LKABudMan's Orange Grove - 4 Mimosa x Orange Punch In RDWC - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

hey bud,

I had same issue with the leafs, last grow, or at least kinda looks the same in my opinion

they kinda do look the same (the leafs) but pretty sure it's not the same.
at that point, I run out of nuts in soil and they where slowly starvin
That looks close @HPS Only except mine have the coloring on the tips as well. I did feed her twice in a row, in case she needed more nutes. I'm not sure that's it, though.

That looks close @HPS Only except mine have the coloring on the tips as well. I did feed her twice in a row, in case she needed more nutes. I'm not sure that's it, though.
also, when in doubt flash it out and start over.
for me it worked even now with the potassium deff. found out it might have been cal mag lockup from the veg phase, and not taking the K in its ratio. After flush and one week later, Euforia was just fine.

Stay safe pal! :Namaste:

Date: 6/20/22 - Day 62 from sprout
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch - Fem Photo
Light height and reading - 100w LED 14 Inches away - 40k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 2g cloth pot
Nutrients - Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 32x32x60 tent in basement
Extraction - Mars Hydro 4" Variable Speed Extraction fan
Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

I wasn't expecting to check in this soon. However, things are not going so great for this grow in the last week.

First, let's look at Linda. She's been geeting lighter in the middle lately. Now, she's showing almost purple on the edges of her leaves, and has developed what looks like necrosis on a few of the top leaves. I was supposed to hand her off to my brother last week, but I'd hate to give him a sick girl. I've been feeding her prescription blend with every other watering, and she had some SNS-209 added a few times.

I snipped a few of the worse leaves, which look to be mostly on top, and used a white backdrop to try to get the colors right. Anyone know what this would be?

The clones aren't looking too good either. A few of the tops are already starting to wilt. It looks like all of the clones have grown a new node, which isn't what I want. Also, instead of growing roots, they appear to be growing nodes under the water. I'm not sure why this is happening, but my best guess is too much light. So, I set something on top of the cloner to block most of the direct light they're getting in hopes of getting them to root. I also diluted the solution down from 600ppm to about 320ppm, in case it is too high and causing the tops to wilt. Finally, I pinched some of the underwater buds off a few of them to see what would happen.

It's still early for roots, but I don't like what I'm seeing right now. I'll hang onto the mother in case I need to take clones again. In the meantime, I'm hoping reducing the light and the nutrient PPM will help encourage root growth. Fingers crossed! And, any help or suggestions with Linda or her clones is greatly appreciated.
Good morning Lake A :ciao: .
You said it's RX nutrients but no description of amounts?
Did you message @Prescription Blend and see what they suggested?
She isn't picking up nitrogen well and possibly CM, possible ph issue?
Rx is pretty good and normally doesn't show issues.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Good morning Lake A :ciao: .
You said it's RX nutrients but no description of amounts?
Did you message @Prescription Blend and see what they suggested?
She isn't picking up nitrogen well and possibly CM, possible ph issue?
Rx is pretty good and normally doesn't show issues.

Bill
Good morning @Bill284 I'm giving the full dose of Prescription Blend veg, alternating water and feeding. I agree that she has looked a bit pale for the last couple of weeks. I'm using the same soil mix, water, and nutrients I used on my last soil grow. I have not pHed anything because every time I've checked PB it's been around 6.3. I'll check the next time I mix up nutes. And I'll probably flush next time as well. If she still has problems, I'll try raising the nutes and see if she is just a heavy feeder.

I've never had to use CM in my grows. My well water has about 15ppm CA and 2ppm MG. I have had to add epsom in the past to bump the MG. Perhaps she needs a bit more?

Thanks for checking in Bill and let me know if you have any other suggestions. Hope you are enjoying the summer solstice up there.

Good morning @Bill284 I'm giving the full dose of Prescription Blend veg, alternating water and feeding. I agree that she has looked a bit pale for the last couple of weeks. I'm using the same soil mix, water, and nutrients I used on my last soil grow. I have not pHed anything because every time I've checked PB it's been around 6.3. I'll check the next time I mix up nutes. And I'll probably flush next time as well. If she still has problems, I'll try raising the nutes and see if she is just a heavy feeder.

I've never had to use CM in my grows. My well water has about 15ppm CA and 2ppm MG. I have had to add epsom in the past to bump the MG. Perhaps she needs a bit more?

Thanks for checking in Bill and let me know if you have any other suggestions. Hope you are enjoying the summer solstice up there.
I think you will find your ph is drifting up locking out the lower end of nutrient scale.
Just 2 cents from looking.
But Rx is usually problem free so soil or nutrient ph issue.
But a flush of the pot would be a good place to start.
Then calmag in your water first and wait 10 minutes.
Do you foliar feed at all?

Bill

Wow @Bill284 you're the MAN! I'd love to know how you diagnosed that, but it feels right. I'll check the pH of my runoff next time, but I think that's the problem.

My last PB grow I fed every time, with no watering in between. The PB brings my well water pH right at 6.3. Since I watered to runoff, I never had any problems. Well, other than I went through nutrients really quickly.

Since I'm low on PB, this time I've been alternating feed/water. My water pH is 8.1. I really never really thought about adjusting the pH of my water:confused: I guess I need to quit being lazy and pH my water before I use it.

I've never had to use calmag in my previous grows, and I don't want to start unless I really need to. I have a decent amount of CA in my well water, and I know PB has ca & mg. If anything, I may start adding a small amount of epsom salt to my well water to balance the mg with the ca. Do you think I need the extra calmag?

I've never had to foliar feed. I did spray Linda with SNS 217-C when I first found the spider mites about 3 weeks ago, but I've used the SNS 209 in the water/feed since then with no problems.

Hope everything is going well with the greenhouse. I know you must be super busy, and I really appreciate your help. Give Howie a rub behind the ears for me ;)

Wow @Bill284 you're the MAN! I'd love to know how you diagnosed that, but it feels right. I'll check the pH of my runoff next time, but I think that's the problem.

My last PB grow I fed every time, with no watering in between. The PB brings my well water pH right at 6.3. Since I watered to runoff, I never had any problems. Well, other than I went through nutrients really quickly.

Since I'm low on PB, this time I've been alternating feed/water. My water pH is 8.1. I really never really thought about adjusting the pH of my water:confused: I guess I need to quit being lazy and pH my water before I use it.

I've never had to use calmag in my previous grows, and I don't want to start unless I really need to. I have a decent amount of CA in my well water, and I know PB has ca & mg. If anything, I may start adding a small amount of epsom salt to my well water to balance the mg with the ca. Do you think I need the extra calmag?

I've never had to foliar feed. I did spray Linda with SNS 217-C when I first found the spider mites about 3 weeks ago, but I've used the SNS 209 in the water/feed since then with no problems.

Hope everything is going well with the greenhouse. I know you must be super busy, and I really appreciate your help. Give Howie a rub behind the ears for me ;)
If I make enough guesses eventually you get one right. :rofl:
It's showing as a iron / cm deficiency.
If you get your ph in line likely both will clear up.
Foliar feeding Epsom salts now will help.
Top dress and some cal mag in water first till it clears up.
Soil takes longer than coco say or dwc.
Sns works great and it doesn't appear as a pest issue.
If you had a root infestation maby but the bugs would be obvious.
Howie is at the groomer today. :rolleyes:
I miss him already, he is getting so big.
He stayed the whole day 9 hrs in the house yesterday.
Just him and the cats, no accidents nothing chewed.
He is just the sweetest kindest puppy.
I'm just amazed, don't know how Stacey found him.:green_heart:
I'll get a pic when he gets home.
Hopefully we got a little wood on the ball with your girls.
Stop cutting leaves off.:laugh::rofl:
Have a great day my friend.

Bill

If I make enough guesses eventually you get one right. :rofl:
It's showing as a iron / cm deficiency.
If you get your ph in line likely both will clear up.
Foliar feeding Epsom salts now will help.
Top dress and some cal mag in water first till it clears up.
Soil takes longer than coco say or dwc.
Sns works great and it doesn't appear as a pest issue.
If you had a root infestation maby but the bugs would be obvious.
Thanks again for your help @Bill284 I kind of figured mg def when I saw the leaves and top dressed a little epsom on the last watering. Luckily, she's just starting to show problems so she should turn around pretty quickly.
Howie is at the groomer today. :rolleyes:
I miss him already, he is getting so big.
He stayed the whole day 9 hrs in the house yesterday.
Just him and the cats, no accidents nothing chewed.
He is just the sweetest kindest puppy.
I'm just amazed, don't know how Stacey found him.:green_heart:
I'll get a pic when he gets home.
He is a cutie. My two dogs are a pain in the @ss, can't even let them in the same room without a fight. Still, nice to have the company sometimes :)
Hopefully we got a little wood on the ball with your girls.
Stop cutting leaves off.:laugh::rofl:
Have a great day my friend.

Bill
OK, you're going to have to explain "got a little wood on the ball with your girls". Autocorrect?

And, I hardly ever cut leaves off her. Well, I cut a lot off when I took the clones, but other than that I only cut leaves off when:
- The leaves are hiding the bottom of the plant and I can't water.
- The leaves are hiding a cola I want to expose. Even then, I usually try to tuck first.
- The leaves are so thick that air cannot get to the middle of the plant.

Now, I did take a couple of leaves off to show take those pictures, but that's because my camera auto-corrects when taking pictures of the plant and wants to turn up the green on everything. The only way I can get near the true color sometimes is to take the picture against a white backdrop.

I'm working in my office across the hall from my full drying closet, so it smells like weed paradise. And my oldest son is coming up from Richmond tonight to go kayaking. So yea, I'm having a great day!

Make sure you post a picture of Howie all trimmed up. Take care.

Thanks again for your help @Bill284 I kind of figured mg def when I saw the leaves and top dressed a little epsom on the last watering. Luckily, she's just starting to show problems so she should turn around pretty quickly.

He is a cutie. My two dogs are a pain in the @ss, can't even let them in the same room without a fight. Still, nice to have the company sometimes :)

OK, you're going to have to explain "got a little wood on the ball with your girls". Autocorrect?

And, I hardly ever cut leaves off her. Well, I cut a lot off when I took the clones, but other than that I only cut leaves off when:
- The leaves are hiding the bottom of the plant and I can't water.
- The leaves are hiding a cola I want to expose. Even then, I usually try to tuck first.
- The leaves are so thick that air cannot get to the middle of the plant.

Now, I did take a couple of leaves off to show take those pictures, but that's because my camera auto-corrects when taking pictures of the plant and wants to turn up the green on everything. The only way I can get near the true color sometimes is to take the picture against a white backdrop.

I'm working in my office across the hall from my full drying closet, so it smells like weed paradise. And my oldest son is coming up from Richmond tonight to go kayaking. So yea, I'm having a great day!

Make sure you post a picture of Howie all trimmed up. Take care.
Get a little wood on the ball is an old expression.
Just means hopefully we got the diagnosis correct.
And I was just pulling your leg about the leaf, I knew what happened. ;)
I'll post a pic don't worry. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Bill

Date: 6/23/22 - Day 65 from sprout
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch - Fem Photo (Linda)
Light height and reading - 100w LED 14 Inches away - 40k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 2g cloth pot
Nutrients - Prescription Blend
Grow space - 32x32x60 tent in basement
Extraction - Mars Hydro 4" Variable Speed Extraction fan on low
Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

Thanks again to @HPS Only and @Bill284 for the help with Linda. I decided to flush her to make sure I'm starting from scratch. Last night I set up my kettle with 20g of well water. I added 20ml Hydroguard and about 8ml pH down to get it to 6.4 and let it bubble overnight.

NOTE: I have well water, so I'm not worried about chlorine. My well water is 58f, though, even in the summer. So I let any water I use come up to basement temperature, about 68f. As long as I'm leaving it overnight or more I might as well bubble it. That way anaerobic bacteria can't take hold and the water is well oxygenated.

This morning I watered Linda as normal, taking plenty of time to make sure she was soaked. Then I ran 10 more gallons through her. I set the cloth pot on a grate on top of a 5g bucket and filled the bucket twice. It took a few minutes to match the speed of the water coming out of the kettle with the speed at which the water flowed through the plant. Then I just sat there and flushed away.

The first flush bucket was 5.9pH and 380ppm. The second was 6.4pH & 150ppm. Not bad since our water starts at 100ppm. After I was finished flushing I let her sit for about 15 minutes, then watered her with 2.5l Prescription Blend. I took about 30 minutes to feed her, letting her drip in between.

While I did that I put some more LST clips on her to lower the outside buds. I still plan on giving her to my brother, hopefully this weekend. If he waits much longer, though, I may just end up putting her in a 7g pot and putting her outside. Either way, hopefully this will get her greening up. She's getting bushy again and could really use an uppot.

Date: 6/23/22 - Day 12 in cloner
Medium - 24 site cloner with air manifold, air pump, & dome
Light - Far away, and direct light is blocked
Nutrients - Clonex @ 380ppm / 6.0pH
Grow space - Corner of 48x24x60 tent
Extraction - AC Infinity 4" extraction fan with Controller 69
Heat mat underneath
10" Fan in corner

I was getting worried about the clones. When I checked them earlier in the week there were lots of buds under the water but no roots. There were also some leaves turning brown, especially on the tips. I did two things:
- I removed 1g of solution and replaced with pHed water. This diluted the solution from about 600ppm to 380ppm.
- I covered the top of the cloner dome with a light-proof barrier, keeping any direct light from the clones. They still get plenty of 'daylight' from the sides because they're in a grow tent with plenty of reflective surfaces. They no longer get direct light, though.

I'm not sure if either of these was needed or helped, but almost all of the clones are now growing roots. Some of them are just starting with little tiny rootlets, and some are already bushy. Some of the tops still look pretty rough but the new growth looks OK, and all of the current growth will be trimmed off the plants in veg anyways. Since I'm keeping the dome on I'm drying it off daily to keep too much moisture from accumulating on the plants. So far, the plants have not had any water drops on them. Now that they're rooted, I'll take off the dome tomorrow or the next day, as soon as I can move the cloner out of this little tent. Even with the issues, I'll get a dozen good clones out of here. I really only need four good ones. The best four will be moving to the RDWC in the next week. The rest will go in soil and be gifted to family and friends.

I harvested my previous grow last Saturday and got the tent cleaned up on Sunday. So far, here's what I've done:
- Removed everything from the tent except for the back grate.
- Completely cleaned the tent.
- I took out the floor try and hosed it off.
- I wiped all surfaces with a cloth and mild cleaning solution.
- I left the tent overnight with the exhaust on low to dry out.
- I then sprayed all surfaces with H2O2 (Peroxide).
- I set up new bug traps in the tent.
- I took apart both main fans, cleaned them, disinfected with H2O2, and reassembled.
- Drained the RDWC, hosed everything off, wiped it down, and left to dry.
- Clean all of the 8" netpots
- Clean all 5 lids for the buckets
- Clean airstones (they were not really that dirty). Then I put them in a mild bleach solution to disinfect. The air is still on low, and they continue to bubble away.

And here's what's left:
Today/Tomorrow:
- The small oscillating fans in that tent are no longer oscillating. I need to order a new one or two. I've decided this is a fantastic thing to spend an extra $7 on for 4 years protection. No matter what happens, if I have a problem I get a new one free. Since it'll be running 24/7, I doubt it will last 4 years.
- Pull the light out, wipe it down really well, and re-install.
- Clean all intake filters for the tent
- Spray the tent with Neem-based insecticide tonight and leave the exhaust fan on low to air it out.
- Spray the RDWC system with H2O2. Soak any other pieces in a H2O2 solution.
- Rinse all airstones, and place in plain water to bubble.
- Wipe down the RDWC system and put it back in the tent.
- Turn on all fans & lights, exhaust on high. Let dry overnight.
Saturday:
- Set up airstones and pump
- Fill with 45 gallons of fresh water.
- pH water to 6.5ish
- Add hydroguard
- Add 250ppm nutrients
- Run for 24 hours
Sunday (or when clones are ready):
- Add other bennies (Voodoo, Pirhana)
- Add z7 (enzymes)
- pH to 5.8
- Put clones in 8" netpots
- Put netpots in RDWC system

I'm putting my plan for this grow together now, I'll post it in a couple of days. Until then I have some work to do. Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend.

:Namaste: happy I could give my opinion

I saw people made the flush untill about 50ppm readings on the tray.

but I guess that's only if you use RO water.

You reach your 100ppm so that's like... 0 ppm.
Succes flush :high-five:

Happy Growin!

Date: 6/23/22 - Day 16 in cloner, Day 1 in RDWC
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch photo clones x 4
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 50% 32 Inches away - 12k LUX
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)

On Saturday I dropped Linda off at my brother's house, still with a few ladybugs on her. It was kind of hard to see her go, especially since the first thing my brother did was set her outside on his grill for the afternoon. Oh well, I hope she fares well.

Now it's all about the clones, and this is the roughest batch of clones I've had so far. I think part of the reason was them sharing an auto flower tent. I need a better dedicated place to put the cloner where I can dial in the light. Most of the tops took some damage and some look pretty bad. One interesting note: the one clone that fared the best was the one one which I clipped the leaves instead of pruning to 3 leafs. I'll need to re-think this in the future and do more testing. Of course next time, I'll probably cut leaves on the majority. I think most of the clones will make it, though, because they finally rooted well.

I finished cleaning the tent and flushing and filling the RDWC system by Saturday. I ended up filling the RDWC system with 50g of water and 64oz of 3% H2O2 and letting that run Friday night. Then I drained and rinsed out the system, and re-filled with 50g water + nutrients. I also rinsed the clay balls from the last run, picking out all of the root/stem/leaf matter. The I soaked them in H202 for the night. Finally they were rinsed and soaked in pHed water until ready to use.

