Making capsules from hash, do I need to heat or mix in oil?

Great!! :cheer:

I'd better trim my buds faster so I can get my tent back for an indoor grow. My last plants to harvest can dry in boxes instead. I used the tent in hopes the fan and filter would remove the stench from my house. It didn't work... Peeeeeew!lol

OK, I know this is off topic, but I will put it in as many threads i've started, as I can. We have 3 days left to get the last 800 signatures on the Whitehouse petition to allow medical Cannabis for all veterans with PTSD, not just the ones in med states. This is a safe and reliable source, you just need to set up an email and account and sign away, then pass it on. I've received no spam or crap from this. If you are a veteran and don't know of the VMCA or Michael Krawitz who is the man responsible for getting the VA to let vets in med states use MMJ and not lose benefits, then check this website out at the bottom.

Our troops need your help, whether you agree with the war or not. Many of these poor soldiers are disposable and being medically boarded out with no awareness that they have rights and there is help out there. Please, help them. We can't know what they see and relive each time they close their eyes, but we CAN help get them the only treatment that works, Medical Cannabis.

Thank you for your support!

Only 862 more signatures needed for Veterans medical marijuana petition.

Please assist Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access in reaching our
goal of 5000 signatures by 25 October. Time is quickly running out!

We already have 4,138 signatures and are only 862 short of our goal.

Once we have reached our goal this petition will automatically be sent
to the White House for an obligatory answer and we will be using this
to kick off a series of actions designed to bring negative attention to
the recent federal escalation against medical marijuana. Your help is
a significant piece of that puzzle. We need you to sign and get as
many others to sign as possible.

As the leader of Veterans For Medical Cannabis
Access [VMCA] I helped the VA create a medical marijuana policy that
respects the rights of disabled Veterans using this important
medicine per state
laws. That policy has been made to look like a cruel joke given the latest
actions of this presidential administration.

In response to the actions of the president our
organization has crafted a petition that we have placed on the new White House

"Allow United States Disabled Military Veterans access to medical marijuana."

The fact that a Veteran in New Mexico can use cannabis legally for PTSd but
a similar Veteran in Florida will not only face arrest by state
police for using
the same medicine but face punishment at the VA
hospital as well is wrong. It is illogical. It is not the practice
of medicine it
is the practice of politics on the wounded and it is shameful and it must end.

Michael Krawitz is a Disabled United States Air Force Sergeant
and Executive Director of Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access.

><><

Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access
3551 Flatwoods Road - Elliston, Virginia 24087 -- 540-365-2141 --
"Michael" <<mailto:miguet@infionline.net>miguet@infionline.n et>

great link, i signed it a few days ago. :peace:
OK, I know this is off topic, but I will put it in as many threads i've started, as I can. We have 3 days left to get the last 800 signatures on the Whitehouse petition to allow medical Cannabis for all veterans with PTSD, not just the ones in med states. This is a safe and reliable source, you just need to set up an email and account and sign away, then pass it on. I've received no spam or crap from this. If you are a veteran and don't know of the VMCA or Michael Krawitz who is the man responsible for getting the VA to let vets in med states use MMJ and not lose benefits, then check this website out at the bottom.

Our troops need your help, whether you agree with the war or not. Many of these poor soldiers are disposable and being medically boarded out with no awareness that they have rights and there is help out there. Please, help them. We can't know what they see and relive each time they close their eyes, but we CAN help get them the only treatment that works, Medical Cannabis.

Thank you for your support!

Only 862 more signatures needed for Veterans medical marijuana petition.

Please assist Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access in reaching our
goal of 5000 signatures by 25 October. Time is quickly running out!

We already have 4,138 signatures and are only 862 short of our goal.

Once we have reached our goal this petition will automatically be sent
to the White House for an obligatory answer and we will be using this
to kick off a series of actions designed to bring negative attention to
the recent federal escalation against medical marijuana. Your help is
a significant piece of that puzzle. We need you to sign and get as
many others to sign as possible.

As the leader of Veterans For Medical Cannabis
Access [VMCA] I helped the VA create a medical marijuana policy that
respects the rights of disabled Veterans using this important
medicine per state
laws. That policy has been made to look like a cruel joke given the latest
actions of this presidential administration.

In response to the actions of the president our
organization has crafted a petition that we have placed on the new White House

"Allow United States Disabled Military Veterans access to medical marijuana."

The fact that a Veteran in New Mexico can use cannabis legally for PTSd but
a similar Veteran in Florida will not only face arrest by state
police for using
the same medicine but face punishment at the VA
hospital as well is wrong. It is illogical. It is not the practice
of medicine it
is the practice of politics on the wounded and it is shameful and it must end.

