Looking For Tips On My Setup

Sureguy

Hey everyone. I am new to growing but have read several threads, books, blogs etc. And recently put together a small grow tent setup with 12 CFLs (2700k 60Hz 23W).

IMAG0049.jpg
20150221_183622_HDR.jpg

My intentions were to grow 2 plants simultaneously but I'm having a little trouble... I managed to get a sprout going but it dried out after a few days and I didn't see much growth. I had read maybe i should supplement one of my bulbs with a different color spectrum? Also i'm using 50/50 perlite w miracle grow natures care (which i could not find npk stats on :straightface:) and temp stays around 89-91 F.

Re: Looking For Tips On My Setup..

Hey bud you have a beautiful setup! and a great start!

Antics is right, no nutes for seedlings. Also, 89-91 is pretty hot for them too. You could get away with have just 1 or 2 of those lights until you see a couple leaves. Seedlings like a humidity of 40% and up. with those temps im sure it wasn't moist enough.

Check out the guidelines and consider making a journal to note your progress and KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS

You're on the right track, Keep it up!

Re: Looking For Tips On My Setup..

You are on the right track! The set up looks fine. As mentioned you may want to use half the light for your girls till they mature a bit. Try keeping those temps below 80. Stick to the basics... PH, RH, TEMPS, LIGHTS, VENTILATION, MIXTURE, WATERING.... Stay away from the miracle grow in my opinion. It seems like a lot to deal with especially if your a rookie but if you "READ" and stick to those basics you'll do just fine! I like the advice above "ASK QUESTIONS!" There are no dumb questions only dumb mistakes! Happy growing my friend...

that set up looks very nice. I agree with all the suggestions above. Also when plants are small they don't much water. Overwatering is dangerous for seedlings. Best of luck with your grow.
You may wish to start a grow journal, I will subscribe for sure.

welcome to :420:

Might want to try a scrog method style of grow in a limited space like that, small bush is going to be hard to deal with height wise.

The tent is actually 2x2x4 I would love to keep that tent with a mother and clones, and get a larger one for flowering girls. But you gotta walk before you can run.

I soaked couple seeds this morning and I'm gonna start them in dirt on a window sill tonight.

Back
Top Bottom