On Sunday I put four of the best clones in the RDWC system. This time I didn't let the initial roots dangle though the basket, preferring to let them seek out the water. I started with a small layer of clay balls at the bottom of the netpot. Then I sprinkled the roots with Dynomyco, letting some spill on the clay balls. Then I gently circled the roots around the bottom layer while filling the rest of the netpot with clay balls. The hardest part was putting on the 'light shields', which are just paper plates with a seam cut down the middle. These are really only needed for the first couple of weeks until the plant can shield the netpots itself. They also help retain moisture in the buckets while the roots are still looking for water.

The water in the RDWC is an inch below the netpots but there is plenty of splashing between the waterfall and the airstone. The buckets stay plenty wet. Now it's up to the roots to find that moisture. There's also 360ppm of nutrients and lots of bennies along with my 100ppm well water. Below is what I have in the bucket for early veg.

Mega Crop @ 2.5g/G rate (115g / 50g)
AN Pirhana - Beneficial fungi (numerous - mycelium) & bacteria (Bacillus mucilaginous)
AN Voodoo Juice – Beneficial bacteria - Bacillus subtilus, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus licheniformis, and Bacillus polymyxa
Botanicare Hydroguard - Beneficial bacteria - Bacillus amyloliquefaciens
Flying Skull z7 - 2 part enzymatic cleaner

I also put four of the clones in soil. I used the Bill284 method as much as possible without the frass and bokashi. I layered perlite and Dynomyco on the bottom, then soil, then another layer of perlite & Dynomyco, then soil. The I liberally sprinkled Dynomyco on the clone roots and planted them. I mounded the center, and pushed perlite down on the edges for proper drainage when watering.
I only had time to do the four on Sunday, so right now the rest are still in the cloner. I replaced the clonex solution in the cloner with the same solution running in the RDWC (460ppm/5.8pH)
[clone pics]

That's all I have for now. If they all make it through the week I'll figure out names ;) Until then I'm just waiting for roots to hit water.

Goodbye Linda...

Grow big and green wish her no pests! :Namaste:

The clones you pick look vibrant, few leafs are not such big issue

Cant wait to see them grow on that clean rdwc setup :popcorn:

I also love your tent and all the acces doors :circle-of-love:

Keep em green! :Namaste:

Goodbye Linda...

Grow big and green wish her no pests! :Namaste:

The clones you pick look vibrant, few leafs are not such big issue

Cant wait to see them grow on that clean rdwc setup :popcorn:

I also love your tent and all the acces doors :circle-of-love:

Keep em green! :Namaste:
On his last grow, my brother bought a shop-vac and just vacuumed off the mites & webs every night. This time I dropped off some SNS 209 with her. He'll get Linda to harvest somehow.

Yea, I'm not worried about the leaf issues. Those leaves will be the first to go anyways, once the new growth really starts.

So far I'm loving my Vivosun tent, especially the access on three sides. I'm not sure how I could do a scrog net without access to three sides. I'm too old to be crawling around under there ;)

Now the fun really gets going!
Well, I'm not really expecting to see much this first week. Not until the roots hit the water. Luckily, I can watch them on replay on the Wyze camera so I know they're not dead; they're moving around in there. GO roots GO!:cheer:

Date: 6/30/22 - Day 19 in cloner, Day 4 in RDWC
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch photo clones x 4
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 50% 32 Inches away - 12k LUX
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Temperatures

It's a bit warm and dry in there. I'm not worried about dry because of all of the moisture coming up from the buckets. I'd like to cool it down a little in the evenings, but the plants don't seem to mind.

I'm keeping the RDWC res at 5.8pH and right around 500ppm/1ec. It's a bit warm right now at 74f. I've never run this system on 18/6, especially without a canopy covering the buckets. I may end up covering the buckets with mylar, we'll see. For now, a little extra Hydroguard...

I put four more clones in soil. I'm still not sure exactly what I'm going to do with them. I'm hoping to give some away, I'll keep one as a mother, then I might put a couple outside. We'll see. I still have a dozen still in the cloner. Only 1 out of the 24 has not yet rooted. Most of them have 12+ inch roots by now, they'll be all tangled up in there soon. Unfortunately, I'll probably end up throwing most of them away. I'll keep them until all four clones in the RDWC take off at least.

Not that I have any worries about the clones in the RDWC. All of the clones have new roots and new shoots. They're short little girls, but that won't last long. It's not easy to get the bucket lids off, so the only view I have of the roots is through the little side hatch. However, I can see roots starting to come out of the netpots and hit the water. It's about to get going.

Enjoy your weekend, for some a long holiday weekend! Stay safe and stay hydrated!

Back
Top Bottom