Michael Krawitz is a Disabled United States Air Force Sergeant
and Executive Director of Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access.

><><

Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access
3551 Flatwoods Road - Elliston, Virginia 24087 -- 540-365-2141 --
"Michael" <<mailto:miguet@infionline.net>miguet@infionline.n et>

Thank you!! 361 to go. They say the 25th, but likely mean by the morning of that day. Man, I hope it gets enough people in time...

Your bubble bag harvest... Looks amazing!

I remembered hearing that PTSD was being treating with some margin of sucess with a particular SSRI (c*lexa) I think). This was more than five years ago.. This was from a doctor working at an Army Hospital... Had worked with a lot of the troops returning and in the middle-east for this sort of thing.

Who knows, it was pretty early then I think in treating with it.. And they probably had a few other prescriptions thrown their way. Wish I had more information than that...

The only reason I said that about your comment was just that.. I think you mean to say it is the "Best Current Solution".. Which is arguable, but I agree.. It's safer than a lot of the medications traditionally used for this sort of condition.. But none of them really cure it, they deal more with symptoms. I see nothing wrong with a good bandaid though.. Especially if the other potential bandaids are a bit stickier and more painful to remove..

In my own experience indicas do help with anxiety. Used to get panic attacks. It's kind of good to get out your zone to look at things also.. In that therapeutic effect might help in recovery.. Who knows! I'm not a doctor.

A friend and I had been discussing this recently.. There are strains that just.. Put you in a really introspective and potentially depressing place.. Sorry for discussing outside the topic so much! But PM me if you have noticed any strains that do that for you Lusi (and ANYONE else!).. I would like to start documenting some stuff on this. Very much appreciated!

Cannabis' true medicinal wonder is really in versatility and variety.

Hi THSee, sorry I got behind. Your reply slipped my notice. I'm psyched about my harvest of the giant plant to use for hash. I tried water curing a 5 gallon bucket of buds and they seem more potent, plus the strong taste and smell of the plant is gone!! I cured for 6 days and dried for 2. The larger buds are still wet and I hope they weren't in water too long. I entered my plant in plant of the month. It's more strains that grow like this but give couch like that I need.-

They use many antidepressant and anti psychotics (azepams) for PTSD, but like pot.... None of them will cure. I don't have a single medication in my daily organizer that cures a dang thing!-
When was the last time anyone had a pill, that wasn't an antibiotic, that cured something? That meaning, you no longer needed any treatment for whatever it was again? Lol There are meds that cure you as long as you are taking them, like my blood pressure and thyroid meds. Even PTSD patients don't have a solution for that.... Not even with pot. It's a really depressing thought...

The Indicas help me with panic attacks, if I get them early enough. After one gets ahold, the physical pain it causes becomes unbearable for me. I am looking for an Indica that knocks me out and keeps me out. I haven't found one yet, dang it!! lMK if you have one. Sleep is still priority over pain relief. :-(

Are you saying some of these Indicas have made depressing memories come back? I never thought of this.... I do have one in the house that did that to me. I'll pay more attention and keep better notes of this now that the harvest is almost done. I've had a few nights laying there remembering shit, a depressing mess it made me! I have to think about that... lMK if you have any to avoid. I need for my mind to slow down and shut down, not hash ever every mistake I ever said or did since a small child and everyone done to me. I have a sore spot about PTSD because I imagine it's just like this, but with their old past, recent trauma and bleak future in a monstrous crushing force they can't escape. if there are strains that send us into that depression, imagine how it might effect one with PTSD! At the least, I hope our veterans are informed what not to get. Sativas increase anxiety but some Indicas increase depression by looking back.... What better place to start a list of what not to take? lMK some ofmthosemto avoid! :)

Cannabis is certainly unique, one type of plant to cure many different things. A few strains do more than an herb garden would. Lol It's amazing how one plant can do more than a single drug or entire herb garden. Even tolerance can be reset by constantly switching strains. My only complaint is what it does to my mind. I actually feel drummer and to my own ears sound the same than before I started it. In general, it is taking me longer to figure out new things than it used to. I don't like this and don't have that problem with any other med. If I can't get by like this, I'll need to return to 3 days on and 3 days off. Does anyone else ever notice they think slower, when not taking MJ too? I think people are starting to notice this about me. This bothers me a lot!

Well, back to those capsules next post lol

The last capsule test blew my mind. Hope it was a coincidence but...

I took one of my decarbed 1/4g hash caps andnadded enough oil to soak the hash, then microwaved it for 10 seconds to see what happened. (nothing. 3 hours go by... Nothing! The next morning, I'm a bit light headed, but have to meet a family at their lovely home, for the first time. 12 hours later why they are showing me around, that dang capsule hit. The husband was a doctor and I could tell he knew something was wrong.... The room spun and I couldn't hear or understand what the fellow was saying. So embarrassing!!!! Once to the safety of the car (not driving) I passed out for over 6 hours... 12 hours after I took that capsule!!

So folks..... Why did adding oil not only make the capsule stronger, but make it not take effect for over 12 hours?? It was 24 hours before it wore off!

I took another 1/4g poll,with no oil and it was a bit weak, but relaxing. I guess I will try 3/8 hash and oil again, when I can afford to be passed out for two days. Lol

The $20 glycerine tincture is awesome. I hope I can make some like it! I feel almost normal again and can take it even in the day. If I'm clear headed enough to pop a few ground squirrels (air rifle) I might be able to drive again of these drops keep working like this. Two droppers did not effect my aim, but helped pain! Three were ideal with an new dropper ever few hours.

Now the poll, tincture and volcano together so far gave me a good nights sleep.:)

Flax oil is one of the quickest to turn rancid and one of the least heat tolerant oils - I would use grapeseed or coconut to make capsules. Some dogs are great ratters, as well as cats.

Thanks THSee! It sound like we're working on similar ideas. Me, I want to reduce the breakthrough pain opiods, then tackle the fentanyl patchs. Anxiety, nausea, sleep, and depression are helped with a vaporizer and these strains I have around. The pain, muscle spasms and inflammation needs something more, thus pills, tincture, and cookies. Have you tried the glycerine tincture? This is my next project in line. :)-

I know people use coconut oil a lot for caps, but I want to keep caps nearby, in apocket or on the nightstand, not the frig. Coconut oil is liquid on the shelf in my climate. I tried make ISO hash into caps once and also once with flax oil. Both dissolved the capsules. :-(. I wonder if I make the hash into caps dry, then add just a drop or two of oil to each , using an eyedropper, then close it up.... Might it be enough oil, perhaps to decarb half? Hmmm

Is decarboxylate the word I'm hunting for, what's needed to convert the THC... Words come to mind like Delta or 9, but darn it my books with the right words are still in boxes, somewhere. I'm so glad you mention the terpenes! I think making BHO eliminated terpenes, since this one strain with a strong taste-(shiva shanti)-was tasteless when done BHO. I was using Vector butane, but was warned that even when rinsed, it's not pure. The pure stuff is manymtimes the price, but if i make BHO from hash, this might be perfect, for this stinky strain. (smells like pine) I have a TON on this, now dry ice hash, but still too strong. From what I understand, the terpenes make the odor or taste? Is this right? I don't know... That taste is there when vaporized and in alcohol tincture, darn it all, this is confusing. You said you non-decarb tincture made the de at ed one taste better? I think I have something backwards here...

-How did you make your Afgani Black hash, the one that worked without heating it up? I haven't seen this strain yet. Is it am good one for chronic pain? Does alcohol or glycerine not decarb like a solvent would? I'd love to know if you have made some 2 separate tinctures, one with decarb buds and one not. If ya don't mind, keep me filled in on any discoveries, especially how these two tinctures effect you. This would be such valuable into to me and save a lot of experiments. :-D

You are very right... I need new strains! I like one called Agent Orange, but can't find seeds or clone to make enough for pain use. Hell, the buds are hard to find too. I just harvested all my Indicas and have a tent filled with a ton of GDP, BubbaKush, White Skunk (good for day), which are my last grow and test of these strains. All these plants were much different indoors in appreance, like grand daddy green outside. Perhaps they will effect me differently this time too. If not, there's plenty to use for cooking and experiments. I have another 6 single bud plants of strains to test. -

Something useful for you... I make dry ice hash with my 1 gal mesh bubble bags. It's so easy and quick, I never got around to using the other bags and trying bubble hash. I can process 4 oz of buds and several strains in just a 1/2 hr with under $2 worth of dry ice. Like bubble hash, no decarb, but it's easy and quick. I don't bother running it all again and just hit the leftovers in the volcano. I like it so much, I made every bud I have into hash. When I find good pain buds, I'll leave em be. Lol

There's my ebook for the day... Time to return to the hunt for the capsule machine. Thanks for the advice. I'll be back when I have some resultsmto post. :))
'blueriverTm' rosin capsules check em out! I also am starting to try and figure these things out so i can make my own but the other thing is these capsules by blue river you get 30 of em for about $25-$30 depending on what dispo you go to...I def grow enough that i have left over materials for salve and tincture throughout the year but capsules would be extra haha!!!

Back
Top Bottom