Magical Butter Device Makes Hassle Free CannaButter

well tried my first batch of butter in my MB2e. it's cooing now.
I started out with 3 cups of butter and 1oz of double bubble de-carbed at 250 for 30 minutes

after the cycle I strained through 4 layers of cheesecloth and it only yield 1-1/2 cups of butter.
is this normal amount to get or what did i do wrong?

As you can see from my previous post the butter didn't yeild as much as I thought it would but I just finished a batch of coconut oil.
I pretty much used the same amounts as the butter.

2-1/2 cups oil
1oz herb
2-1/2 tbls soy Lec.

the only difference is I used a wire coffee filter to strain and I have pretty much canna oil as I put in to start with.

Kind of late to start baking (and I have been licking up my mess) so I will make some cookies tomorrow and post the results.

I have no problem making it, and i have literally made hundreds of Blocks. i DO NOT use the strainer bag they gave me, Oh what a mess. I use Coffee Strainers and fine kitchen strainers (ones from Sur LaTable) I have no problem and the butter comes out great. to place less strain on the Machine i melt the butter in a double boiler first not put the sticks in whole. Also because of the process i use 7 1/2 sticks of butter to get a full yield of 3 Cups of Cannabutter.

I make Blocks and Ingots (1/2 cup and 1 cup blocks) in loaf pans. i just uploaded photos to my gallery here is the straining process underway.

IMG_20141227_180415894.jpg

They do make butter making very simple, BUT BEWARE!!! They make is sound so easy, just pour into the strainer bag into containers, what a joke, it comes out like a thin paste, and almost impossible to strain. There is a huge loss because of this. Nobody has an answer to strain this "paste"
We are going back to the slow cooker method and chalking it up to a huge waste of money.

thats right, but to get a full yield of 3 cups i use 7 1/2 sticks of butter
IMG_20141227_151637277.jpg
and use lecithin, it makes a difference, i have bought both the powder and liquid (both available at Vitamin Shop) the powder is just easier to deal with
IMG_20141227_151624666.jpg

well tried my first batch of butter in my MB2e. it's cooing now.
I started out with 3 cups of butter and 1oz of double bubble de-carbed at 250 for 30 minutes

after the cycle I strained through 4 layers of cheesecloth and it only yield 1-1/2 cups of butter.
is this normal amount to get or what did i do wrong?

thats right, but to get a full yield of 3 cups i use 7 1/2 sticks of butter
IMG_20141227_151637277.jpg
and use lecithin, it makes a difference, i have bought both the powder and liquid (both available at Vitamin Shop) the powder is just easier to deal with
IMG_20141227_151624666.jpg

It is my understanding that Sunflower Lecithin is the way to go not soy. I found a large bottle of Sunflower on line for under $12. :peace:

As far as tincture with the magical butter... I have found that there is no need to decarb your weed. I use 14 grams of bud and the minimum amount of Everclear... 160 degrees and 4 hours. I let cool for one hour and use the "bubble" bag that came with it and then strain again using a wire coffee filter (I may filter a 3rd or 4th time using a paper coffee filter) and then pour this into 4 oz brown tincture bottles. The dosage I use is 10-12 ml of tincture per 16 oz of any liquid (preferably any real fruit juice). The effect is a lasting creeper

\has anyone made vegetable glycerine tincture with the MB2e?
I bought some from the health food store to try, is it the right stuff?

I make it all the time. I buy glycerine by the gallon (about $20 with shipping). 2-3g / oz of glycerine and you will be good. Also, add 1T of soy lecithin per cup. It increases the bioavailability of the canibioids. I use trim and popcorn bud all the time. Great for Daytime use!!! :peace:

Great thread here everyone!!!! I went start a thread on asking how to use the magical butter, but I was beat lol. Not a bad thing though!!! Learned a lot from just what is already here. I will be receiving my MB2 here in the next couple of days :)

My one question is what is the lichten?? I saw people use say, i saw people say sunflower is the best. So which is it lol??

Thanks again for all of those who have supported this thread!!!

I make it all the time. I buy glycerine by the gallon (about $20 with shipping). 2-3g / oz of glycerine and you will be good. Also, add 1T of soy lecithin per cup. It increases the bioavailability of the canibioids. I use trim and popcorn bud all the time. Great for Daytime use!!! :peace:

My bad. I put soy lecithin. IT IS SUNFLOWER lecithin that you want to use . Sorry. :peace:

It's pretty clear the decarb function of the MB2e is ineffective as MB themselves recommend performing decarb in the oven. Yeah, I get it. I plan on using popcorn and trim with coconut oil. Has anyone tried the 220F setting for 1 hr for decarb and then running the recommended temp/time for butter? The 240F for 30min might be the best plan for decarb. That being said, I really don't want my house smelling like roasted ganja.

I want to try:
220F for 1 hr with greens and coconut oil
160F for 8 hr with lecithin
Strain, cool, bake...

I just don't want to waste the green. The alternative is butter/water for 18hrs in the crockpot and a finished product of psychoactive sleeping pill cookies.

It's pretty clear the decarb function of the MB2e is ineffective as MB themselves recommend performing decarb in the oven. Yeah, I get it. I plan on using popcorn and trim with coconut oil. Has anyone tried the 220F setting for 1 hr for decarb and then running the recommended temp/time for butter? The 240F for 30min might be the best plan for decarb. That being said, I really don't want my house smelling like roasted ganja.

I want to try:
220F for 1 hr with greens and coconut oil
160F for 8 hr with lecithin
Strain, cool, bake...

I just don't want to waste the green. The alternative is butter/water for 18hrs in the crockpot and a finished product of psychoactive sleeping pill cookies.

The only way I have found to decarb without the smell is put your herb in a sealed glass jar.

I use a one quart mason jar and decarb one oz at a time, 225 for 35 minutes shaking the jar at least once to ensure all is decarbed as even as possible (I lay jar on side).
Everyone has "the best" way of doing it but this method works well for me. I made butter in the MB2 lastnight and while cleaning up I licked the sppon ect. and it was a enjoyable night (no pain)

I just bought a Magical Butter Machine.. The instructions clearly say decarb first. yet your recipe makes no mention of this important step. I have the MB2e machine and there is nothing in the instructions that says anything about a decarb function built in.. AND when I contacted the company they clearly said that you have to decarb before adding the botanicals to the machine.. who is correct here? The manufacturer or this forum?

I just bought a Magical Butter Machine.. The instructions clearly say decarb first. yet your recipe makes no mention of this important step. I have the MB2e machine and there is nothing in the instructions that says anything about a decarb function built in.. AND when I contacted the company they clearly said that you have to decarb before adding the botanicals to the machine.. who is correct here? The manufacturer or this forum?

I decarb in a dutch oven @ 250 degrees for 1/2 hour. Then I put it into the machine. :peace:

When I make my tinctures I don't decarb at all and I use 14g of bud to the minimum amount of everclear and then strain and put 10ml into 16 oz of juice and I am flying high as a kite... I would think that the 160 degree setting would decarb it. :nomo:

I purchased the Magical Butter Machine (MB2) couple of weeks ago, and I contacted the company to ask about Decarb. This is the text from the email from MB Support:

You want to decarb your botanicals to active them and increase potency. There is no need to grind the botanicals because our machine does the it for you. Here are instructions for decarbing:
1. Heat your oven to 250 degrees F
2. Place your botanicals in a baking (rotisserie) bag
3. Roll the bag up to get as much air out of it as possible
4. Close the bag tightly and do not put holes in it
5. Place the bag on a baking dish and place it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes
6. When time is up, take the bag out of the oven, wait until its cool to the touch (about 2 minutes) and then without opening the bag place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. When time is up, your botanicals are ready to be used in the MB2e machine.
Thank you for contacting MagicalButter.com Support Team

They used turkey bags. I basically put my buds onto a sheet pan, covered the sheet pan with foil to keep the smells in, and cooked for 240 degrees for about an hour. Took the sheet pan out of the oven and left the foil on until the pan was cool to the touch. Then removed the buds and put them into the MB Machine with my sticks of butter and the lecithin granules that you can get from GNC. Turned the machine on and in a couple hours, I had 420 budder. Poured the budder into 1/2 cup storage containers and put them into the freezer. Made the store packaged Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies - added the one egg and one of my 1/2 cup containers of budder, stirred it up, cooked them at 375 for 10 mins. Excellento...!

Back
Top Bottom