple. I don't pre-soak or otherwise prepare the seed. My secret is I always try to place the seed at 4:20, right after lighting up!

I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plug for about an hour in a mild CloneX solution pH'ed to around 6. Then I stick the seed about 1/2-3/4 inch into the plug, pointy end up. I've found that the combination of putting the seed a little further down and pointy end up gives me the best chance of getting the seed to pop without a helmet. Pointy end up because I want the root to come out of the top, then turn down. I want it to be far enough down so that the seed head is scraped off as it comes up.

Then I tear off a small piece of the plug and use it to cover the hole. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. If the plug sits in water it wicks moisture and gets too wet.

I put another plug in the dome, but this is used for the temperature probe for the heat mat. I want to control the temperature inside the plug, if possible. I re-use the 'temperature probe plug'. I also have a dome with a notch I use for the probe cord.

I set the dome on my Vivosun heat mat with the controller set to 75f. With the dome on and vents closed, the heat mat warms the little bit of water in the bottom of the tray and creates lots of humidity under the dome, usually above 98%. Almost as good as sitting in a glass of water, but the seed can still breathe.

I'll keep the lights off for the first 48 hours, then I'll set the lights to a 20/4 schedule. I usually get a seedling on the third or fourth day. On the first day the seedling emerges, I'll open the vents on the dome to lower the humidity to the 80s. On the second day, I'll remove the dome. By the third day, the tap root is coming out of the bottom of the plug and it'll be time to put her in a 4" pot.

So far, I haven't had a seed fail to germinate with this method within 5 days (knock wood). I even went 4-for-4 with tomato seeds recently ;) We'll see how this girl does in a couple of days. Now to keep playing around with the @VIVOSUN GrowHub Recipe.

More about @Herbies Seeds Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)

This sativa-dominant hybrid induces uplifting effects and is a great choice for gatherings and parties. You'll feel energized and talkative – expect to have some fascinating conversations. Fruit Punch Auto’s happy buzz is perfectly balanced, with relaxing elements from the Skunk and Haze genetics. Its flavors are just as complex: you’ll notice a fruity, sweet taste, with pungent overtones of skunky goodness.

Fruit Punch Auto is a feminized autoflowering version of Heavyweight Seeds’ legendary and mouth-watering Fruit Punch, which itself is a cross between Skunk, Haze and Ruderalis. The result is a hybrid that’s 80% sativa, with a relaxing edge thanks to the Skunk and Haze genetics.

Genetics
Fruit Punch Auto's family tree is impressive, with fan-favorite parent strains. It's a cross between Skunk, Haze, and Ruderalis. These complex sativa-dominant genetics deliver uplifting, energizing effects, balanced with a relaxing buzz from the Skunk and Haze.

Flowering Time
You won't have to wait more than 80 days before you can harvest large, dense buds. Don’t expect to work too hard during from germination to flower time – this strain is autoflowering.

Yield
Enjoy a great harvest with Fruit Punch Auto – up to 800g/m2 (2.62oz/ft2) indoors and 1500g (53oz) per plant outdoors. Despite its modest max height of 120cm (3’9”), harvests are surprisingly large!

Effects
Fruit Punch Auto’s effects are happy, uplifting, talkative, social, and relaxing, making it one of the more chilled-out strains available. While this strain is most popular for social situations, it can also help to relieve stress and anxiety.

Medical Properties
As it contains 1.1% CBD, Fruit Punch Auto is useful for relieving stress and soothing anxiety. This strain’s CBD content makes it great for having an uplifting social day, before chilling out as the evening winds down.

THC and CBD Level
Expect resinous buds that have a mouth-watering THC level of 21%. With a CBD potency of 1.1%, this feminized marijuana strain really is the best of both worlds!

Smell and Taste
The name of this strain really gives away its flavor. The taste and aroma of Fruit Punch Auto are sweet and fruity, with notes of lemon, lime, and mango. Its aromas are strong, reminding you of fruit and citrus. This fruity terpene profile is complemented by the strain’s pungent skunkiness. All in all, this strain will leave you feeling like you’re kicking back on a beach in a tropical paradise.

Grow Tips
Fruit Punch Auto is a great feminized cannabis strain for both newbie and expert growers. It tends to thrive in warm and sunny climates, but it’s also suitable for indoor operations the world over. It grows to a modest height while still delivering great yields. To get the most out of Fruit Punch Auto, here’s some useful grow info:

- This strain prefers warmer and sunnier climates and environments.
- It finishes in just 80 days from germination.
- The plant grows to a modest height of around 80-120cm (31-47”).
- It performs best with the Sea of Green method.
- Lowering the night temperature in flowering by a few degrees will help exhibit its hues and colors.

Characteristics
Brand: Heavyweight Seeds
Sex: Feminized
Flowering type: Autoflowering
Suitable for: Indoor & Outdoor
Effect: Juicy punch of creativity
Genetics: Skunk x Haze x Ruderalis
Height: 90 - 120 cm indoors
Yield: 600 - 800 g/m² indoors
From seed to harvest: 70 - 80 days
Genotype: 80% Sativa / 20% Indica
THC: 21 %
CBD: 1.1 %

Fruit Punch Auto is the autoflowering version of Fruit Punch. You get all the delicious flavors from Fruit Punch, plus the benefit of autoflowering genetics. Although its generous yields and impressive shelf appeal make this strain great for commercial growers, Fruit Punch Auto is also easy to grow for beginners. Autoflowering means you don't need to worry about uber-specific lighting schedules. Buy these seeds online at @Herbies Seeds and watch your luscious cannabis plant grow without much help!
Sounds like a great wake n bake strain, I’m really looking forward to seeing your grow to the finish 😍

Thanks for the tag, LKA!
I'm late to the party, as usual....
That Vivosun system looks to be pretty cool,
I'll hang out, if that's alright...

