Amy to you know doc bud didn't invent Brix? :rofl::rofl: you know what Brix is? Hence why it's called brix....

:rolleyes: Of course I do... I did my own high Brix/LOS method grow before I got the kit. Jeez! But Brix is just a measure of sugars and minerals in plant matter - hence I’d wonder what is in a spray called Brix. Brix is not a substance, is a degree measurement.
:Namaste:

Why are you looking at it ethically, when it's already been said how evil shit is... they are pretending to add sugars and Weight to product through a cheap method, hence name Brix...

Nah dude its not just you :(. The market is so flooded with shit that when someone gets something they know was grown properly, theyll chuck an "OG" at the start or a "KUSH" at the end and bump the price from 280 to 350 LOL.
It's pleasing to know I'm not the only one that deals with these types, it's not good but it's comforting haha. Yeah it's pretty bullshit how people get away with it but because it's still Illegal they can do what they want really. Can't call up the cops and be like "my dealer scabbed me $50 more than usual, go arrest him the thief!" don't think that would go down well :rofl:
Wtf is Brix+? :eek:
I too am interested since this is the first time I'm hearing of brix a parts from Doc's kit brix stuff
Nice to see the flower show is on the way mate. Gonna be a beautiful site once she's full
Cheers mate! It's going to be a fuckin jungle once things really get going lol. All the small plants are really taking off while the big plants don't seem to be doing as much. Given the AB/AH looks like crap but hopefully they'll pull through and give me something good :thumb:
Brix is a solution that people holding no moral compass use to increase the weight of their flowers.
A spray bottle is filled with water, then a large amount of brix is mixed in.
They then spray their plants with it, so that when it dries the brix remains but the water doesnt.
It can turn 3/4 of a pound into 1 pound very easily
Sounds the same as using gravox or fruit juice. Just spray and let dry, easy 150+grams added just because of contamination. Heard a lot of stories of people doing it with a whole range of shit but I've never had it thankfully. Some people will just do anything to make an extra buck aye...dickheads.
Learn something every day! Why is it called Brix I wonder ...
Ditto!

Amy to you know doc bud didn't invent Brix? :rofl::rofl: you know what Brix is? Hence why it's called brix....
:rolleyes: Of course I do... I did my own high Brix/LOS method grow before I got the kit. Jeez! But Brix is just a measure of sugars and minerals in plant matter - hence I’d wonder what is in a spray called Brix. Brix is not a substance, is a degree measurement.
Why are you looking at it ethically, when it's already been said how evil shit is... they are pretending to add sugars and Weight to product through a cheap method, hence name Brix...

So what it's just sugar water or what? I don't know much about brix and what it means but I know in the english language one word can mean many things be it dictionary english or local slang.
Is Brix+ the actual brand name of that shit or is it just what people call it in those filthy rat circles that do it? I've never known anyone personally that has done it with this Brix+, gravox or fruit juice so I don't have a clue about what's in Brix+.

Who cares really tbh, none of us are dumb enough to do that so yeah lets talk about something else aye? No I don't care about the footy just in case someone wanted to talk about it. Got plants to grow yo! :rofl:

I'll be grabbing a photo of the plants tomorrow arvo which will be..day 3? Worst memory for these things haha

I was almost stupid enough a few year ago... dude at a hydro Shop was trying to sell it, sounded great and I hadn't heard of it.. organic etc, I was sold, but I left Shop to research it before I purchased. These iPhones a great for that type of thing...

Why are you looking at it ethically,
I wasn’t :hmmmm:

I was only wondering what would be in it seeing as brix is a measurement not a substance.

So - yeah the answer thanks Wings, is that it’s just some kind of sugar that gets left behind, right?

Wings, (FYI just in case) there’s heaps of info about Brix beyond what Doc has created with his kit... it’s been pioneered a lot in the wine grape growing industry which is why it interests me for cannabis so much. It’s being used more and more in large scale agriculture too. I’m applying it to our food growing as well now. :thumb:
This is a pretty good basic overview on some aspects
Brix and nutrient dense food FAQ's | Grazetech

I don't get why wouldn't it be called brix+ when that's what it's claiming to do.. it a foliar, res based nutrient, that's also applied at harvest, sprayed onto crop, leaves will intake what they can.. it leaves a sticky residue over plants.

Ah so it's supposed to increase the brix or sugar content of the plant with foliar spraying. Nutrient based but yeah seems like the recommendation of spraying late in flower seems a bit dumb...maybe if it was done in veg it wouldn't be too bad but yeah kind of seems dumb to spray our plants with anything that leaves residue when the buds are stacking.

Do you have any uniform plants for training by the way buddy?
I am watching this closely! I read that Malawi can have an extremely long flowering time, even for a sativa :-D man I wish I had your beans. Did some reading up on it :D so excited for you man!!!!!
<3!!!!

Hello all! DAY 3 FLOWER

Sorry for the late update everyone, damn car has shit itself so now me and jazz are running around like headless chooks trying to find another way for transport so I can drive her to work. We have options but yeah for all of you that know about the recent car crash this is just another thing to worry about. Fuck me I need a holiday :rofl:

Anyway all the plants are looking really good :D Some of them have really shot up since the flip 2 days ago which I'm guessing are the males/herms but we shall see soon enough. The Angels Breath/Heart are looking rough still because their fan leaves aren't falling off quite yet but the new growth looks alright for the most part so that's good (always gotta have a silver lining ;)). The Malawis are looking so fucking good, heaps proud of the deep healthy coloration/sheen they have going on :thumb:

Nothing has shown it's sex as of yet (not surprising) but I'm going to assume with the 10/14 light schedule they will show sex between week 2 or 3. @Dusty Kiefers You might be able to tell me when your plants have shown sex with this 10/14?

Photo time!

@Pyr0 Welcome mate! Pull up a seat and enjoy the jungle unfold :passitleft: The pre-flowers that have shown on the Malawis look to be female but still no pistols, thought with having a 2 month veg time these would be the first to show sex but still nothing lol

@Featherleaf What do you mean by uniform plants? Like topped or? Yes I've been told the same thing (this is my first time growing it ever) it's supposed to flower for 3-4 months, under 12/12 it can flower for wayyyy longer than what I was told :oops: Haha if I had a dollar for everytime I thought 'I wish I had your beans" I'd be filthy rich by now hahaha. The Malawi I have is from a now defunct seedbank named Afropips so if you wanted to do more reading on this specific type of Malawi you could find more info if you search "Afropips Malawi". Cheers mate I'm super keen for these to be female and produce some donkey dick colas :high-five: :green_heart:

Alright that should do it for this update,

Have a good one :thumb:

Looking good man, nice and healthy (ab/ah:confused:) that overhead shots beautiful... Rip all that dead shit off those angels. Have they yellowed?

How would we know?:rofl: ... just the occasional pic without bplurple... please :battingeyelashes:

I mean I’m sure they’re looking great ... but I totally can’t tell from the pics so I’m just taking your word for it

How bad are your eyes lol Nah just kidding, I don't like the color that much either. Next update I'll get some normal lighting photos :) :thumb:
Most of them are but I get you, kind of hard to see their greeness through all the blurple/whirple :rofl:

Looking good man, nice and healthy (ab/ah:confused:) that overhead shots beautiful... Rip all that dead shit off those angels. Have they yellowed?

Cheers buddy :) Yeah the AB/AH aren't the best looking lol, lesson learned. Don't let them get underfed in small pots If i can't transfer them straight away when they look like they need it. It is quite nice, the Malawis leaves are mesmerizing :thumb: Lol I know I know they looks horrible compared to the Malawis :rofl: I'll do it when lights come on today :thumb: The leaves or the ab/ah? One of the AB's has always had a really REALLY light green too her/him which I thought was just the pheno but I may have been under-feeding it for a while...
Indicas are sooooo much easier to grow lol, they can take anything but damn hazes/sativas are finicky little things. First time growing these out so I should be a bit less harsh on myself but still. I don't like to see my plants in distress :rofl:

@Aussiegirl Nah different company, is that the one on Ebay lol? It sounds familiar and I think I've bought some crappy chinese lights from them before but idk haha. Whys that?

Have a good one folks :thumb:
Oh nothing it just looks alot like mine, I got the cheap tent and the expensive lights $1400 but very happy with the hlg.. your plants look lovely and I wish you all the best for the rest : )

Oh ps yes I think they are on Ebay not sure, I took the long drive to their shop at Lidcombe.. way to paranoid to buy certain things online.

Back
Top Bottom