Lux meter

How do you use a lux meter for growing canabis indoors? I'm using mars hydro ts1000 and I want to make sure I'm at the correct distance from my seeds to harvest on my next grow.
I just hold mine (very flat) at the tip of the plant, pointed up.
With my LED I look for around 55,000 in flowering, 15-20,000 for a seedling, but that will only be right in the center of the tent. The rest of the areas vary depending on your light and reflective surfaces.
Make sure you take the cover off before use ;)

Soak seeds for 24 hours it softens the shell or outer casing, no lights needed until after she pops up out of soil. Best to germinate in dark warm place... 70to 80 Fahrenheit. Many here use the paper towel method but myself and plenty others put them straight into soil after soaking for 24 hrs.

We germinate seeds so we can grow them.... otherwise they will just sit there! :cool: ha, ha - sorry for smart ass! We germinate them to get them started, we are basically killing a seed in the process of generating a new plant. Don’t blast new seedlings with 600 watts of hps unless the light is raised up high. A long, tall or spindly seedling is stretching because the light is too weak or too far away. A short stout seedling is preferred.

At first seeds float but they should sink to the bottom, this is a good thing - don’t worry but watch the clock. After 24 hrs soak you may or may not see the tail, it’s a tiny white sprout. But don’t worry and go ahead and plant in soil about 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep.

I‘m going to invite @Emilya to drop in and say hi. She is a skilled veteran grower that has written many informative articles that will help you. In her signature line there are articles on How to Water a Potted Plant another article is How to Water an Autoflower in Large Final Container. These articles will help you get started and are a must read!

Strain is Auto Ak47. I'm using a single mars hydro t1000. My tent is only 5ft 3inches high. I have good ventilation and temperature controll. The light is as high as I can get it (4ft 8inches) I was going to put the seedling on a 24inch stool so that I could use a shorter ones as it gets bigger. It would be easier than lowering the light. That thing gets hot as hell. I have a 1 fan sucking the heat out and an ac unit right next to the tent and a
20200924_093902.jpg
20200924_093900.jpg
nother fan to blow on the plant

These are called peat pucks soak em in water, stick the seed in keep moist & in a few to several days ya get a sprout.

In general I'll use a blue spectrum cfl 125w for seedlings & vegging.

It is surprising on what you can grow with & so little wattage whilst in veg but flowering that is where ya need it.

You probably know this stuff already so please disregard the useless crap!

Most here use the ratchet straps to raise or lower light. If you don’t have hygrometer in tent then you should get one, not only monitoring.... but controlling temp & rh is essential.

Ah that’s perfect on your seed sinking to bottom!! Think I would avoid the stool for her first day and keep her down low but I definitely acquiesce to your judgement. Also be aware that tent on basement or garage concrete slab can pull the warmth out of your container or soil.... if a concrete slab applies to your setup.

ok Cool. Yeah me & hydro arent on speaking terms. I want to do it to understand better and try hempy but I’m a soil dude. I’m not great at autos either, if you mess up it’s easily stunted

Just curious why you would use grodan block for soil grow anyway. The blocks are dense and hold water - not good for soil. Put your bean in the dirt man!

I read that you aren't suppose to up pot autos
you can read a lot of bad information out here on the internet. While many do advise never to uppot an auto, I find the concept silly... they are still just plants and you are still trying to grow as good of a rootball as you can manage, so successive uppotting is a valid technique to use in order to accomplish this... you just have to move a bit quicker with an auto than you do a photoperiod plant.

Got it. 18 and 6.
you can read a lot of bad information out here on the internet. While many do advise never to uppot an auto, I find the concept silly... they are still just plants and you are still trying to grow as good of a rootball as you can manage, so successive uppotting is a valid technique to use in order to accomplish this... you just have to move a bit quicker with an auto than you do a photoperiod plant.

Regarding using a LUX meter, check out this study that I did on my home made COB light array. The graph on here will show you how much light the plants need at each stage, and how I figured out where to put my light and how hard to drive it, in order to get that much light

Back
Top Bottom