Date: 9/4/22 - Seed started @ 4:20pm
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN[Love What You Grow | VIVOSUN] App
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - EZ-Gro plugs
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

I set up the Playpen yesterday so I figured it's time to get this grow started! My seed germination process is really simple. I don't pre-soak or otherwise prepare the seed. My secret is I always try to place the seed at 4:20, right after lighting up!

I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plug for about an hour in a mild CloneX solution pH'ed to around 6. Then I stick the seed about 1/2-3/4 inch into the plug, pointy end up. I've found that the combination of putting the seed a little further down and pointy end up gives me the best chance of getting the seed to pop without a helmet. Pointy end up because I want the root to come out of the top, then turn down. I want it to be far enough down so that the seed head is scraped off as it comes up.

Then I tear off a small piece of the plug and use it to cover the hole. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. If the plug sits in water it wicks moisture and gets too wet.

I put another plug in the dome, but this is used for the temperature probe for the heat mat. I want to control the temperature inside the plug, if possible. I re-use the 'temperature probe plug'. I also have a dome with a notch I use for the probe cord.

I set the dome on my Vivosun heat mat with the controller set to 75f. With the dome on and vents closed, the heat mat warms the little bit of water in the bottom of the tray and creates lots of humidity under the dome, usually above 98%. Almost as good as sitting in a glass of water, but the seed can still breathe.

I'll keep the lights off for the first 48 hours, then I'll set the lights to a 20/4 schedule. I usually get a seedling on the third or fourth day. On the first day the seedling emerges, I'll open the vents on the dome to lower the humidity to the 80s. On the second day, I'll remove the dome. By the third day, the tap root is coming out of the bottom of the plug and it'll be time to put her in a 4" pot.

So far, I haven't had a seed fail to germinate with this method within 5 days (knock wood). I even went 4-for-4 with tomato seeds recently ;) We'll see how this girl does in a couple of days. Now to keep playing around with the @VIVOSUN GrowHub Recipe.

Oh fancy! :cheer:

Now let's talk about the Vivosun Smart Grow System.

This system brings together the light, circulation fan, and the exhaust into one system. The system can be controlled by the control pad, easily mounted on any tent. Even better, the wi-fi controller can be controlled from the Vivosun App. Basically, @VIVOSUN now allows you to control your whole indoor environment from one app.

The Vivosun app adds a whole new level of functionality. You can set a schedule for any of the components. You can change the spectrum (seedling/veg/flower) and intensity of the light, and even simulate sunrise/sunsets. The app also adds the 'recipe' function, a way to lay out the settings for each stage of the grow.

It came in one box with two smaller boxes inside, one for the Aerozesh and one for the AeroLight/Growhub. I unboxed it and set it up in my office to play around for a while and make sure I know how everything worked.

Then I set it up in the Playpen, my 32x32x60 tent. My old exhaust in the tent was 4" and this is a 6", so that was changed out completely. Pretty easy with the way I have it installed, attached to a board on top of the tent.

The light hung from the top of the tent with two ropes, just like the old one. I just had to remove the old timer :) The GrowHub comes with a sticky square of metal, and the GrowHub itself is magnetic. I attached the GrowHub controller to the tent and plugged everything in. The light and exhaust fan both plug into the growhub, as does the external probe. The GrowHub is powered by the light/exhaust so as soon as you plug anything in, it powers up.

For now, everything's turned off. I'll keep playing around and set up my 'recipe' tomorrow. Stay tuned...
Hey budman good morning....saweeeeeeet grow equipment my friend looks super techie..all clean and new and stuff 😁..so may I ask about that light with the fan in the middle please?! So I understand the reasoning for the circulated ventilation through the light, but does the fan being in the middle cut down the coverage area of the light? Usually light maps show the best/most concentrated light reading at the center with lower less powerful light readings on the outside......so in my head it's telling me that itz gonna be lower edge numbers across the whole top🤔 maybe it has more consistent readings across the entire top this way? Sorry again just curious.

Sounds like a great wake n bake strain, I’m really looking forward to seeing your grow to the finish 😍
I love me some Sativa and I'm super excited for this girl.
Thanks for the tag, LKA!
I'm late to the party, as usual....
That Vivosun system looks to be pretty cool,
I'll hang out, if that's alright...
Please, did you see my tag list ;) Glad to have you, plenty of room on this bus!
I'm all jelly over that system LKA! Vivosun did something special with that!
I'm like a kid in a candy store :)
Thanks for the tag! Very interested in this grow for sure! In for your ride :cheer: :green_heart: :thumb:
Oh fancy! :cheer:
Top of the line gear for a top of the line grow.

Looks awesome.
:popcorn:
Great setup :high-five: that lady is going to be very spoilt :rofl: as she should be :circle-of-love:
Super excited to be in at the beginning. Thanks for including me.
Thanks a lot guys. Hopefully I can show how good these sponsors are!
Hey budman good morning....saweeeeeeet grow equipment my friend looks super techie..all clean and new and stuff 😁..so may I ask about that light with the fan in the middle please?! So I understand the reasoning for the circulated ventilation through the light, but does the fan being in the middle cut down the coverage area of the light? Usually light maps show the best/most concentrated light reading at the center with lower less powerful light readings on the outside......so in my head it's telling me that itz gonna be lower edge numbers across the whole top🤔 maybe it has more consistent readings across the entire top this way? Sorry again just curious.
Thanks HH and that's a great question. I can't find a par map for this light, maybe @VIVOSUN can help with that? I would think that it would make more consistent light readings across the top, without the peak in the middle. I'll take some readings and see what I can find out.

Back
Top Bottom