Lowest possible temperature at which MJ can survive in flowering?

btw, the thricomes are still white, what will the quality be on the branches i harvested? will it be acceptable? i'll make oil out of them, do you guys know a good method/guide? i know rick simpson's method but im not so sure about his growing skills, maybe someone has found a better solvant/whatever :) otherwise ill do what he does

trichs should be white (milky), it means your plant is ready :)

I'm sorry to hear that, man. My Kerala Krush (87% sativa) got mold too, but I fought it off. No signs of mold on my Tangerine Dream though, most likely to Neville's Haze genes. My temps are between 62-68F during a day and 51-56F during the night, but humidity can reach 98%! I hope to go one week or two and then chop. Are you in NorCali?

:cheesygrinsmiley: same climate... Maine. Tangerine dream :hmmmm:

hmm, it feels like all my bud hairs have mold inside them... they have a weird color, and the smell feels different too... i cleaned the mold off, but even on healthy buds the hairs still feel like the mold inside the stem went inside them too... idk is that possible? ill post some pics when im done cleaning if i need to

pics!

Cut them all in two, that's my advice!

any suspect bud I chop

btw, the thricomes are still white, what will the quality be on the branches i harvested? will it be acceptable? i'll make oil out of them, do you guys know a good method/guide? i know rick simpson's method but im not so sure about his growing skills, maybe someone has found a better solvant/whatever :) otherwise ill do what he does

oil is dangerous to make BE CAREFUL. When I make it I make it with 100 proof rot gut cheap vodka.

Haze Oil - that is purple

It is good to vaporize if you want something to smoke I might suggest bubble not dangerous at all to make... seek out videos on youtube

trichs should be white (milky), it means your plant is ready :)

right on :cheesygrinsmiley:

I may get some pics of the outdoor girls today for my journal as they are in their second day of a three day frost

:cheesygrinsmiley: same climate... Maine. Tangerine dream :hmmmm:

Yeah, man! I wasn't expecting it, but this plant is sturdy, absolutely mold and pest resistant. It got a lot of shit from indoor growers, but in the end it's a perfect outdoor gal. Mine hit about 5'3" and didn't get very leafy (about 60% sativa to 40% indica visually). Smell is amazing too, like mandarines. I'll probably chop next week.

Hey guys please help! What about indoors?
I got cold air (30-40 degrees) coming through the bottom of my 4x4x6.5 grow tent.
So the air is cooling down my 12 pots at the root zone!
My canopy temp is at 72-80 regularly! My question is: is this to cold
And if so what's the worst that can happen! PLEAS HELP ME! THank You!

Hey guys please help! What about indoors?
I got cold air (30-40 degrees) coming through the bottom of my 4x4x6.5 grow tent.
So the air is cooling down my 12 pots at the root zone!
My canopy temp is at 72-80 regularly! My question is: is this to cold
And if so what's the worst that can happen! PLEAS HELP ME! THank You!

It is good to keep the roots cool... not freezing though

Oh there not freezing by any means! But that air coming in is! I can shut it off at like 2-3am cuz I have two cold air entrances! On top and on the bottom of my box! My thermometer is slightly above canopy level! And it sits at 73- with both fans on! I should add I have a fan exhausting out as well. Two fans are 400 CFM fans and 1 is a 540 CFM fan! I just started flowering 8 days ago and trying to harvest before Christmas! And if this issue will keep me from my scheduled harvest date I need to do something ASAP! Thank you for your response Buckshot!!!! Much respect!

this morning

DSC_4744_frostyflo.jpg

I guess frosty mornings came early this year in your parts, Buckshot!
How far from harvest are you?

I guess frosty mornings came early this year in your parts, Buckshot!
How far from harvest are you?

trying to make seeds

got 1.5 weeks to go

20's at night 40-50's days, she is in a poly teepee

DSC_4821_flo.jpg

2 days of hard frost in the teens with temps only into the 40's days with full sun finally did it. I think the flo could have made it till the warmup but it is... "ovah"

:( /hug
can u actually salvage anything or?

Oh yes, I have enough popcorn like buds to make some bubble with it is in the freezer now :cheesygrinsmiley:

hey guys, i already know more or less the temperatures mj likes,

but im looking for the absolute lowest here, since i know i wont be able to have a full harvest i need to plan it very careful or i will either harvest too early or my plants will die to the cold(in the night). so what is it?
Waaaay late on replying to this, but the notion that cannabis won't grow in temps below fifties is absolutely wrong. I grow outside in MI, and our falls are cooker. My buds continued to bloom and bulk up even as low as low forties. Some of them purped up when the temps fell into the mid to high thirties at night and never stopped growing.

