Mars-Hydro - Formerly TopLedGrowLight - Customer Service Review

Just stopped in to say i bought 2 mars 300 a year ago, on both units the same 4 leds burned, contacted customer service they responded within a few hours, arranged replacement parts, received parts 4 days later, took 15 minutes to repair.

Great service, even with me buying just a cheap ass light.

I have recommend them to others.

This story would be different if you couldnt fix it yourself. You would pay about $200 to fix those 2 lights. Which would change anyones attitude.

No Lens problem any more, and you will not need warranty anymore. a bit high price, you will not get into warranty problem, we do not need to ask you ship back to our repair center to help you .

How can you actually get on here and say that. And how could anyone actually believe that. I have a reflector series. Do they have a lens problem too? Because Im having to send mine back in for repair.

Im not trying to bash your company. I just want you to see how absurd it is for you to admit to selling 100s or 1000s of lights that you all never even check for defects that turned out to be trash. You stick with your warranty that isnt really a warranty. You still ignore my tent problem, all these people are saying how your lights are prone to tear up, and your main focus and solution is to sell us a more expensive light with the same warranty. You act as if it isnt your responsibility to stand by your product. A PERFECT example is

Microsoft XBOX 360. They rushed it out to beat the PS3. But there was a design flaw that allowed it to over heat. the warranty is only like a year or 2. But they fixed any and everybody that sent their XBOX in due to this error. I personally sent mine in 4 or 5 times. 5 years after purchase. YEARS after warranty expired. They could have been like MARS HYDRO and make us pay for shipping and labor. But they understood that they would eventually put out another xbox. and wanted to make sure their customer bought it also. PLUS...it wasnt the customers fault they put out a crappy device.
So my point is... you should ALWAYS stand by your product. The only reason you wouldnt is because you know a very high percentage of your products fail. And maybe you cant afford to ship and fix all of them. Either way. Im very disappointed but not suprised

It is only 69.99USD, we pay parts and repair fee, you pay shipping, I think that is very fair. how do you think about it ?
wish i could say the same weavel got 2, 300s with leds burn out and got to pay for them to be replaced just over a year old

yeah, you can go to the Mars Pro II series. we will not improve Mars II series anymore, we will find a right time to stop making them.

And this year, we are considering to use CREE CXB 3590 series to make one expensive series LED grow light, much expensive than 1000USD, we do not know how many people would like to pay for them.
I'm am thinking of actually giving mars-hydro one more try.
I've worked in product development of electronic devices for numerous years. Also worked hand in hand with overseas manufacturing. So I do understand their plight.
However as a customer in North America, we have certain demands and a quality that we have come to expect when we buy products. Especially expensive electronic equipment.
So I bought their tent. Meh.
Led Glasses not bad
Mars II 1200 (happy until I start hearing there is a known problem with blowing leds... hmmm
So returning the led but I may try a mars II pro.
Im still deciding and looking at the options.

Indoors - 600W MH - GSC & Blueberry

LED GSC & Hash plant

Hi Icemud,

Actually we never and ever change the LENs supplier, even last year and this year. I know you have a lot experience with LED grow light, I do believe you know the LEDs tech improved very fast these years, when I work at our company, the white color only 70~80 lumens, not it is far more lumens than 1K lumens per chip , very very high. so you can feel the development of LEDs, but the LENs, they can did not improve so fast. so problem happen. the LENs can not bear the high lumens chips. after sometimes , the LENs will be burn out by LEDs. I am telling you the truth. this is the only reason customer found LED burn out, it is actually the LENs burn out. LENs tech is limited now, we have tried a lot LENs on Chinese market, expensive or cheap and tried to change our current supplier, but failed, all of them did not help us change the fact. and we tried to lower the current we use to drive LEDs, we were using 700mA, now we are using 600mA to let the LEDs lower lumens and keep the LENs working longer. but the grow environment temperature is very important too .so now some growers use only three months, LENs burn, some growers use one year burn. some grower even longer.

We are responsible for our products, that is why we have several repair centers now, USA,Canada,Australia,UK,Germany. we just want to help them and do not want them ship back to China. Most Chinese company will ask customers ship back to China when the products got problem, for the high international shipping cost, we know they will not ship back. but ship within country, they can. now there is another problem we should improve is : we ignore the fact that most growers do not want to ship their products out when their lights have problem, that is why people always say we ask them repair themselves . actually, this first choice is to ship back to us and we help them to repair. but they do not want to ship out, so we have to ship parts to them and teach them how to repair themselves . for this experience, Our Mars Pro II is a COB tech, if any problem on the PCB board, we will ship a new PCB to replace , This is very easy, no soldering problem anymore. we know most customers can replace drivers, fans themselves ,but they cannot solder , so we improved this tech on our Mars Pro II series, at the same time, for the limited tech of LENs, we will not use that material on our lights any more. I am not sure if you know our Mars Pro II series did not use LENs, so we are trying very hard to solve all the problems we met. that is the best we can do now.

Besides, We know the CREE CXB 3590 are very welcome by some growers, we are considering to make a new series with this chip now, but the price will be high. We hope growers can accept. :) at the end of this year, customers have two choice, great price one? go to our Mars Pro II series. expensive one, go to our CREE CXB 3590 series. their decision.

As to the Mars II series, we hope every customer who can pay a bit more, go to Mars Pro II series please. If you can not and you want to keep at our Mars II series, please protect them carefully, and we will help you according to our warranty policy.
Most likely the failure is cause by using poor encapsulation materials or by poor standards of quality control at the encapsulation stage. What material is used on your encapsulation? My guess would be epoxy.

Its very possible that the encapsulation material itself is of poor quality, or one of the other components in the Mars II light such as the PCB board materials, or the solder is off gassing causing a breakdown of the chemical bonds in the epoxy itself. It could be an adhesive or glue that is used on the Mars II which is interacting with the encapsulation.

Have you always had the same company do encapsulations for your chips? are they done in house? Who did you use for encapsulation when you were Top LED, and why did you change since then? Most likely that is your problem.

How can you actually get on here and say that. And how could anyone actually believe that. I have a reflector series. Do they have a lens problem too? Because Im having to send mine back in for repair.

The green Reflector series is using the same LENs as Mars II , The Mars Pro II are using different chips. I will post pictures of the Mars II series LEDs and Mars Pro II chip series, you will see the difference.

1155.png
IMG_49439.JPG

Check these two pictures, have you found the difference?
The Mars II series, mark 1, LENs, that is the thing burn out fast now. We do not use it anymore on the Mars Pro II series.

The Mars II series, Mark 2, that is most commercial growers got problem, because they always use sulfur and sulfur nutrition to increase grow result. this material has silver on it, The silver will be rotten by sulfur, that is also why we recommend growers please do not use sulfur if you use our Mars II series. we also did not use the silver thing on our Mars Pro II series too .

This Mars II LENs problem and silver material problem, it is not only our company have. all the manufacture who use that tech will meet. we improved .

I know some people will ask me I love your Mars II series for the great price and great result, why not use your new LEDs on the Mars II series, yeah, we wanted and we tried, the penetration is very bad, your guys will not like it , so we have to make a new series and install it with our new LEDs.

Any confusion? reply, I will try my best to answer more clear .

It is only 69.99USD, we pay parts and repair fee, you pay shipping, I think that is very fair. how do you think about it ?

I've been reading about your company here on the forum for awhile, in particular you representing your company. With what I read, I could not draw a dollar from my wallet to support your horrible way of doing business online. US...the growers here spend in our opinion a ton of money for hopefully quality products to support our efforts to grow medicine....we want quality and not BS when a vendors product fails our needs. IMHO, offer a 2 year warranty with a next day replacement in the US/UK no questions asked. Oh and no fix it yourself stuff

I think business is : you agree with my policy, I agree with your policy, negotiation . customers buy our products because they love great price , want the great result from our lights, fast reply messages, great service. also they agree the policy we listed on our website. but not after they buy the things and force us to do all the things they think it perfect but that is not the right business.you have rights to image perfect, we have rights to follow the policy we stated.

We have quality Mars Pro II series, but growers always complain about the expensive price, they keep buying Mars II . Different customers want different products, someone want to spend 2K USD to buy a light because they want brand, made in the USA, someone only want 69.99USD light because they can only spend 69.99 on light. and they only want them last as longer as they can. if the light broken, they will through away and buy a new one.

As a seller, we will not make the best one at the highest price, because very less people can afford it. we will not make the worst light at the lowest price, because a lot people can afford it but we will get bad company reputation. we will make the light most customers can afford, at the same , we will try our best to make the best quality light under the acceptable cost. that is the business we can do . we did not mean to get all growers as our customers, that is impossible. try our best to get as many as we can.
I've been reading about your company here on the forum for awhile, in particular you representing your company. With what I read, I could not draw a dollar from my wallet to support your horrible way of doing business online. US...the growers here spend in our opinion a ton of money for hopefully quality products to support our efforts to grow medicine....we want quality and not BS when a vendors product fails our needs. IMHO, offer a 2 year warranty with a next day replacement in the US/UK no questions asked. Oh and no fix it yourself stuff

I think business is : you agree with my policy, I agree with your policy, negotiation . customers buy our products because they love great price , want the great result from our lights, fast reply messages, great service. also they agree the policy we listed on our website. but not after they buy the things and force us to do all the things they think it perfect but that is not the right business.you have rights to image perfect, we have rights to follow the policy we stated.

We have quality Mars Pro II series, but growers always complain about the expensive price, they keep buying Mars II . Different customers want different products, someone want to spend 2K USD to buy a light because they want brand, made in the USA, someone only want 69.99USD light because they can only spend 69.99 on light. and they only want them last as longer as they can. if the light broken, they will through away and buy a new one.

As a seller, we will not make the best one at the highest price, because very less people can afford it. we will not make the worst light at the lowest price, because a lot people can afford it but we will get bad company reputation. we will make the light most customers can afford, at the same , we will try our best to make the best quality light under the acceptable cost. that is the business we can do . we did not mean to get all growers as our customers, that is impossible. try our best to get as many as we can.

Well said and exactly why my demographics will not buy your products. Thanks for supporting this forum, and thumbs up for supporting your business model.

yeah, It is ok you do not buy from our products:) you want different things, we respect you . FREEDOM, we got this word from the USA :)
Well said and exactly why my demographics will not buy your products. Thanks for supporting this forum, and thumbs up for supporting your business model.

been on to your team and they sending me the leds so i the fix my self thanks sara

I'm not interested in joining any teams, I just want to know what's wrong with my light so I can fix it more permanently next time. I sent photos to support and was supposed to hear back from an engineer, but that was a couple of weeks ago...

I'd like to order a set of replacement LEDs and protection components to fix the burned out diodes, and to be ready for next time the light fails.

ok, If they did not send to you fast, please email me info@mars-hydro.com I will follow up ASAP. then your problem will be solved very fast.
been on to your team and they sending me the leds so i the fix my self thanks sara

Hi Pr each, you still did not get the right solution? did not get LEDs? did not get reply? could you please tell me who were you talking with in our company? I will check it out for you today and give you an answer. you can also email me the details, I am Sara, and my email is : info@mars-hydro.com

Sorry again.
I'm not interested in joining any teams, I just want to know what's wrong with my light so I can fix it more permanently next time. I sent photos to support and was supposed to hear back from an engineer, but that was a couple of weeks ago...

I'd like to order a set of replacement LEDs and protection components to fix the burned out diodes, and to be ready for next time the light fails.

[video=youtube;J4rUNcQVIyc]
[/video]

Mars Hydro grow tent factory, we are making grow tent for customer now.
Nice i want Gold Plated Sides Inside th tent.

Umm lights included into the tent and also can you make sure to make the light panels in gold plated too.

Thks

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Hello XobeMan,

Could you please tell me why you want gold plated? then I will tell our engineer team and factory department , then we will decide if we will do .
:Namaste:
Nice i want Gold Plated Sides Inside th tent.

Umm lights included into the tent and also can you make sure to make the light panels in gold plated too.

Thks

Hello XobeMan,

Could you please tell me why you want gold plated? then I will tell our engineer team and factory department , then we will decide if we will do .
:Namaste:
Gold reflects light really nice and gold also good for cooling down.

Problem is gold cost a lot of money.

I watched a video made by spectrum king LED, they mentioned they are using real gold . have you checked?
Gold reflects light really nice and gold also good for cooling down.

Problem is gold cost a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom