Lush Lighting LED Grow Questions! Ask Us Almost Anything!

Sam,

try and look at it from customer's perspective.

You say you do not know, nor basically care, what diodes are in what specific panel. But then you say 'I should have explained why we don't give our specifics out. We spent years developing these lights, changing diodes and testing them countless times. Our lights are engineered directly to grow cannabis. '

Would not you think if 2nd was true, you would know EXACTLY what diodes are in your panels? and also not change over time?, particularly at your price point, sounds almost like a Lush light customer is kind of 'dipping their hand in a bin' and trying to pick out something good without looking.

I definitely appreciate what you're saying. I do actually know now what are in our products, but I'm still not allowed to disclose that. I've had a little crash course to get me more up to speed on LED (because, 100% clarity here, in the growing I have done, I have never been the one to select or obtain the lighting), so there is that. As far as not caring, I phrased that terribly. I meant that more in this way: It does not mean that we do not use diode X; product A may not have diode X in it, because we don't divulge what diodes are in which products. So product A may have diodes Y & Z, and product C may have diodes Q X & Z. So it's not that I don't care at all, that whatever old chip can be found is shoved in there; it's that I am absolutely confident that diode X was not exactly what we needed for product A, but that chips Y & Z were better options for us.

My "product" letters and "diode" letters are just for the purposes of demonstrating what I mean and are not intended in any way to be abbreviations or codes for anything. :)

Usually, there is a disclaimer on manufactured products (usually detailed in their warranty) that often describes and defends the mfg's ability to arbitrarily change parts without notice as more cost-effective measures, improved processing, better parts all become available. But that also puts the liability of cascading that information down to the consumer on the company...unless they don't want that level of transparency.

I can respect someone's intellectual property and their desires to keep ownership of that property as long as they can. In this case, there is a question as to whether or not that data really exists or not. Are there secret diodes? is there a magic formula only Lush has? Personally, I don't think so. If it did, the results would illustrate that...they don't, and Lush has drawn their line in the sand. o.k.

I will still remain subscribed to this thread in the hopes this archaic stance will change, but I will not buy any Lush lights until it does change.

:peace:

To clarify, is Lush saying that if someone buys one of their lights, takes it to bits, records all the parts, part #s, whatever they can glean from said purchase, they won't find this "secret"? Even chip drivers can be defined. So, if someone does all this and finds nothing...is there still a secret? This secret recipe must be in the vault with Coke's and KFC's and protected by armed guards, trained dogs and anthrax...ffs.

Here is some food for thought...IF it comes to pass that there really isn't some "voodoo" in these lights and it's just circuits, metal and wires like in every other light, then lush has done their damage control and already provided their answer to any and all line of questioning. Good job.

One last ? Sam. I was reading your 90 day money back and noticed that I need to go into detailed explaination of why I'm returning the lights. Right now I'm doing 14gr per square ft and figured maybe spend the money to see if these lights would give me the 20%(lowest claim # on the web site. Read also of going from 14gr to 28gr per sq) increase. If not, send them back. So my ? is, how hard is it to return the lights if not satisfied with results compared to claims, keeping in mind I'm not a pro? Which is why I was looking at your lowest claim numbers on your website.

One last ? Sam. I was reading your 90 day money back and noticed that I need to go into detailed explaination of why I'm returning the lights. Right now I'm doing 14gr per square ft and figured maybe spend the money to see if these lights would give me the 20%(lowest claim # on the web site. Read also of going from 14gr to 28gr per sq) increase. If not, send them back. So my ? is, how hard is it to return the lights if not satisfied with results compared to claims, keeping in mind I'm not a pro? Which is why I was looking at your lowest claim numbers on your website.
Hi Barrelhorses,
Good question. Not hard at all. We just ask for some explanation on why you would be returning them. We've processed several satisfaction guarantee returns. They are usually due to some unforeseen circumstances. They included things like the landlord not allowing them to grow anymore, customer's car broke and needs to return one to get it repaired or other financial hardship reasons. The guarantee is for your peace of mind. What ever the reason, if you need to return the light, you can.

I have a new Grow Journal and Product Review that I would like to invite everyone to my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review where you can see my Black Widow strain cannabis plants that I have grown from seed and will show and instruct how to select a female cannabis plant as a mother plant for stable genetics for future perpetual grows. The Black Widow plants are under the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's placed 12" above the canopy.

I see a lot of getting hung up on what brand of LED is used in there lights. I have no stake in this, so I'm not selling anything, but I do see people getting hung on Cree LED's. They are not the only ones out there making power LED's, and may, or may not be the best I don't know. What I do know is most LED's are being made very well, but not every manufacture out there is making all the frequencies needed. It does not suprise me in the least that they are not naming what brand name LED is being used, as there may be several. Most of the LED's I used were LedEngin, but I never hear of anybody out there using them. I sure don't know why though, warrantied not to shift frequency, or loose intencity for 200,000 hrs. but what do I know, and they didn't have all the frequencies I wanted, so I also have Pillips, and a few crees, and if I do put in some UV's, they will have to come from somebody else as the companies I named don't have them. In other words, if the light is good, and there is a good warranty who cares if they used Cree.

Hi, I was going to just add the vegetator to my hps but since decided to buy an led I may as well benefit from all the leds strengths , electricity , low heat etc... Now I want a Dominator 2xXL and the Vegetator. But my question is ,
in a Gorilla tent 5x5x8 would the Dom2xXL be good or would it be better the have the Dom2xXL & a Lumenator?
Im asking that because I noticed and was surprised that kushington farms doesn't use the DomXL in his space.
Im really looking forward to getting a led , I hear the quality is amazing! Thanks everyone, keep it green ! 420 4ever

Hello Jordan52,

Thank you for reaching out! After reading your requirements, I would suggest two Dominator 2x lights. For intensity and even coverage. And please don't forget to use your 420Mag discount code in our website checkout for 10% off. We'll get you taken care of and shipped out and onto growing the best medicine out there!

Thank you,

Renae

Hi thanks so much for answering, I never thought of putting up 2 Dominators, I like that Idea but since Ive never
used leds I have to ask what would the heat be like to control from 2 fixtures ? Would air cooling /vventing be enough In a 5x5x8 tent ? And 1 last question , since I have a semi limited budjet I can only buy 2 fixtures so I may not be able to get the vegetator right away canI veg under conventional HID lighting ? Im located in Canada does that pose a problem for shipping? I got to say " I can't wait "! I love growing ! Thanks Renae for the quick response

Hi thanks so much for answering, I never thought of putting up 2 Dominators, I like that Idea but since Ive never
used leds I have to ask what would the heat be like to control from 2 fixtures ? Would air cooling /vventing be enough In a 5x5x8 tent ? And 1 last question , since I have a semi limited budjet I can only buy 2 fixtures so I may not be able to get the vegetator right away canI veg under conventional HID lighting ? Im located in Canada does that pose a problem for shipping? I got to say " I can't wait "! I love growing ! Thanks Renae for the quick response

First sorry about posting twice , just getting used to the controls here.
Ive been reading through the posts and came up with another question. From what I understand you say it is easier
to grow under lush light ? Im far from great but are you saying my results should be better under lush than hps?
Thanks !:volcano-smiley:

Hi Jordan52!

That was a long holiday weekend! I hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day!

So, heating and venting, you would need to vent but what you're doing will be enough. You CAN veg under HID lighting, but, vegging under a Vegatator 2x will give you more budding locations, healthier roots and stalks. Starting with a better foundation will set you up for better flowering.

As for Canada, not to worry. We will ship normal shipping methods. We will ship direct so it would be $30 for each Dominator 2x light. Saving you money :)

As for your question about growing under a Lush light; I wouldn't say it's easier. But, it is more medicinal, healthier; more dense, fuller, with more terpenes, better taste, aroma and potency. However, you will need to keep your plants at least 2 ft below the light, monitor nutrients (as the plants are getting more energy from the light now), water more and watch your PH levels. It's a learning curve because it's more like growing outdoors than with artificial lighting. But, SO worth it. You will have that moment like, whoa! Lol.

Thanks,

Renae

Hi Renae, thanks so much . I agree with what you said concering the Vegetator. I'll have to eventually get one .I also spoke with Matt by email. Thanks alot to both of you . You really helped cement my decision to buy Lush .II'll be in touch very soon for my order.Have a great day !

Jordan

What Im having trouble understanding is temperature, there are many people that say you need temps of 80-85 degrees and more nutes. Where as you suggest lower temps and less food. Can you educate me and explain why some people say canapy temps of 85 degrees in veg and you say 75 degrees. Do you know why some companies suggest higher temps and more nutes than you ( Lush) I remember when leds started alot of
people were complaining of the lack of heat. When growing with lush what is the best or recomended canopy temp
and what would be the proper room temp 75 or 80 - 85 degrees. Actually I got that info in a video on YouTube by
Prosource Worldwide led. The guy talks about the difference between hps and led and says now we have to heat
the room to 80- 85 degrees. Sorry for the long winded explanation. Thanks Jordan

That's great! Glad we could help :)

Talk to you soon!

Renae

Hi all,I am new here and I am also new to LED.I have the Lumenator 2x in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 tent.Seedlings are 14 days old auto's and I am finding it hard get the right distance over them.Obviously with auto's having a certain life span I want to get this right asap.Anyone help me on this? I moved the light down to 18 inch above but the temps are mad high and the plant seems stressed.Would I be better leaving the light at this height but only run one side? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Rm

Back
Top Bottom