I started late last year and still wound up with potent buds and a decent amount for starting so late.

It is a weed. Always remember that.

Waaaay late on replying to this, but the notion that cannabis won't grow in temps below fifties is absolutely wrong. I grow outside in MI, and our falls are cooker. My buds continued to bloom and bulk up even as low as low forties. Some of them purped up when the temps fell into the mid to high thirties at night and never stopped growing.

I started late last year and still wound up with potent buds and a decent amount for starting so late.

It is a weed. Always remember that.

might I ask what strains survived those temps? I live in Alaska and it gets that cold out also. I just assumed it was to cold out because of my climate to grow anything but autos. But Maine does winter like we do. You guys got +feets of snow more then my area for the last couple Years actually just based on watching the today show. Last year.
So It would be nice to know which strains can be grown in those temps. If you don’t mind me asking.

Lowest possible temps you can grow MJ in?

Couldn’t tell you exactly, but my attic regularly gets into the high 40's and I guess possibly even the 30's a couple nights or weeks of the year, 55-75+ during the day, (48 right now in there at 9pm) it’s 41 degrees outside getting down to 34 before a high of 50 tomorrow (that is 7 and 4 degrees lower respectively, than the average for this month), and I'm flowering early right now at 12” tall just in a soil pot with lights and an oscillating fan as an experiment, so I'll let you know.

I know, I have read all the articles and opinions saying it stunts the production and the stress is too much for the plant and they are all probably absolutely right. But, nature is nature. This IS just a weed and that's a GREAT thing! I have had 4 incredibly successful personal grows for 3 straight years up there with this exact same setup and temps, save for the fact that all the previous grows were done in a tiny little Aerogarden. It was my first 4 attempts ever, but I was thoroughly amazed that I got three to four, 3'+ tall plants in that little hydroponic bowl, and so was the guy who turned me onto it!
(Under 4' was due to the limitations of my space, not the possibilities in cold).

This was of course after I disconnected the grow lamp from the arm on the base and screwed a mount I made for it higher up to the side of my attic wall. (This allowed the plants to get over 3’, because that’s all the cord length I had at the time, which I have since solved, but also they were bulging out of the little holes in the Aerogarden base and I don’t know how much taller it could stand) I only added 4 clamp on lamp bulbs on the sides to the stock main light on it. Nothing else.

I'm here to tell you they were the some of the most beautiful, High Times-worthy buds I have ever smoked, and the plants were all packed with thick, dense, red and purple hairs all crystalized together in picture perfection. Very high yield for the size plant sizes I'm talking about. I have higher hopes for this soil experiment. Point is, it's very possible as long as you have the oscillating fan on 24/7 and it doesn't go below freezing for too long, but I believe our outdoor temps got into the teens for a week on one of those grows. These plants grow wild in the mountains in California, and it gets almost freezing a lot up there.

Of course outdoors are easily bigger yields, and it may not be the perfect environment up there, although I would argue bug control in the south is an illusion and, combined with humidity and mildew, has cost me more in product than I’ve gotten from outdoor stuff this year, (1st attempt here, but not impressed) so for those reasons I prefer the relative control over those things that I have up there. I can only grow up there from the beginning of November to maybe early May, so only two good full grows per year. After that then it’s regularly in the high 90’s to 105+ up there and humid, the fan doesn’t control that well enough, and the heat is just too much.

In summary, I think as long as you can get into the 50’s or better during the day and not go too close to freezing, too cold may be easier to grow in than too hot, at least where it’s humid in my experience.

Hope that helps someone.

wow 30 is below water freezing temperature, i dont think temps will ever go that low before i can manage to harvest. well thats assuring, i'll harvest when temps drop to about 38f (3.3°C) just to be sure. thanks
No temps below 40s for 3 nights in a row, harvest by looking at the trichomes when they're milky white you'll get a head high if they got an amber color to them couch potato for pain.

I have mine going now still and it’s getting to temps of around 30 lowest, have been trying to pull it thru two more weeks but have a couple days getting to 28, only getting highs of 50-60 about 4 hours of sunlight and she’s been chugging right along. Just scared of the below 30 degree nights. Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom