Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.5g

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stealthy Stoner

420 Member
Hi all, so I've smoke for a couple years now, and want to make edibles properly (I've done it badly before, still worked out ok though). This time however, I'm baking for a party of 12, now the group ranges from some experienced smokers like myself, and some newbies. I've seen so much conflicting I formation online about how much flower to use, and if making cannabutter I should "activate" the THCA in an oven BEFORE I put it in with the butter, or if I should dump it straight in. My current plan is to use 1/8 of an ounce, and bake the buds for 150 degrees Celsius for a little under 10 minutes (I don't want to risk any burning), however I am still unsure as to if this is a good method or not. Thanks a lot guys!

You need to decarb at a higher temp for a longer time.
cannabis training university on YouTube has a good recipe for making cannabutter in a crockpot. She gets a really nice product.

I used the double boiler method. I clarified my butter, which I think is an important step.

if you have a crockpot I suggest you start with the YouTube vid. If you don't , and you have the stuff for the double boiler method , I can help you.

Like Chris said ,there are some tutorials on the site as well.

You need to decarb at a higher temp for a longer time.
cannabis training university on YouTube has a good recipe for making cannabutter in a crockpot. She gets a really nice product.

I used the double boiler method. I clarified my butter, which I think is an important step.

if you have a crockpot I suggest you start with the YouTube vid. If you don't , and you have the stuff for the double boiler method , I can help you.

Like Chris said ,there are some tutorials on the site as well.
I don't own a crockpot, and after surfing around on the site I've seen reccomendations from 1 ounce per pound of butter all the way to a quarter ounce per pound. Cheers for the tip tho, as for the double boiler method I'm definitely interested.

I tried making butter but didn't like how it turned out. I found another recipe for vegetable oil or what ever kinda oil you want to use. I like making my brownies .:lot-o-toke::nerd-with-glasses::nerd-with-glasses::420::cough::ganjamon:

So with that being said I use 1oz. Or little over lol if bud to 1cup of oil in sauce pan slowly warm oil up . DO NOT boil oil at any time slowly heat up over medium heat . Stir constantly for 45min. To 1hr. Then after done stirring oil I strain worn cheese cloth to get all the chunks out. Let cool then make brownies as recipe says . Easy$$$ . Oh and that makes a 12X9 pan of brownies and I get 12 brownies a pan . 1/4 brownie im good 1/2 brownie im drooling and whole brownies im a fucking zombie lmao . Just my 2cents have fun and enjoy. :goodluck::smokin::passitleft::cough::lot-o-toke::ganjamon::420:

Ok, so would this get you wasted then? And are you a fairly heavy / long term user?

Not a heavily wasted ratio but also depends heavily on the bud used

Ya just gotta try a few batches my friend

Spicy to you may be mild to me, just like this

I'd suggest making two batches days before the party or whatever, then try them

I used an oz/ lb. of butter.
I decarbed my ground cannabis at 230f for 45 minutes. You can do this step in an oven bag to keep down the odor.
While I was decarbing, I was seperating/ clarifying my butter.
My double boiler is a pan with a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup. You can use either a real double boiler if you should have one or use a heat resistant glass bowl.
I heat the water until it is just boiling. A few small bubbles hitting the surface. If you have ever poached an egg, it is a similar temperature.
Put your clarified butter in the double boiler along with your ground flower.
Stir every once in a while and check the water under the double boiler occasionally to refill as needed.
I let mine cook 6 hours. You can go longer or shorter.
I then strained it through a reuseable coffee filter that is made from fine mesh and plastic. They have them for the drip units. You can also use a flour sack towel or cheese cloth. I prefer the coffee filter as it is easier to clean and does a great job of not clogging or letting any fine material through.
Pour your cannabutter into a silicone mold or storage container. Let it set in the refrigerator.
With this method you get a nice green butter without having to drain the sludge from the bottom that you get using the water methods.

I tried to do a quick how-to. If there are at parts of this process that are not clear to you, ask away!

Not a heavily wasted ratio but also depends heavily on the bud used

Ya just gotta try a few batches my friend

Spicy to you may be mild to me, just like this

I'd suggest making two batches days before the party or whatever, then try them
Yea, most the people eating have only been high a handful of times, have a party
I used an oz/ lb. of butter.
I decarbed my ground cannabis at 230f for 45 minutes. You can do this step in an oven bag to keep down the odor.
While I was decarbing, I was seperating/ clarifying my butter.
My double boiler is a pan with a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup. You can use either a real double boiler if you should have one or use a heat resistant glass bowl.
I heat the water until it is just boiling. A few small bubbles hitting the surface. If you have ever poached an egg, it is a similar temperature.
Put your clarified butter in the double boiler along with your ground flower.
Stir every once in a while and check the water under the double boiler occasionally to refill as needed.
I let mine cook 6 hours. You can go longer or shorter.
I then strained it through a reuseable coffee filter that is made from fine mesh and plastic. They have them for the drip units. You can also use a flour sack towel or cheese cloth. I prefer the coffee filter as it is easier to clean and does a great job of not clogging or letting any fine material through.
Pour your cannabutter into a silicone mold or storage container. Let it set in the refrigerator.
With this method you get a nice green butter without having to drain the sludge from the bottom that you get using the water methods.

I tried to do a quick how-to. If there are at parts of this process that are not clear to you, ask away!
Thanks a lot man, this has really helped. I'll probably still stick to a low dose, as my friends and I have a party to go to later that day and they've only been high a dozen or so times. Happy toking everyone!

One thing I forgot...Never microwave your cannabutter. It is said it will ruin the thc. I don't know if this is true or not. I don't feel like being a guinea pig either. I just err on the side of caution on that one.

It is a lengthy process so I would recommend doing a larger batch and then just going half regular butter , half cannabutter for your recipe. Or less of you want. You can then have a stash in the freezer to use at your disposal. Then when the mood hits you can have a bit on toast or pancakes. You can experiment with dosages that way.

There are some great videos on how to make canna gummies and a plethora of other cannabis delights. If you get into making your own edibles and know the THC % of your flower, some of the growers have a dosage spreadsheet. It will let you know how strong your edibles are.

Happy cooking.

Back
Top Bottom