Making a poor man’s Volksgarden

Rotary gardening! Interesting for sure. It'll be great to have someone here posting results/yields to compare with conventional growing as well as vertical. I've followed it for a while. However, it always seems like too much specialized or custom gear, and a TON of effort.

Hope you find a way to make it more straight forward for the masses! That would be wicked groovy!
Rotary gardening! Interesting for sure. It'll be great to have someone here posting results/yields to compare with conventional growing as well as vertical. I've followed it for a while. However, it always seems like too much specialized or custom gear, and a TON of effort.

Hope you find a way to make it more straight forward for the masses! That would be wicked groovy!

This is not rocket science zeroday.....anyone with a brain as big as a bud , a left and right hand and some tools can do this!

Bad day….

Today was not a good day, at least not the afternoon. Mounted the motor + bracket in the back but that didn’t really work out as I thought. Interference everywhere and it was in the back against the wall, very hard to reach to do something.

motor-modification.jpg

So the plan is now to hang the motor on the ceiling (see pic on the right) but there might be interference with the first row of rockwool pots, see red dotted circle. It is hard to measure, I will see tomorrow. If there is interference I will still do it like this and skip the first row, I don’t think I can put that many plants in anyway.

At least my new digital scale came in today and I ordered a Bluelab Conductivity Pen (EC or ppm). Anyone has experience with that one?

Cheers!

This is not rocket science zeroday.....anyone with a brain as big as a bud , a left and right hand and some tools can do this!

Agreed. However, I have been trying to find a rotary system that isn't a PITA, and yields equally with traditional grow methods.

That my friend, is where the rocket science comes into play!

My specialty is the technical part and I have no experience what so ever in growing cannabis, so I guess you can only compare after a LONG time when I know things better.

Next to that I will experiment with the rockwool and nutes, so you will never be able to compare with your grow.

Cheers!
Hi all, I have started the actual post to build this thing in the growers forum/do it yourself.
See you there!
Cheers!

Welcome!

Thank you Asesino85. I really like your “Quadsquad Thread”, very interesting. The rotating garden that I am building is not a super-sized one, so quadlining might be a good solution to get more out of it. I still wonder how much plants I could put in it, time will tell. I will install some wiring inside against the drum to guide the plants.

Hello all from Ontario Canada. I was, until recently, rather in the dark about medicinal cannabis and how to grow it yourself, until I started to get arthritis in my wrists (while flipping a house…) a few months ago.

In my search for a solution I stumbled on the Volksgarden and since I have a small hydroponic greenhouse myself, my curiosity was in “full ahead” mode. To clarify… I am “a bit” of an innovator, the last 19 years I have lived from my ideas, but am retired now, so the more technical part I can handle, but growing cannabis will be a huge learning curve I guess. (Although I am catching up....lol)

This week I will start a new post about the progress of my project, hope to see you all there, maybe you might learn something and hopefully I will learn (A LOT) from you!

Cheers!
Click here to see the actual build of this rotating garden.rotating garden

Starting today I will stop posting on this forum, the rotating garden, the grow journal as well as the enclosure. It is costing me too much time and the feedback on my questions was a bit disappointing as well. I know some of you will be disappointed but that’s part of life I guess. I will stay subscribed, perhaps I will do a post when the rotating garden is up and “running”.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom