Mad Scientist's Outdoor Organic Easy Grow

Warspawn

Hey 420 community! If you don't know me already I am Mad Scientist regardless of my Username. It's my gamer tag and was easy to remember lol.
Anyways, I have a treat for you guys. I was inspired by a High Times article that was for 100% organic grow for beginners and thought I would use the recommended Nutrients for this outdoor in comparison with an even easier way to grow. That would be with no Nutrients at all other then some good soil.
I will also be testing the topping of a plant to see what that does in comparison with just letting her grow with the occasional trimming of course. Another experiment will be to see just how well African Marigolds can deter the pests. I will be planting it separate from the plants in containers so that the anti-bacterial and anti-fungal compounds released from it's roots, that would normally help with fungus gnats and thripp situations, don't also damage my good microbe friends in the crossfire. I would experiment with it, but I'm too scared of my hypothesis to do so, sorry. Normally I also experiment with mad scientist stuff like spiritual communication between man and plant to see what we can do with our mind to shape life, but I thought I would take it slow and easy for now. Now this is what will be going on:

>I will be using (3) 3 feet by 3 feet planters about a foot tall on the longer side.
>I will also be planting in a 6 feet by 12 feet planter bed that I till a foot and a half deep.
>I will use (6) 5 gallon ghetto smart pots(regular pots pocked full of holes)
>California sun and Earth Juice product line(Micro-blast, grow, and bloom)
>For pest deterrence I decided to use Neem oil foliage until flowering with African Marigolds growing nearby. During flowering I will use Azamax using the drainage method. Worse case scenario I'm hitting em with the big guns like ryania or rotenone.
>Seeds are (5)Barneys Farm Crimea Blue Feminized, (5) Lowrider Diesel feminized from The Joint Doctor, and a couple of freebie seeds for variety. Haven't decided which ones yet.
>Soil will be a 1 part per 2 with 2/3 being Fox Farms Happy Tree Frog Potting Soil and the 1/3 being Fox Farms Ocean Forest.
>Water will be left outside for at least 24 hours before watering plants to evaporate chlorine.
>Auto flowers will go in 5 gallon containers while 3 of the Crimea Blues will go in big planter. The other 2 Crimea Blues will go into the 3x3 planters. The two freebie seeds will take whats left.

Alright, now for the process. First I will start indoors with a 1000w M.H. light(only watt I got :( ) in 16oz party cups made into ghetto smart pots. After that they will go into expected places where they will remain until harvest. The idea of this is to have the auto flowers finish before the photo-period plants sex so I can get the most out of this season with the plant restrictions here. Can have up to 12, but only 6 females. Thanks for viewing and I hope you are excited about it as much as I. Feel free to comment on anything you think I should do different or ask any questions. I like constructive criticism.

P.S.: I will get some pics up as soon as I can find out how in these forums as well as charge my camera.:peace:

This is what they look like when nearly finished.
crimea-blue-seeds.jpg

PURPLE_G.jpg

I like that, ghetto smart pots. I am all for ghetto if it gets the job done...I have used butter bowls for pots, Literally taped my cfls to this 2x4 with duct tape which in turn is tied to another wooden bar that fits in my closet. Sometimes being ghetto can be a good thing! Look forward to reading more of your journal and can't wait for the pics.

Warspawn I noticed you played music in your grow room in the video. There was an experiment done by the Myth Busters in one of the episode to see if music has any effect on plants growth. Turns out that the plants that were exposed to heavy metal had faster growth rate. If you're still playing music in your grow room perhaps try that for a cycle and see how cannabis react to it. The plant they had in the experiment was not cannabis. Still very interesting.

Warspawn I noticed you played music in your grow room in the video. There was an experiment done by the Myth Busters in one of the episode to see if music has any effect on plants growth. Turns out that the plants that were exposed to heavy metal had faster growth rate. If you're still playing music in your grow room perhaps try that for a cycle and see how cannabis react to it. The plant they had in the experiment was not cannabis. Still very interesting.

I also read some studies that the types of music do effect plant growth, but the studie's I read actually showed rock music was counter productive and classical music seemed to have the greatest effect. I read another article about a guy who used 3-4khz tones, set to resemble bird chirps, played 3 hours a day, and he got amazing growth over his control plants... I guess there just like people... all strains have different taste... I know my girls love hip hop :)

Icemud interesting thanks for pointing that out. I wonder what my Firestorm likes. When I played hip-hop it lost some potency...used to play young money crew. Then again it isn't real hip-hop so perhaps that's why it lost potency, lol. When I get my grow going again (in few years) this is something I will have to test out thoroughly. Perhaps it deals with frequency more so then the type of music itself. Most vine yard grape growers play classical they say it helps with yield.

Icemud interesting thanks for pointing that out. I wonder what my Firestorm likes. When I played hip-hop it lost some potency...used to play young money crew. Then again it isn't real hip-hop so perhaps that's why it lost potency, lol. When I get my grow going again (in few years) this is something I will have to test out thoroughly. Perhaps it deals with frequency more so then the type of music itself. Most vine yard grape growers play classical they say it helps with yield.

I'll PM you the link, very interesting things for growth stimulation :)

I should make a custom soundtrack of bird sounds and nature sounds that are all in the 3-4Khz range and see what happens, I have a recording studio, but can't fire it up with my 1000w's of lights going :)

Yeah, I saw that episode of Mythbusters. I actually just really like classical music, but I listen to heavy metal as well every now and then when it is on the college radio. I have yet to test this though, but figured the worse thing that could happen is having to hear good music all day. I would like to see that link as well Icemud and welcome aboard SmokzAlot. Here's by the way some pics of the site where we'll be growing. I will use the site by the planter and trailer for the Auto-flowers and 3x3 planters.

DSCN08655.JPG
DSCN08645.JPG

Nice little spot there with enough other plants to camoflage it. Interesting tidbits about the music. Wonder how mine would react to some r&b or Prince?

Nice little spot there with enough other plants to camoflage it. Interesting tidbits about the music. Wonder how mine would react to some r&b or Prince?

It is a nice spot except for the visibility over and even through this fence.
DSCN08842.JPG

Even though I got this bad boy watching over our babies I got some backup(.410 S&W Governor). Feel sorry for anyone who tries to rob me.
DSCN08891.JPG

As for the music. I would assume the music that doesn't have language and is only excepted through feelings like jazz or classical would be most effective. That is my hypothesis. Just make sure it's good vibes and not too good in R&B suggesting love making. May spurt hermaphrodites.lol

I've got to say, "If these test results are true, wtf?" Why are we not incorporating this? Do we not want cheaper produce and a lot of other possibilities including paper? Have you seen this tested Icemud? Most would be happy, but I'm upset I am not seeing this used. This is why we do science. Reminds me of a good man once who had a great scientific test result that would change lives for the better, but the science committee turned him down and tried to say that he was doing harm to his patients instead of healing them. They tried to run him out of science, but they were fools. He said to them for the most part, " The problem is not me that is hurting the people, but this committee since I switched the test results on the chart to show the opposite." They didn't even observe his evidence before jumping to conclusions. It was some sort of cure for a disease that was effecting mainly Jews at the time. I hope this isn't what is going on.

I've got to say, "If these test results are true, wtf?" Why are we not incorporating this? Do we not want cheaper produce and a lot of other possibilities including paper? Have you seen this tested Icemud? Most would be happy, but I'm upset I am not seeing this used. This is why we do science. Reminds me of a good man once who had a great scientific test result that would change lives for the better, but the science committee turned him down and tried to say that he was doing harm to his patients instead of healing them. They tried to run him out of science, but they were fools. He said to them for the most part, " The problem is not me that is hurting the people, but this committee since I switched the test results on the chart to show the opposite." They didn't even observe his evidence before jumping to conclusions. It was some sort of cure for a disease that was effecting mainly Jews at the time. I hope this isn't what is going on.

I 100% agree with you my friend.... I am surprised on how many different techniques that I have found that are environmentally friendly, but people just don't to accept, and its sad because our food quality has gone in the dumps because of the blind leading the blind, or maybe its the moneyblind leading the blind... lol I think it always is that way with the masses, most are too scared to be the individual that tried and succeeded because they are too afraid of thinking differently than what is locally accepted.... I am so happy that there is such a big anti monsanto drive going right now because I believe it is going to put much more of a focus on bio-farming principals, which will benefit all of us, and our precious planet. :)

I really found that article fascinating, and yet I haven't done enough research to confirm that it in fact is worth the effort vs. effects of the processes...(but I am a strong believer in science) There seems to be a substantial amount of convincing evidence scattered around for me to investigate further into it, I especially am interested in the electroculture :) I read another article that a guy uses a low voltage DC to stimulate his micro-population in his compost tea by 400% or something like that.... just simple things that if we put that right formula together, we are making a lot of progress out of a little more understanding :)

Its amazing how many natural things we can use to grow amazing crops and produce...

I wrote a post a while back about some bio-stimulants that have shown numerous times growth and yield increases and I'm sure there are way more that are unknown to the general growing pubic...

One of them was called moringa leaf extract...

The other was called panchagavya which in India means "5 good things from a cow" from researching this I actually looked into spraying milk onto plants and its benefits, and actually found out that it is a great recipie to get rid of powdery mildew, as well as an excellent calcium source, and biostimulant...

I am happy that you found that article interesting :) I will try to share more if I find any good supporting information :)

Pretty good. Just check this out. I'm learning something new every day. Icemud, by the way I found their website (easy) and it's been going on on for some time and is widely excepted, but not all the way for whatever reason. here's link

I'm going to continue looking more into this.

Wow, great find warspawn... man this is going to make me reload my audio mixing/mastering software and play around with some samples... Yeah this audio plant stimulation really is interesting... I mean, before modern humans, it was plants and animals in nature, and so far we have developed a decent understanding of it all thru science. It amazingly all comes together to work in a huge system that makes it all work seamlessly together... I definitely think that this concept is very possible :)

Back
Top Bottom